Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 10:22:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

*dusts off a space, puts topic*

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 61   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *dusts off a space, puts topic*  (Read 15135 times)
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #435 on: 24 November, 2017, 12:07:01 pm »

Time off so I'm indulging myself in a playthrough of Paper Mario. Will probably to TTYD after. I've been trying to use different partners and badges than I normally do. My jump timing is also real bad. Still love this game, its in my top five and its filled with so much charm and fun and little things (your party members get fanmail!) On Chapter 4 now.

Also my local game store had its Black Friday sale today so I went and picked up some games. My friends have been yelling at me for not playing Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, so I grabbed that and Command and Conquer N64 because I have a nostalgic love for weird N64 RTS ports. But the crown jewel is Typing of the Dead with the keyboard. I never realized how hollow and meaningless my life was until I played Typing of the Dead.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #436 on: 24 November, 2017, 11:23:17 pm »

The only two Paper Mario games they ever made sure were excellent.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #437 on: 25 November, 2017, 01:43:41 pm »

sticker star and color splash are underappreciated honestly
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #438 on: 25 November, 2017, 08:09:53 pm »

*NPC Toad appears*
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #439 on: 26 November, 2017, 09:49:20 am »

sticker star and color splash are underappreciated honestly
sticker star had a few nice ideas, but the whole “consumable attacks” deal was kind of incredibly annoying to deal with.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #440 on: 26 November, 2017, 03:23:02 pm »

I didn't mind that, and in fact I liked it a lot. Balancing resource allocation and management with combat made it a really weird little game and Color Splash improved on it a lot. I still much prefer 64 and TTYD but I think both games are worth playing and the over dramatic dismissal of them by Nintendo fans is pretty funny/dumb to me.

anyway HEY related news just beat Paper Mairo again and its still my favorite RPG. I noticed while starting that all my files are under 20 hours (mostly hovering around 17 hours or so.) I wish every RPG was as filled with great ideas and in such a comparatively lean package rather than like 80+ hour monstrosities (this includes a lot of games I really love too.) Probably wont start up The Thousand Year Door today but will def get on that. Should carry me until Christmas when I may get other games.

Also played some Typing of the Dead and its genius. Honestly might be the most fun I've had with a non fighting Dreamcast game. Its bonkers.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #441 on: 27 November, 2017, 08:40:32 am »

Also played some Typing of the Dead and its genius. Honestly might be the most fun I've had with a non fighting Dreamcast game. Its bonkers.
All I need for Christmas is the announcement of a new Power Stone.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #442 on: 27 November, 2017, 09:27:09 am »

i imagine your christmas wish will go unfulfilled
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #443 on: 27 November, 2017, 11:21:31 am »

i imagine your christmas wish will go unfulfilled
they don’t call them miracles because they happen every day, you know.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #444 on: 27 November, 2017, 11:43:16 am »

darkstalkers first please

https://twitter.com/DarkSoulsGame/status/935176622088400896

I'm a little surprised the servers lasted this long to begin with. I'm not a huge Demon's guy, but it gave me Dark Souls and set the groundwork for some games and memories that I'm extremely grateful for. I might have to put aside The Thousand Year Door and give it one final run.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #445 on: 27 November, 2017, 06:37:55 pm »

One thing I kinda wish Capcom would do is port a few of their PSP games to Switch, the ones in particularly I want are Power Stone Collection, Mega Man Powered Up and Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #446 on: 27 November, 2017, 09:36:55 pm »

konami too so i can get gradius and parodius collections they inexplicably made a bomberman and are still supporting it so clearly they love the switch
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #447 on: 28 November, 2017, 12:20:40 am »

darkstalkers first please

https://twitter.com/DarkSoulsGame/status/935176622088400896

I'm a little surprised the servers lasted this long to begin with. I'm not a huge Demon's guy, but it gave me Dark Souls and set the groundwork for some games and memories that I'm extremely grateful for. I might have to put aside The Thousand Year Door and give it one final run.

mostly because they've done it twice already or something and a ton of people said "**** you" and they held off on taking them down

if demon's souls was on steam, i swear i'd play it 24/7 for the rest of my life
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #448 on: 28 November, 2017, 11:19:52 am »

Huh. I should probably try to fit in a run in my non-copious spare time.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #449 on: 29 November, 2017, 08:08:28 am »

There's some really jank stuff in it and its not as good as Dark Souls or Bloodborne but its worth a run through before the serves die. I imagine by February to where will be a final rush so the interesting online components will be semi-active until the end.

slowly making my way through, just doing a nice sword and board knight style for the fluted armor, hoping to maybe get to flamelurker tonight
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 61   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: