Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 08:58:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

*dusts off a space, puts topic*

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 61   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *dusts off a space, puts topic*  (Read 16771 times)
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #270 on: 17 August, 2016, 12:09:39 pm »

gear 4 dead
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #271 on: 17 August, 2016, 12:16:16 pm »

wow at mg survive

like, i can think of a few ideas for an online "MGS game". you don't even need characters or a plot, just take the forward base thing from MGSV and expand it into a clan wars kind of deal, flesh that idea out into a full title. bill it as a spinoff -- such an idea is in continuity with a number of elements and themes in MGSV. that's not gonna change anyone's mind about konami or mend their public image, but you could sell that idea without accumulating even more enmity than before.

i refuse to believe that idea wasn't pitched at some point. it's obvious, it's a simple idea to contextualize, it's an expansion of an idea that has already been implemented, etc. but they still chose something completely incongruous as l4d to slap the metal gear name to lol
« Last Edit: 17 August, 2016, 12:18:19 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #272 on: 17 August, 2016, 01:19:11 pm »

i'm a little mad they didn't even try to incorporate skateboarding like in mgs2 really, if they're gonna do wacky spin off games with stuff make it something cooler than left 4 dead

admittedly i don't really care too much but come on at least make a cool needless spinoff umbrella corps already exists

ACTUALLY I typed Umbrella Chronicles first and if they did a on rails shooter spin off like they did with Castlevania and Konami I'd actually be jacked up and ready.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
HyperOmar
乱斗最後の将 Last General of Ranto
Knight

I'm: ...
Stand: ...
Username: HyperOmar
Mood: Kuudere

儚さこそ、美しけれ

« Reply #273 on: 17 August, 2016, 02:10:40 pm »

on rails shooter spin off like they did with Castlevania
We'll never get that Big Boss confession under Kirameki legendary tree.

So sad.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #274 on: 17 August, 2016, 03:13:00 pm »

For real.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #275 on: 17 August, 2016, 06:39:10 pm »

At this point I wish Konami would just go under so Platinum could obtain the rights and make more MGR games.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #276 on: 17 August, 2016, 06:50:09 pm »

i earnestly wish platinum made a game i liked as much as vanquish
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #277 on: 17 August, 2016, 06:57:17 pm »

shoulda put any other game but whatever words are hard
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
TBizzle
THE GALACTIC PIMP
BIZZLE
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Happy

« Reply #278 on: 17 August, 2016, 07:40:54 pm »

i'm late to the party but yeah dark souls is in everyone's favorites

Yoshi's Island
Metal Gear Solid 2
Journey
Dark Souls
Super Smash Brothers (Melee through the latest one, they're all the same to me)
Report Spam   Logged

Willard, Lord of The Shrubs
Your Lord and Master; One of the 6 keepers of Random Junk
Flame Spirit

Username: Willard
Mood: Sleepy

Oh yes.

« Reply #279 on: 17 August, 2016, 08:00:21 pm »

Found my USB GameCube controller; Melee feels good on PC, but my controller config needs a little more work. It would be neat if I could find a way to run it from my physical copy of the game, though, I think I'd need a specific disc drive.

Been playing I Am Setsuna with my girlfriend on her PS4... Super excited for Dishonored 2, though I haven't played through the DLC for 1, yet. Wish I had the time to get into the MGS series, I feel like I'm missing out.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #280 on: 17 August, 2016, 08:13:49 pm »

i'm late to the party but yeah dark souls is in everyone's favorites

Yoshi's Island
Metal Gear Solid 2
Journey
Dark Souls
Super Smash Brothers (Melee through the latest one, they're all the same to me)

yoshi's island is the bee's knees

Found my USB GameCube controller; Melee feels good on PC, but my controller config needs a little more work. It would be neat if I could find a way to run it from my physical copy of the game, though, I think I'd need a specific disc drive.

Been playing I Am Setsuna with my girlfriend on her PS4... Super excited for Dishonored 2, though I haven't played through the DLC for 1, yet. Wish I had the time to get into the MGS series, I feel like I'm missing out.

Grab the MGS Legacy Collection, its got all of them I think and there's bound to be at least one of them that you'll dig a lot since the main grouping of games is so good.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Willard, Lord of The Shrubs
Your Lord and Master; One of the 6 keepers of Random Junk
Flame Spirit

Username: Willard
Mood: Sleepy

Oh yes.

« Reply #281 on: 17 August, 2016, 08:21:10 pm »

There is a good chance the girlfriend's brother owns that, I'll have to check with him to see if we can borrow it. I've got the new Persona game and Horizon Zero Dawn pre-ordered, I should probably wait until I have those paid off before I get anything else haha.

Also I second that thought about Yoshi's Island.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #282 on: 18 August, 2016, 09:54:16 pm »

KoF XIV comes out next week. I am of course wasting money on getting the super special edition with the CD of music I can't put in my car because of the Mai artwork on the sleeve. A friend of mine got it early and has been informing me about it. I loved (LOVED) XIII but no one played it with me so I'm hoping to put more time into this one. It definitely doesn't look as good as XIII, but no fighting game that ever existed does (maybe Vampire Savior in its day, I'm partial to how expressive and goofy those animations were) but the roster is better and it plays fine if the demo is any indication. And if the rumor/leak of planned DLC fighters is true I'll be even happier. Now just make Samurai Shodown VII and we're really back in business.

UNNECESSARY SIDE NOTE

Recently one of my favorite comic characters was confirmed to be comic back from a six or so year death. At around the same time, another one who's fate was sort of ambiguous was confirmed dead. I can only have things in balance it seems between "its back and cool" and "its not happening" and with Treasure seemingly twiddling their thumbs and no real Castlevania coming out ever (I love you though Bloodstained) it looks like this holds true for games as well. SNK lives while Treasure sleeps.

anyway gettin' ready for that geese/king of dinosaurs/leona team
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
HyperOmar
乱斗最後の将 Last General of Ranto
Knight

I'm: ...
Stand: ...
Username: HyperOmar
Mood: Kuudere

儚さこそ、美しけれ

« Reply #283 on: 19 August, 2016, 09:12:31 am »

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreservation fanservice~

But yeah, I know that feel. I guess it's better to be happy with what we have rather than sad with what we don't.
We can just hope for good things to stay good.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #284 on: 19 August, 2016, 10:18:18 am »

play me in kof xiv omar
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 61   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: