Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 03:52:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!  (Read 13719 times)
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #780 on: 22 January, 2021, 06:50:59 pm »

there goes my hopes for 3+4 remake!
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #781 on: 31 January, 2021, 12:08:16 pm »

beat tales of berseria. feels authentically tales-ish only it's missing the things I hate about the franchise which is why it's the first game in the series I've beaten in 13 years. inoffensive game that made me nostalgic for all the 5-6/10 jrpgs I trucked through when I was 13 that I couldn't play now, including tales of symphonia
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #782 on: 31 January, 2021, 12:41:06 pm »

it's missing the things I hate about the franchise
and what are those?
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #783 on: 05 February, 2021, 11:12:42 am »

the main thing is something I dodged mentioning because it's kind of a spoiler for the game's plot structure, but not having a fake out final dungeon close out its second act was refreshing because that's a tales classic and also a thing that ended my play through of like, 3 different games.

I also didn't hate the hero (only phantasia and vesperia dodged that, and phantasia only because its protagonist is barely a character) or most of the cast (magilou is prolly the stand in for whatever character is usually the worst but I still kinda like her)
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #784 on: 10 February, 2021, 10:50:24 am »

playing saints row 2 again and listening to its metal station and holy crap I forgot opeth ever existed

I need a crash course on what happened to every metal band that was popular in 2005. the only one I really remember is as I lay dying, also on this game's soundtrack, because their singer tried to get a hit man to kill his wife
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #785 on: 10 February, 2021, 01:38:21 pm »

what opeth song did they put in that game

edit: I googled, it's ghost of perdition

I guess of any Opeth songs, that one makes the most sense to put in a SR game
« Last Edit: 10 February, 2021, 03:28:39 pm by Random » Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #786 on: 13 February, 2021, 01:39:13 pm »

does high on fire count as popular in 2005 they're still making music although their drummer quit the band last year which sucks
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #787 on: 13 February, 2021, 08:34:34 pm »

I bought a copy of blessed black wings when I was 13 so yeah they'd count
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #788 on: 14 February, 2021, 01:40:24 pm »

okay cool perfect then yeah they're still kickin although sleep being back and making music as good as their early stuff def brought high on fie down a peg it seems
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #789 on: 17 February, 2021, 06:08:58 pm »

long haul covid means sitting on my ass being bored all day for more days so I restarted bloodborne. I've restarted a few times over the last week mostly to ramp up my ability to actually riposte stuff, and now that I have a better hang of it, I've committed to one play through.

caught up with myself in a day. well, almost, trying to square some last few things away before killing rom, which was more or less the last eventful thing I did in the previous run. found out I've already **** up eileen's quest and missed out on some good runes so that sucks. fought darkbeast paarl for the first time who was pathetically easy and spent most of the fight knocked down. sweeped up some earlier bosses I struggled with a bit on the first run so at least I'm getting better at this.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #790 on: 18 February, 2021, 09:00:00 am »

yeah eileen is annoyingly easy to mess up given that you have to backtrack to an area that you otherwise would never be required to revisit, and you have to do it at a very specific time or else you miss your chance

I guess in a way that's every FromSoft NPC quest, but still
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #791 on: 20 February, 2021, 04:57:43 pm »

Cheesed the Yahar'gul trio and made some actual progress. Got some more notches on my belt:

- The One Reborn: it tickles me that they copy pasted the Tower Knight room and chose a boss that looks like this to fill it. Fought it pretty clumsily but without much exertion. Kind of boring of a fight for how wicked it looks.
- Amygdala: I probably performed worse against this guy than most did because I mostly just tried to outdps it before using enough blood vials that I started looking for blind spots instead. The Stray Demon strat of hugging the tail as well as getting some snacks on the face when it repositions worked well that I salvaged my run. For a manner of creature that has already appeared before and has displayed some wicked looking attacks, this fight is rather simple.
Micolash: Interesting boss idea but not the best execution. Once you corner him, actually fighting him is rather unpleasant, especially the second phase where he spams his hard to dodge energy shower attack that is best dealt with by being at some distance from him, which is his AI trigger to use it again. I like mage bosses but I don't like mage NPC enemies and Micolash is a pretty good example why.
- Celestial Emissary: lol

The Upper Cathedral Ward was an intensely unpleasant place and the Brainsuckers are the most detestable enemies in the game with their almost arbitrary super armor frames. Beyond that, while I usually die 2-3 times in every map, I haven't really hit a substantial road block in terms of level design.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #792 on: 20 March, 2021, 10:47:48 pm »

Had a prolonged anxiety attack at the time I was still playing Bloodborne and stopped playing games for an extended period of time. Fell off the game in the process. Last thing I did was go through the opening of the DLC before getting swatted aside by Ludwig. I doubt this a popular opinion, but everything about actually fighting his first stage **** sucks. His hotbox is dogshit and the camera is positioned in the right manner where your depth perception is awful and the combination of these two things makes hitting him a chore. I hate him more than most souls bosses.

The Ratchet and Clank reboot is free on PSN right now so I played and beat it. Definitely feels half baked: not a fan of the weapon variety or it's writing. The latter bugs me most: game basically has only shards of the personality a R&C game does, and feels more interchangeable with a paint by numbers young adult animated film (hmm, I wonder why). Plays like an authentic R&C game for sure, but below GC, UYA and even Deadlocked and A Crack in Time in quality, definitely an example of the middling quality of game that series was putting out at the time.
« Last Edit: 20 March, 2021, 10:50:24 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #793 on: 12 April, 2021, 08:56:27 pm »

why did i spend some of my precious stimulus money on code vein
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #794 on: 12 April, 2021, 11:54:52 pm »

oh no
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: