Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 04:07:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!  (Read 13724 times)
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #720 on: 23 November, 2018, 04:30:00 pm »

exciting
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #721 on: 23 November, 2018, 05:04:30 pm »

is it
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #722 on: 23 November, 2018, 06:36:11 pm »

cool i expect the good bloodborne updates as is tradition
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #723 on: 23 November, 2018, 10:54:18 pm »

dope give us your psn
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #724 on: 25 November, 2018, 04:49:37 pm »

ok my psn is NovembrineWaltz, or at least that's the psn i'm using going forward because the last one had a dumb name

everything is set up, time to actually play breadbin
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #725 on: 25 November, 2018, 07:04:28 pm »

add me im tyrannokyuss
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #726 on: 25 November, 2018, 07:51:02 pm »

i feel like this is one of those times where I underperform sufficiently below expectation where someone would totally tell me to "git gud" after reading this, but i died twice to cleric beast and i totally blame it on him being a shitty boss

thing feels like a good example of how to do that kind of boss wrong, and about 90% of it is just his arena. the narrow bridge where he takes about 50% of its width because he's so damn big, but there are walls riding up the camera whenever your back is against them. reminds me of why i hate taurus demon in dark souls, only this guy isn't as simple and predictable. died once because i got caught against it and some debris while he used his 5-hit combo, which I couldn't see (and his attack timing is sufficiently irregular where you can't "wing it" even without being able to see his attacks like some other bosses in dark souls). the remaining 10% is that you do so little damage unless you keep hitting him and break his poise until you get the window for a visceral blow on him, but his arena sucks so much that I couldn't really strafe around him and keep the momentum going because the camera would ride straight up my ass and prevent me from seeing a damn thing, so he often got to disengage just because I didn't feel confident enough to keep pressing him, so he managed to attrition me to death the second time despite having like, 150 HP left.

i had him down the third time in no small part because I memorized his combos and when I could go in or trade blows, but that was a pretty shitty first impression. really, if he had a big **** circular arena, he'd be a kinda neat boss because I actually like how diverse his attack patterns are and how unpredictable that makes him, but that bridge fuckin' suuuuucks

EDIT: gascoigne was pretty easy tho. i'm now officially done with all the footage of this game I've ever seen so it's all blind from here as opposed to 90% blind aside from recognizing what both of the first two bosses look like lol
« Last Edit: 25 November, 2018, 08:11:05 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #727 on: 25 November, 2018, 09:09:59 pm »

Cleric beast was alright. I feel like I just spam any attack button while hugging him and I'm able to get by.

I'd say the best fights are in the DLC to be honest
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #728 on: 25 November, 2018, 09:10:59 pm »

also I won't have my ps4 on me for a while, so add JafferN93
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #729 on: 26 November, 2018, 08:48:59 am »

I'm trying to think if Cleric Beast has the effect of preparing you for anything later in the game, and while I can think of a few things, I wonder if it's more that he's a product of the demo. He was the boss that would have been shown off for gameplay purposes, right? And if I recall, people were talking about how much faster and frantic that fight was compared to what they were used to with Dark Souls.

Compared to other Bloodborne bosses, he's not that tough, but the narrow arena and manic attack patterns creates the kind of claustrophobic experience that would make the fight feel harder, especially for someone who is forming their first impressions of the game (and consequently influencing the first impressions of others).
« Last Edit: 26 November, 2018, 01:20:57 pm by randomguy44 » Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #730 on: 26 November, 2018, 11:18:45 am »

I'm Neo_Violen if you want it, I'll probably forget to add you anyway.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #731 on: 26 November, 2018, 01:28:39 pm »

for reference, I beat blood-starved beast on my first try, and I feel like he's generally a similar kind of boss (well, being the guy who never learned how to riposte in dark souls and prolly ain't gonna learn here, I tackled both of them the same way at least) only with a much better arena. could more elegantly roll around or through them, had more confidence to trade blows, etc. it really is just that the camera doesn't work the way they would want it to in an arena like cleric beast's, but I guess my way of literally running circles around most of the bosses I encounter might have just caused me to think that way.

also nabbed vicar amelia and the witch pretty easily. vicar amelia was pretty lol, but I think I might have too many levels or too many good blood gems for her to pass muster anymore. witch was kinda neat tho

also did the first chalice I got from the blood-starved beast and got through it without much trouble. doing the additional chalices I got from it, I dunno if they're worth much (i just got a giant boar as a boss from the root chalice lol) but I may as well see lol
« Last Edit: 26 November, 2018, 01:30:38 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #732 on: 26 November, 2018, 07:17:26 pm »

Chalice Dungeons are... well they're there, yeah.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #733 on: 26 November, 2018, 09:36:01 pm »

being the guy who never learned how to riposte in dark souls and prolly ain't gonna learn here

solidarity

Chalice Dungeons are... well they're there, yeah.

the farther i get from my playthrough the more actively mad i get about these and some of the content that are behind them
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #734 on: 28 November, 2018, 07:08:50 pm »

tbh the chalice dungeons weren't that fun for me and neither were the chalice-exclusive bosses, so I wouldn't really bother if they start boring you
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: