Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 02:46:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

*dusts off a space, puts topic*

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *dusts off a space, puts topic*  (Read 15237 times)
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #870 on: 29 November, 2020, 02:27:20 am »

*nicholson*
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #871 on: 29 November, 2020, 06:24:08 pm »

Updates!

I have all the weapons unlocked now and have made I want to say 21 runs. I got to Theseus and Asterius once but no luck with them yet. Game is good and cool and has lots of delightful aspects of Diablo and Symphony of the Night mixed with a Greek mythology flavor.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #872 on: 29 November, 2020, 11:37:48 pm »

Good progress.

Do you have a favorite weapon so far?
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #873 on: 30 November, 2020, 10:50:14 am »

Spear for sure. I also like the bow and shield. I still need to figure out the rail since it seems awesome in theory but it hasn't meshed with my playstyle yet.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #874 on: 30 November, 2020, 05:45:00 pm »

There’s a Daedalus hammer upgrade for it that changes the special to let it shoot three rapid fire attacks. It let me go through rooms and kill enemies quickly at a very safe distance.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #875 on: 30 November, 2020, 08:39:12 pm »

funnily enough the rail just carried me past theseus for the first time

I didn't get that upgrade but I got the one where the special turns into a rocket and that really helped.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #876 on: 02 December, 2020, 10:16:37 pm »

Actually I used the rocket upgrade with the one I mentioned earlier. It just demolishes enemies, and I would leave a room unscathed. So satisfying.

Theseus was really tough. He gave me a pretty hard time, and even when I beat him I would often lose so much health that I wasn’t sure if I could even survive the next area.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #877 on: 03 December, 2020, 01:56:41 pm »

Beat Theseus again today, this time with the sword (had the Dionysus special which would poison him with the aspect that opens them up for more critical hit chances after they get hit by the special combined with the Daedelus upgrade that makes the sword do one big overhead swing, it was fun.) Still getting **** up in Styx, but made some actual progress this time. Close to enough points to get the third revive too. Baby steps.

I've been playing Bloodstained again with the new character mode (Bloodless, the Elizabeth Bathory lookin lady) and she's actually super fun. Unlike most of the extra modes in an Igarashi game you get upgrades at certain points of the map rather than having everything all at once so it feels like an actual Metroidvania. It might be the best extra character in any of his games outside of the Dawn of Sorrow Julius mode. Its getting me into a Metroidvania fever again.

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1334574398716698624

lmao
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #878 on: 08 December, 2020, 04:56:57 pm »

On my 32nd run, I defeated Hades. I had the bow with the aspect of Chiron, the Athena Dash, the Demeter Cast with lots of buffs, Zeus attack and special, and the Athena/Demeter double boon. That's what wound up saving the day.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #879 on: 08 December, 2020, 11:32:14 pm »

Yoooo congrats. Chiron bow is never a bad pick.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #880 on: 10 December, 2020, 09:43:08 pm »

it was exhilarating

Got to him again on an Extreme Measures run, I'm feeling better about his moveset now.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #881 on: 17 December, 2020, 07:43:15 am »

Got my second win yesterday, this time with the fists. Was very close, down to the wire. I'm starting to see the value of casts now too finally.

meg took all her stuff from my room too, rude
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #882 on: 17 December, 2020, 09:22:59 am »

Casts are super good when you embrace them. Next, calls.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #883 on: 24 December, 2020, 12:38:21 pm »

Completed Hades with all the weapons; my last one was the rail which I just completed. I'm on a streak of four successful runs in a row. I also got my first companion from Thanatos. This game rules.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #884 on: 24 December, 2020, 09:37:37 pm »

And now I have gotten the true ending. Best video game since Dark Souls.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: