Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 10:10:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!  (Read 13641 times)
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #540 on: 02 April, 2017, 11:54:08 pm »

8.8 bruh
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #541 on: 05 April, 2017, 04:22:23 am »

also the game's translation is apparently a machine translation-level disaster, which is pretty damn amazing

after final fantasy, persona is like, the closest thing to a japanese AAA game. you have to knock that one out of the park, not completely shit it up in a manner uncharacteristic to even the most fodder Atlus translations.
Report Spam   Logged

Arnaham

I'm: Who?
Username: Arnaham
Mood: Busy

« Reply #542 on: 06 April, 2017, 07:52:15 pm »

My favorite thing is that it's voiced, so people had to say things like 'girl of rumor' out loud and they still didn't change it.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #543 on: 06 April, 2017, 11:52:02 pm »

i dunno how to describe it, but I'm weirdly anti-hype for Persona 5. i'm sure it'll be fun to play, but every indication i get is that the story and the character cast aren't interesting, and like, one of the bigger spoilers everyone was interested in, including myself, turned out to be horribly executed. and like, that's a game that still wants to be "woke" like persona 4 did, but seems to have made exactly zero progress since persona 4 and seems to embarrassingly trip over its dick in trying to be that way.

hey ahriman, what's your take on this impression? is it pretty spot on, or was there something about the plot or cast that kinda worked for you?
Report Spam   Logged

Arnaham

« Reply #544 on: 07 April, 2017, 08:28:31 am »

I think they really dropped the ball on the ending and it's not really as profound as it might be attempting to be, and in general the plot has some serious problems (such as how you're basically going into and permanently altering people's minds, but the morality of this is only briefly questioned like once), but I liked the cast a lot more than P3 or 4 and I was entertained the whole way through anyway, so I'd still say it was a great game and worth playing regardless.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #545 on: 07 April, 2017, 09:12:20 am »

A lot of people weened on second-hand information back when the original spoilers were coming out had the impression that the ending felt rushed. Did you have that impression when you played it? If so, did it feel as rushed as the post-game shit (e.g. the Izanami reveal and how that played out) in Persona 4?

(p.s. thanks for answering that question)
Report Spam   Logged

Arnaham

« Reply #546 on: 07 April, 2017, 09:53:16 am »

The entire thing with Goro feels to me like there was cut content that made his whole arc irrelevant, and the guy who's the main antagonist instead has next to no interaction with the main cast, so that whole part of the game comes off like it got shat up in rewrites, I'd say. The very end-game stuff feels like a better fleshed out and at least somewhat more set up version of the Izanami stuff in P4. I thought that part was done alright but it's still a little awkward, and not much more than thematically connected to the rest of the game.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #547 on: 08 April, 2017, 09:18:44 pm »

https://www.facebook.com/events/1316193808463223/

...pretty meh line-up this year, like 2016 was. Don't know if I'll be able to scrounge up the money to go, but seeing this, I don't think I'm gonna cry about it.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #548 on: 10 April, 2017, 10:16:19 pm »

the internet is doing good things with the p5 battle ui

Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #549 on: 16 April, 2017, 04:10:17 am »

behold, my bard outfit

every elf stereotype in one thing
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #550 on: 16 April, 2017, 09:56:09 am »

his head looks tiny
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #551 on: 16 April, 2017, 12:46:00 pm »

behold, my bard outfit

every elf stereotype in one thing
where's the arrogance and treachery?
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #552 on: 16 April, 2017, 01:16:48 pm »

his head looks tiny

that armor makes your head look tiny

also oh dear god this reminds me that i've been playing this game for almost a year

where's the arrogance and treachery?

you know, i've been thinking: if you made a male elf character that wasn't arrogant or treacherous, but took every other stereotype to its furthest extreme, would it still be a mostly-original character?
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #553 on: 02 July, 2017, 03:01:06 am »

I actually don't know why I said forever when I specifically didn't want to ask because it had been so recent :X

So a few months ago, I finally splurged and bought a 360 controller so I could stop destroying my usb ports with broken PS3 wrappers, and in no small part because my PS3 controller is getting old and had started to malfunction. I also got a new laptop as a birthday present that is crazy strong and so I've been making a game of seeing what kind of PS2 games I can get to run on it. As a result, I've been replaying a bunch of old games, including:
- Tony Hawk's Underground 1 and 2 (THUG1 is way worse than I remembered, but THUG2 is pretty okay. Both run at half-speed, so while they're just barely playable, their pretty dope soundtracks got ruined by that)
- .hack//INFECTION (runs at full speed and be brought up to around 180% speed. strangely it runs better on my laptop than it does on my desktop. I beat Infection and Mutation a couple of years ago, but the memory card those save files were on is long gone. As a result, I didn't have a fun go of replaying this game so soon and I don't look forward to replaying Mutation either)
- Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy (runs at near full-speed, but some specific graphical effects from the psychic powers slow it down to about a quarter speed. without knowing, i decided to replay this game on its 13th birthday. still a really good, underrated game that I'd recommend to anyone who hasn't heard of it or played it, although the last few levels blew)
- Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Duelist of the Roses: (runs at full-speed, can be sped up to 200% speed. actually kinda fun for a yu-gi-oh game, albeit way too easy)

I have a couple more ISOs on my harddrive as well like the G.U. series (I'm really surprised those games run at full-speed on this thing) and Star Ocean 3, as some other games I never played like Way of the Samurai 2, Suikoden 3 and Armored Core 2. Also been replaying a bunch of PS1 platformers on the side, like all of the Crash Bandicoot games, Spyro 1 and 2 and, gfloyd's favorite, Jersey Devil. Spoilers: Jersey Devil somehow isn't actually that poorly designed, it's just clunky, unwieldy and maybe one of the single ugliest PS1 games ever.

Still trying to test PS2 ISOs just for shits and giggles, so if any of you have any PS2 games you really liked and would recommend, I'm all ears.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #554 on: 02 July, 2017, 10:37:46 am »

gfloyd's favorite, Jersey Devil. Spoilers: Jersey Devil somehow isn't actually that poorly designed, it's just clunky, unwieldy and maybe one of the single ugliest PS1 games ever.

just like i remember it, such beautiful memories

I never did beat it, I think the max I can remember getting to before giving up to play something else was the sewers.

got no real recommendations other than like gradius v but i unno how that would run so
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: