Ultimate Paradise
18 April, 2024, 11:37:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

*dusts off a space, puts topic*

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 ... 61   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *dusts off a space, puts topic*  (Read 16708 times)
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #795 on: 20 April, 2020, 02:13:09 pm »

I have beaten both games now.

Doom Eternal was great, although I do think it was maybe an hour or two overlong. By the end I was ready to be done with it, especially after a ludicrously absurd boss that felt almost as if the devs were fucking with me. But still, at its core the game is one of the most satisfying FPS I've ever played. There's a real visceral feeling to the combat and the movement options are awesome. Love it. Shame the composer apparently didn't like the OST mix/might not be returning because he has a lot to do with the game working as well as it does.

TMS was good. There were moments that made me question why i played the game and all of those were story/cutscene wise, but its still a game made by the Strange Journey team and so at its core its fun and the battle system really worked. I don't think its something I'd evere really recommend or want to replay, but playing through it wasn't a chore. If the team ever gets to do something new I'd love to see them return to a more serious style like SJ; they could really knock it out of the park.

I think Nier Automata will be the next major game I play. Been doing more fighters too. Gotta start P3 for the PS2 SMT run but I don't want to jump right in to another Persona-y game after TMS.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 ... 61   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: