Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 04:21:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

*dusts off a space, puts topic*

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 61   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *dusts off a space, puts topic*  (Read 15267 times)
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« on: 23 February, 2016, 08:43:44 am »

In an effort to get me to get back here daily/more often, here's a game topic! Its also a way to keep me somewhat sane while the work and class combo wears away at me.

SFV came out and I've only gotten a chance to play it once but I dig the feel. I'm not sure if I like it more than IV yet from a mechanics perspective, but I dig the V-Trigger and actions a lot. I'm excited to play more of it. Its also served as a way to show me that I'm pretty much divorced from what's considered good or important in a game anymore because the lack of modes for full price thing didn't bother me in the slightest. I get why people are mad and I'm not even saying they're wrong for feeling like its not worth the money, I just don't even remotely care.

I completed the Souls and Pals playthrough recently to prepare for Dark Souls III, including lots of thrilling co-op with Youef and Random where they helped me beat the game with my hilariously shitty build. I look forward to when the game drops in Japan so I can scour every possible piece of boss information since I can't wait much longer. That's been about it console wise. Its been all handheld and a little old PC games. I'm at the very end of Paper Jam, and while its got a bit of unneeded padding I dug it a lot, mostly on the strength of its battle system and boss fights. Conquest is good so far. All of these games are basically just holding me over until the release of an old ass Game Boy game that has me unreasonably excited and for SMT IV Final to not come out.

stay tuned for more observations about beating my friend in sfv and waxing nostalgic about pokemon red
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #1 on: 23 February, 2016, 09:54:14 am »

there's a SFV tournament on my birthday and i haven't even touched it yet, who would you recommend for me to play
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #2 on: 23 February, 2016, 10:26:05 am »

depends on playstyle i guess but karin is my favorite so far

i see you as a f.a.n.g. guy and i am unable to articulate why
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #3 on: 23 February, 2016, 11:11:56 am »

I finally recruited you in XCOM 2. You're going to be my backup Psi Op. I think it suits you.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #4 on: 23 February, 2016, 11:30:15 am »

This pleases me.

I'm a robot guy apparently in my other friend's playthrough so that's cool too.

I want XCOM 2.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #5 on: 23 February, 2016, 11:49:40 am »

Youef is my backup medic. Blaze is one of my top grenadiers and ILS is my top sniper.

It's a fun game, you should play it.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #6 on: 23 February, 2016, 12:30:44 pm »

depends on playstyle i guess but karin is my favorite so far

i see you as a f.a.n.g. guy and i am unable to articulate why

dude's voiced by the narrator from fist of the north star on the japanese side, so that's a plus
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #7 on: 23 February, 2016, 12:46:15 pm »

On the topic of f.a.n.g. After Juri in SFIV...does it strike anybody else that both of these villains are Korean?
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #8 on: 23 February, 2016, 01:07:24 pm »

is he korean? always thought he was supposed to be chinese.

man, i noticed how sketchy juri was when she debuted. lots of people were going "oh man, first korean character in SFV" and I could only think "she's an insane sadomasochist and she's korean. yeah, real cute, capcom."
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #9 on: 23 February, 2016, 01:13:12 pm »

I haven't played with him yet but I do think he's supposed to be Chinese. He's listed as Unknown in terms of birthplace though so who knows.

after being blessed for years with cool koreans in kof juri is laughable at best

Youef is my backup medic. Blaze is one of my top grenadiers and ILS is my top sniper.

It's a fun game, you should play it.

I have every intention to if a console version ever drops/my friend doesn't mind me living in his apartment for a week.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #10 on: 24 February, 2016, 09:11:39 am »

*patiently waits for japanese release so i can spoil every boss for myself*
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #11 on: 25 February, 2016, 01:08:18 pm »

now that's a pokemon duology for me
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #12 on: 26 February, 2016, 06:38:03 pm »

hasn't been confirmed that its NOT pokemon dayman vs nightman so i'm holding out hope

Current roster of mains for SF is Karin, Bison, Cammy and Charlie. I want to see Bison is my best, but I've honestly only played my friend and a few stray online battles with Karin, so it might just be my friend is really bad and predicting which Bison move I'm going to do and he gets flustered.

in other news i'm stumbling through conquest like an idiot who's bad at fire emblem games because that may be what i am, chapter 23 stonewalled me for the entire duration of my day today
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #13 on: 29 February, 2016, 07:21:37 am »

Going directly from the endgame of Conquest to the beginning of Birthright sure did give me whiplash.

MORE IMPORTANTLY Red Version is out on 3DS and I am using a team of Pokemon assigned to me from a friend. I will never not love this game. Only three of the six have been assembled but so far Dodrio is the star and tearing things to shreds. Primeape ain't bad but misses all the goddamn time and Graveller needs to be traded to unlock true radness.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #14 on: 29 February, 2016, 07:29:58 am »

oh hey you've already beaten conquest

*still like, only half-way through the game (lol)*
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 61   Go Up
  Print