Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 11:51:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 ... 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!  (Read 13666 times)
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #690 on: 05 April, 2018, 07:50:01 pm »

I think they really dropped the ball on the ending and it's not really as profound as it might be attempting to be, and in general the plot has some serious problems (such as how you're basically going into and permanently altering people's minds, but the morality of this is only briefly questioned like once), but I liked the cast a lot more than P3 or 4 and I was entertained the whole way through anyway, so I'd still say it was a great game and worth playing regardless.

The entire thing with Goro feels to me like there was cut content that made his whole arc irrelevant, and the guy who's the main antagonist instead has next to no interaction with the main cast, so that whole part of the game comes off like it got shat up in rewrites, I'd say. The very end-game stuff feels like a better fleshed out and at least somewhat more set up version of the Izanami stuff in P4. I thought that part was done alright but it's still a little awkward, and not much more than thematically connected to the rest of the game.

also it warms my heart to know that i still agree with ahriman on almost everything
Report Spam   Logged

Arnaham

I'm: Who?
Username: Arnaham
Mood: Busy

« Reply #691 on: 07 April, 2018, 02:36:04 pm »

i'm often right about things
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #692 on: 07 April, 2018, 07:16:09 pm »

p.s. i haven't actually had the opportunity to talk to you since you quit being a full-time employee of MG and moved back to the states, so how have you been ahriman
Report Spam   Logged

Arnaham

I'm: Who?
Username: Arnaham
Mood: Busy

« Reply #693 on: 07 April, 2018, 11:37:03 pm »

About as well as I have been really. Living in a better place and making more money though
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #694 on: 16 April, 2018, 02:24:11 pm »

i won a $40 gift card to gamestop from this year's big anime club tournament and i dunno what to spend it on

i owe a dude $10 that i have to pay him tomorrow (for something so unbelievably stupid that I frankly don't think he deserves it, but still) and I'd rather just have the money to pay that instead of $40 in gamestop funbux
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #695 on: 08 May, 2018, 02:29:54 am »

there's a weekly thing in ffxiv where you do bosses and dungeons to get stamps. when you accomplish a goal, it puts a stamp in one of 16 random spots, and you can do this up to 9 stamps. for every line those stamps form, you get an extra reward that rises in value. the odds of getting three lines is infinitesimal, requiring all nine stamps to be in perfect position, but it's obscenely lucrative, being exchangeable for items worth over 10m gil, enough to buy 3 houses.

and across the three characters I did it on this week, two of them got three lines

i think i just burnt the rest of the good luck I'll ever see for the rest of my life
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #696 on: 15 May, 2018, 05:35:31 pm »

i said come in, don't stand there
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #697 on: 27 May, 2018, 05:15:47 am »

so i jumped on the overwatch free weekend

i never touched this game because I assumed it was a game that is impossible to play with pugs, and i was completely right as it happens. well, maybe that's unfair, because overwatch's team system is built to ameliorate that, but it also seems like it has drawbacks that make it even more pug-unfriendly. it's like, the initial 50% of players who find success invariably team up and coalesce around each other, largely segregating good pugs and bad pugs such that people just coming into quick play alone are inherently at a disadvantage. i'm not good so I don't expect to win even 50% of matches, but winning two matches out of about 15 because I keep getting paired with players like the skill level 20 reaper who is only shooting his targets from 30 meters away when I'm fucking reinhardt marching straight into melee range with a big fucking shield out is a bit much. also there's a lot of players who have like, skill level 1-7 and are way too competent to have never played before. are these guys just making new accounts to kill newbies or something?

pretty much the only saving grace was a widowmaker player flaming me and then ragequitting a winning team for picking him off a bunch as winston, which was pretty funny
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #698 on: 30 May, 2018, 10:07:53 am »

*sidles in*

yeah Overwatch is very hard to enjoy by yourself, especially starting out, because people aren't usually that interested in coordinating with you, they just want to play heroes that appeal to them and frag out (and they are usually bad at them or don't realize what those heroes should be used for)

getting low level/new players to understand what tanks are for and how to play around them is truly frustrating

and yes people love to make smurfs in this game, particularly during free weekends where they can go stomp on new people
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #699 on: 30 May, 2018, 07:00:42 pm »

they just want to play heroes that appeal to them and frag out (and they are usually bad at them or don't realize what those heroes should be used for)

whoops this is me
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #700 on: 30 May, 2018, 08:58:15 pm »

my old dm randomly pulled me in for a new bi-weekly pathfinder adventure path run by the fighter from my original 3.5 campaign

this is dead now too
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #701 on: 16 June, 2018, 02:40:20 pm »

so instead i'm like, 90% through a playthrough of baldur's gate 2: shadows of amn

i can't believe how good this game still is holy shit
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #702 on: 15 July, 2018, 09:06:06 pm »

spyro remaster looks quite nice. i guess this is a game much better served by a modern remaster in that spyro in general wasn't as delicately textured as the crash games since it needed to run its open, often quite expansive levels, so there's more to fill out than with crash. it's prolly also 'cause it's more fantastic and therefore all the levels and the enemies can be personalized and exaggerated way better than the ones in crash.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #703 on: 16 July, 2018, 04:27:00 pm »

Super excited for this.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #704 on: 20 July, 2018, 12:10:55 pm »

took them like 2 years to finally add the husband of all husbands to fe: heroes

i realize i'm the only person on earth who likes libra, but come the fuck on
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 ... 54   Go Up
  Print