Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 02:47:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!  (Read 13706 times)
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #735 on: 29 November, 2018, 07:17:12 pm »

so now i'm playing a whole bunch of not-bloodborne things and one of them is replaying dark souls 3

i beat the abyss watchers without using a single thing of estus, this boss sucks more than I remembered and I remember thinking they sucked already
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #736 on: 30 November, 2018, 08:01:22 am »

did you dab on them
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #737 on: 30 November, 2018, 09:58:44 am »

i should replay dark souls 3 one day
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #738 on: 31 December, 2018, 04:39:46 pm »

2018 debriefing lol

- prolly the most fun I had this year was when i got deep into playing baldur's gate 2 over and over, hot off of replaying baldur's gate 1 over and over last year. still a masterwork of a game densely packed with content in every corner. didn't finish throne of bhaal though, mostly because high level adventures kinda bore me

- right now, i'm playing through the .hack//G.U. rerelease. i've touched it so sporadically that I'm missing my target of finishing it during december (which is when the bonus fourth installment unique to the rerelease takes place, december 2018) by a long shot seeing as I've only finished the first game. which by the way, is a complete mess lol. i remember the second game being the best and the third being the worst, so that's not a winning ratio lol.

- i celebrated spyro: reignited trilogy by not buying it and replaying spyro 1 and 2 on the ps1 instead. spyro 1 is one of the few games I play from 0% to 100% at least once every year, but it had been a while since I had played spyro 2 and it was pretty eh. the transition those latter two games made by replacing platforming with minigames kinda sucks

- played through about 70% of mega man legends 2. dunno why i didn't finish it. actually think i kinda like legends 1 a decent bit more, but legends 2 isn't a significant drop off. prolly the thing I remember the most was spending about 4 hours doing the 100 question quiz lol

- none of my opinions on persona 5 have changed since i played it. it's a 5/10 game that i don't regret playing, but meh. also, it's pretty fitting that they'd have an announcement for the updated rerelease or something and then not tell us anything about it until march, that's very fitting for the game that had such an overwrought production cycle that it was delayed for two years lol

- well, i played a couple of days worth of bloodborne. i dunno, i don't care about it. my favorite thing about souls games are character builds and it's pretty blatant this isn't really about that to anywhere near the extent as dark souls. it seems to emphasize mechs and playstyles in dark souls that i don't subscribe to at all and don't really wanna either. i think i respect it more than dark souls 3 because it's a bit more explicit about how it wants you to play it rather than dark souls 3 giving you the cosmopolitan variety of options of any souls game and then railroading you heavily. i'll finish it eventually i guess but i'm in no rush.

- i played a bunch of mobage during the latter half of the year because i don't know why. prolly the only one that's interesting is fate/grand order, which actually has a story and provides a good 12-15 hours of content per content update. its original plotline just ended yesterday (that's right, you have me to thank that you'll live to see 2019-- wait, why are you throwing stuff at me) and it's authentically nasu-y that it's kinda nostalgic to go through. it has what I like to call "strange journey" balancing where the game isn't exactly fun, but it's oppressive enough that it's satisfying to conquer the progressively-increasing challenges of the game balanced for someone who has played this for 550 days as opposed to my 150. of course, what that means is that farming in it is the worst experience ever, and this game reaaaally wants you to farm a lot. i saved a lot of gems for the top tier incubus husbando servant that came out this month and failed, but managed to get him from a single summon ticket that one of the endgame raid bosses dropped, which is nice.

- this has been prolly the worst year for ffxiv since it rebooted. ffxiv took a piece of content from the last expansion that was so hated that nobody touched it even after they rebooted it and did it again, only it's even more fucking miserable to experience. ffxiv has a formula for when and how much stuff comes out with some free space every now and then, and aside from rehashing one of the more successful side attractions from the last expansion as well, they've dedicated all of that free space for the entire expansion to this piece of shit. makes the game feel even more sterile -- here's your plot, here's your dungeons, here's your trial and here's your raids, and none of those are gonna up-end the experience of playing the game, and our wild-card attractions are gonna be more of the same too! the main body of the expansion more or less resolved everything that wasn't gonna be part of the raid storyline, so the patch updates have had some pretty fucking pointless story beats, like "oh, let's revive the evil genocidal lady and woobie-fy her and displace all of her wrongdoings on this character we've never seen before and then have her become evil again anyway and kill her". the devs have had their heads so far up their own asses for quite a while, so with the new expansion announced, i'm not really looking forward to it!

- and finally, the pathfinder campaign i'm dm-ing is still going happening. one more meeting and we're gonna finish the first book of the adventure path, which has literally never happened to me before.

- alsoalso i'm not gonna bump my anime topic just to say this, but this is the first year since 2007 where I didn't watch a single show of my own volition lol

favorite games that you've played this year?

so yeah

Baldur's Gate 2
Spyro the Dragon
Mega Man Legends 2
Report Spam   Logged

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #739 on: 01 January, 2019, 03:53:04 pm »

Spyro 1 and 2 continuously battle for number one for me, every time I try to play Spyro 3 I end up getting annoyed by the additional characters and end up dropping the game once I'm around Midday Gardens.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #740 on: 01 January, 2019, 07:44:07 pm »

just beat spyro 1 (reignited version) and am now in 2

1 doesn't do it for me as much honestly, its still good and fun but I don't have the same affection for it as I do for 2 and 3
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #741 on: 03 January, 2019, 12:05:01 pm »

i just dream of an insomniac-developed spyro game where they advanced the platforming bits such that every level was as complicated as tree tops as opposed to how the latter two spyro games largely phased out any and all level-based trickery for minigames
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #742 on: 05 January, 2019, 02:44:38 pm »

forbidden woods is a pain to go through. died to a magic alien guy and had to do the parasite bit all over again which sucked. shadows of yharnam was a really fucking lame fight and i hate them, but i managed to kill them without dying

also beat up rom who was pretty funny.

the yahargul gank squad sucks something fierce and i decided to stop playing once i died to them for the second time
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #743 on: 05 January, 2019, 03:16:59 pm »

are you set on beating them or did you miss going to yahargul earlier and opening the side door?
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #744 on: 05 January, 2019, 03:22:55 pm »

there is no way my pride will permit me to not exact vengeance
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #745 on: 28 January, 2019, 10:16:14 pm »

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/1089996554470154240

happy 20th to the game i love enough to play yearly, yet that nobody else has played nor wants to play
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #746 on: 29 January, 2019, 07:50:24 am »

I rented it when it came out and couldn't figure out how to work it or how it works good times.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #747 on: 29 January, 2019, 11:36:56 am »

I don't know how anyone could've played that game without a FAQ.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #748 on: 29 January, 2019, 08:49:04 pm »

you get stuck with a numemon because your stat distribution was wrong and then go to the place where you get to automatically digivolve him into monzaemon and then ride on him for the rest of the game

my favorite thing about digimon world is that nobody knew how digivolution actually worked until a guy lping it on something awful back in 2010 hired another goon to sift through its code and found out the general outline of how it worked. it took like eleven years for anyone to do this
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #749 on: 30 January, 2019, 06:51:54 am »

i respect that level of obtuseness honestly
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: