Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 06:45:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!  (Read 13622 times)
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #765 on: 26 March, 2019, 02:18:21 pm »

stormblood concluded with a wet fart of an ending. fitting

there's an ongoing subquest line that was updated along with the ending to stormblood. it's the detective comedy questline, it's all a big joke. anyone who was looking forward to that more than the main storyline got a shocking twist and an actual, climactic final boss to wrap up the stormblood arc of that quest line. they put more effort into ending that than the actual ending to stormblood

so yeah, stormblood sucked. I came out of the initial storyline for the expansion kinda disappointed, and then kept going downhill from there, eventually culminating in dedicating two patch cycles to the following summary: "hey, you know that lady who died two-thirds through the story who was basically hitler? yeah, well she was really fucking hot and half of the fanbase jerked off to her stomping on a captive in the stormblood trailer, so we're gonna bring her back and throw her a big old pity party and pretend there's anything redeemable about her so that all her fans won't feel so bad about that" before drunkenly coasting towards the finish line. god damn waste of time.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #766 on: 21 August, 2020, 09:43:19 pm »

i beat a new game today for the first time in like, 2 years

it was a digimon game so lol @ that but still
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #767 on: 21 August, 2020, 10:54:44 pm »

how was it
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #768 on: 22 August, 2020, 10:49:38 am »

it's alright. it's one of the games that based its game design off of digimon world 1 which I love, so I'm the natural target audience. the original game has some ps1-era jank and this game smoothed it over with more modern design sensibility but it also as a result picked up one of the less savory modern design flourishes where they made it even grindier. i was kinda sick of it by the time it ended but there was a period where I was "yeah, I'm kinda into this" which I don't think too often

there's another game like this that was never localized and was also released on the 3ds, which is region locked. 3ds emulation has improved a lot since it came out, so I might try to play it some time, but not now.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #769 on: 23 August, 2020, 04:52:52 pm »

I have vague, fond memories of the Digimon PS1 game from when I rented it and didn't remotely understand it so I just wandered around the game world for awhile until I had to return the game.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #770 on: 23 August, 2020, 10:05:44 pm »

you should pirate the game and repeat that process again
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #771 on: 26 August, 2020, 08:42:14 am »

haven't messed with ps1 emulation since my undergrad days but im always nostalgic for it since it was my first serious emulation attempt so MAYBE
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #772 on: 04 October, 2020, 01:02:30 am »

i don't play smash so i have nothing to say substantively about the minecraft character in it but i thought it's sufficiently funny to point out the obvious with how back in 2005-2006, we used to argue about who might be in brawl based on like, the legacy of a character or how noteworthy they are and how there are these strict rules in place when the actual, simple truth was always just how much sakurai liked the game they were from and no rules ever existed

when the next smash game inevitably comes out after the switch's lifespan has elapsed, you're probably gonna see topics on like, reddit or wherever is the go-to destination to obsess about that will be (it sure won't be gamefaqs), and there's probably going to be no small number of people who will continue to argue from that importance basis. and then it turns out sakurai suddenly got really big into like fall guys and decided to add one of the fall guys characters to the roster. that's like, the best mental image
« Last Edit: 04 October, 2020, 01:04:55 am by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #773 on: 04 October, 2020, 10:24:37 am »

People still do have these like, extremely entrenched rules about who will get it and who won't and its pretty funny. There's a Piranha Plant in the game. Outside of maybe "comes from a video game" its a lawless country.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #774 on: 19 November, 2020, 10:02:22 pm »

my favorite thing about the demon's souls remake is that the reason they fucked up my favorite outfit was because it's called the "rogue's" set and they went "gotcha, d&d rogue armor, let's do this" when it was supposed to be a fancy, eyes wide shut secret society outfit worn by an evil mage

« Last Edit: 19 November, 2020, 10:04:09 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #775 on: 20 November, 2020, 12:28:21 am »

A lot of the armor sets redesigns in the remake were botched. Not a fan of the Binded Cross set.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #776 on: 20 November, 2020, 05:59:12 pm »

https://twitter.com/IronPineapple_/status/1327198472370589696

game is unplayable now honestly
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #777 on: 15 January, 2021, 08:00:24 pm »

late b/c reasons but 2020 in review:

- my lungs imploded for non covid related reasons so I spent the whole year in mortal fear of covid and have been unemployed throughout. so this is prolly the year I had the least money to spend on games pretty much ever.
- done with ff14. 5.3 was good, but it more or less concluded every plot thread I was waiting for. I finally completed my first savage tier at the beginning of shadowbringers and while I did experience it in basically the worst way possible (pugged the whole thing), I hated every second of it. up to that point, savage was basically the last horizon I'd yet to cross with ffxiv and now that I've found out that I don't want to even play it, I've basically detached from the whole game. might come back in 6.0 if the setup looks interesting but I'm done playing shadowbringers
- I've fallen out of pretty much every mobage I was playing too
- played a bunch of pso2 when it came out on steam, but mostly just dolled up my character, played a ton of its shitty pvp mode and did nothing else. they basically patched in 8 years of content in 10 months and the breakneck pace at which everything changes and how much I missed disoriented me too much to really commit
- I beat one new game for the whole year lol. was trying to beat a second one (tales of berseria) but I fell off on the last stretch in what I think was the penultimate dungeon
- I mostly replayed a ton of ps2 games. destroy all humans, psychonauts, arc the lad 4, both dark clouds, etc.
- maybe my least productive year in gaming despite being the year in which I've had the most free time ever

I've already beaten two games for 2021 too lol. beat the bad fate/stay night DW clone as well as enrolling in the free trial of ps now to finally play disgaea 5. also replayed all of MGSV and saints row 4. aside from my computer dying this morning and being unable to play anything that isn't either a phone game or on the PS3/4, things are on the up and up I guess!
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #778 on: 16 January, 2021, 11:02:05 am »

my lungs imploded for non covid related reasons

hey this is terrifying, hope you're doing alright man

i need to actually play mgsv at some point, i only put a few hours into it when it came out
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #779 on: 22 January, 2021, 05:01:39 pm »

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/amp/2021-01-22-vicarious-visions-merged-into-blizzard

god the game industry sucks so much these days
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: