Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 01:55:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

*dusts off a space, puts topic*

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 ... 61   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *dusts off a space, puts topic*  (Read 15327 times)
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #645 on: 22 March, 2019, 11:58:55 am »

*frantically hitting refresh on msot recent uploads for "sekiro boss" on youtube*
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #646 on: 22 March, 2019, 08:56:26 pm »

it is with a heavy heart that i must announce that the FromSoft dogs are at it again
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #647 on: 22 March, 2019, 11:12:43 pm »

I am having an absolute blast with this game so far. Its still needlessly difficult to the point that its almost comical but when you know what you're doing you feel like a champion. The movement options are so much fun and it controls like a dream.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #648 on: 25 March, 2019, 08:25:49 am »

The new Samurai Shodown looks fantastic my dudes. Can not wait to get my hands on it. Roster is confirmed 16 characters with three new, so the returning characters are

Haohmaru
Nakoruru
Jubei
Earthquake
Galford
Genjuro
Ukyo
Charlotte
Kyoshiro
Yoshitora
Shiki
Tam Tam
Hanzo

Everyone from the first game but three, only one II newcomer and no one from III or IV. Did not expect Shiki, Tam Tam or Yoshitora at all. Hoping one of the new characters is monster-y since other than Tam Tam, there's no monster rep like Gen-an or Kusaregedo or even Basara. Hoping there's a cool boss too. 1-4 have some of the bets fighting game bosses.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #649 on: 25 March, 2019, 06:55:12 pm »

Progressed a bit further in Sekiro. Some spoiler-y thoughts for the area I am now in:

-Long-Arm Centipede Giraffe gave me Capra Demon vibes. The small arena was a pain and there's no stealth option, its just mash L1 to deflect, attack, rinse repeat. Hated it.
-Finally got to the bottom of the Sunken Valley and there's the poison area, I knew you couldn't resist FromSoft.
-There is always a player, there's always a bridge, there's always a giant reptile.
-Guardian Ape is the most Souls-y boss yet, a big angry monster. It is also (not coincidentally?) giving me the most trouble of the main bosses so far. Firecrackers work obviously but they only do so much.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Masterman
Mood: Yandere

Yes.

« Reply #650 on: 26 March, 2019, 04:19:22 pm »

SamSho looks awesome.
I really like the whole “whiff punish an attack and shave off 30% of the opponent’s life with one button” style.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #651 on: 28 March, 2019, 08:15:03 am »

Yup. I'm glad they kept that style. I know fighting game popularity is decided by "hype" and how many combos you can stirng together but I love a game that's focused almost entirely on one hit taking out a significant chunk of life. Its so different.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #652 on: 28 March, 2019, 11:49:51 am »

Footsies style gameplay is far more entertaining for me, there's less downtime where you're just waiting for your opponent to be done with their combo and I'd rather games be decided more on honest reads than simple execution.

MK11 also seems to be going down this route.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #653 on: 29 March, 2019, 08:20:21 pm »

been stuck on the guardian ape fight for what feels like forever now
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #654 on: 30 March, 2019, 10:32:29 am »

Finally beat it. I'm sure there's a more efficient and easier way than what I ended up doing. Probably my favorite boss so far despite my frustrations.

Now trying to figure out where to go next/what to do. Have vague instructions but I feel like I've explored everything available to me. Did some grinding in the interim and I think that's one area this game excels at. Grinding isn't as tedious. I remember grinding for vials and bullets in Bloodborne and wanting to die; here its always fun to move around and stealth kill and stuff so shooting for skill points isn't mind numbing.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #655 on: 30 March, 2019, 11:12:02 pm »

big spoilers ahead

Made lots of headway today before hitting a roadblock. I ended up going back to some areas and found the Ashina Depths, including another snake and the dried fruit thing. I did a little research and then killed big snake for the fresh fruit. I think this is ending related.

Imagine my horror after spending hours on the Guardian Ape only to find I have to fight the Headless Ape again and he summons another ape halfway through the fight. I have to assume these versions have less health because I beat them in a more reasonable timeline, but they still fucked me up a lot. I'm still dodging a lot rather than deflecting, which is honestly hysterical considering I used to be a completely shield based player in Dark 1 and 2. Bloodborne and 3 **** me up and now I have to try and undo that.

Beat some more minibosses and also the illusion Corrupted Monk, which was the easiest boss so far. What wasn't easy was Headless which sucked. I beat one finally but god its a bad fight. Slow and annoying. Not sure how many I'll go after. And yet that paled in comparison to Vilehand. I was getting absolutely shredded before I used Puppet Ninjitsu to make his croney fight against him. I still only barely beat him.

I am now on Great Shinobi Owl and he has destroyed me with ease in the first few fights. I think that's a good place to stop.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #656 on: 02 April, 2019, 01:37:57 pm »

I fear my progress will be slowed big time friends. Wrestlemania weekend is upon us and its in NY/NJ this year, which means I am of course going. I have five shows to go to from Thursday-Sunday so I will obviously not be playing during that time. I fear the atrophy of my already meager skills will make getting back in tough, especially against the boss I'm currently stuck at.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #657 on: 02 April, 2019, 11:38:15 pm »

Have fun, I don't have much hype for Mania this year but Takeover will probably be stellar despite Ciampa having to vacate the title.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #658 on: 03 April, 2019, 07:17:41 am »

Yeah Takeover looks spectacular. I'm so mad they moved it to Friday instead of Saturday, I have tickets for Joey Janela's Spring Break that night so I can't make it, but I've been to a Takeover before so I don't mind missing it to see Masashi Takeda live again.

I haven't been able to devote a ton of time with being busy and all but I think the card looks good with only one or two matches that I'm outright disinterested in. The one thing I'm extremely excited for is Kofi vs Bryan; I think its some of the most compelling stuff they've done with a main title in a long time and if Kofi wins I might ascend into the stratosphere. Its cool the women are main eventing, but the person i want to win has no chance so that's tempered my excitement a bit there.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Masterman
Mood: Yandere

Yes.

« Reply #659 on: 04 April, 2019, 09:10:19 am »

KOFI has a shot at a title? What the hell? Did the New Day disband or something?
Damn I’ve been missing out lately.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 ... 61   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: