Ultimate Paradise
20 February, 2020, 09:32:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Playthrough Topic (FF7)

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 101 [102]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playthrough Topic (FF7)  (Read 14697 times)
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1515 on: 23 January, 2020, 11:15:02 pm »

Outer Wilds was spectacular. Iím so happy I stuck with it to the end.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1516 on: 23 January, 2020, 11:49:25 pm »

I'm glad you did.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1517 on: 24 January, 2020, 12:53:10 am »

Some brief thoughts:

Thereís a lot to be said about this game. Itís one of those rare games that does a spectacular job at interweaving they gameplay with its story. Most games usually play out in some variant of cutscenes, then gameplay, then cutscenes, etc. Which is fine, honestly. I donít have an issue with that at all, but I really love that this game takes full advantage of the medium to tell its story effectively. I have played plenty of immersive games lately, but I havenít felt engaged with a gameís world since Metroid Prime, and I think thatís because the story is the gameplay, or the gameplay is the story. And each playerís experience with the game is undoubtedly unique in how we discover the universe and progress through our understanding.

And despite those differences, it all comes down to one certainty by the end, which itself paves the way for new possibilities in the gameís universe.

I found myself especially invested in the Nomai. The prospect of keeping track of the different characters was initially daunting, but things just sort of started to connect and make sense eventually. Their story was just heartbreaking to uncover. And yet the ending of the game left me feeling hopeful at the same time. The game is simultaneously melancholic and uplifting. It strikes that balance pretty spectacularly.

On the one hand, I feel like Iím done playing it, and I donít really want to go back. But on the other hand, I feel compelled to analyze the bits and pieces of the story it presented. Regardless, it was such a pleasant experience, and Iím happy to have lived to play it. I will never forget it.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 101 [102]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: