Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 02:26:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

*dusts off a space, puts topic*

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 61   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *dusts off a space, puts topic*  (Read 15235 times)
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #105 on: 14 April, 2016, 12:07:14 am »

funny enough, with the exception of like, the first boss, that's the only boss i beat on my first try

i'm really bad at any fight that requires me to manage multiple people so this one even with the "they'll attack each other" stip is doing me no favors
I think Bloodborne prepared me well for that fight. It was reminiscent of Lady Maria.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #106 on: 14 April, 2016, 11:02:58 am »

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/shin-megami-tensei-iv-final-coming-to-north-america-this-summer

i've missed you and waited for you to come home baby
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #107 on: 16 April, 2016, 11:57:08 am »

Finally beat Pontiff Sulyvahn today after weeping and failing miserably multiple times. I will probably never fight that boss solo again.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #108 on: 16 April, 2016, 12:50:25 pm »

I actually went "noooooooo" outloud when I saw the Giant Blacksmith's corpse.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #109 on: 17 April, 2016, 10:26:11 am »

I am miserably bad at this game.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #110 on: 17 April, 2016, 10:32:51 am »

What's kicking your ass this time?
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #111 on: 17 April, 2016, 10:33:55 am »

Just got through Dancer of the Boreal Valley after probably an hour or so of trying, now its just general environments.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #112 on: 17 April, 2016, 11:10:09 am »

now i'm reminded of the time I derped up and spent 10 minutes dying to the same greatsword knight in Lothric Castle. Those guys are jerks. Think I had a harder time killing any one of them than I did with most bosses lol
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #113 on: 19 April, 2016, 10:20:33 am »

Haven't had a chance to play past this weekend, but I'm currently on The Nameless King, who is either really tough or I'm just in awe every time I fight him so I screw up. Haven't thrown myself at him much yet but he's already the Ludwig of the game and I mean that in the best possible way. My buddy recent;y picked it up and will likely want to coop, so that may slow my "beat the game right away" quest but I'm cool with that. Only one Lord remains as of right now.

In portable news I got Bravely Second. At first I wasn't feeling it, mostly because I couldn't remember if Default started quickly or not but this one seemed to be a much slower crawl. Now that I have some jobs available I'm getting more drawn into it so ideally the story stuff will fall off so I can go back to crushing things with some idiotic job combo.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #114 on: 22 April, 2016, 05:32:38 am »

made slight progress in optional superboss territory; can now beat the first form without getting hit on a good try

second form kills me in roughly two/three swings
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #115 on: 23 April, 2016, 04:45:46 pm »

After experiencing Bloodborne levels of existential "I can't do this what am I doing with my life" dread I was able to finally slay The Nameless King. I fought the first form so many times I was routinely perfecting it before getting the swordspear shoved up my ass in the second round. Before doing that I also ran through Lothric Castle rather than fight anything and beat Dragonslayer Armor, which I quite enjoyed. I've done a few rounds with the Princes but no such luck yet, but I'm hoping to beat the game this weekend maybe although probably not.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #116 on: 23 April, 2016, 04:54:30 pm »

i added up all of my boss deaths and the number of times i died to the Nameless King exceeded the number of times i died to every boss prior combined
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #117 on: 23 April, 2016, 06:38:46 pm »

i added up all of my boss deaths and the number of times i died to the Nameless King exceeded the number of times i died to every boss prior combined

yeah that seems like a reasonable assumption for me as well, i feel like it took about a fifth of my total game's run time so far to beat it
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #118 on: 24 April, 2016, 06:10:29 pm »

I have beaten Dark Souls III. I felt the love I felt for the first game flowing through my veins once again in the final stretch. I think that, overall, I found the game a bit too difficult for my liking, but this might be simply because I don't have as much time to play console games anymore so to spend a lot of the 36 hour run time feeling frustrated made it feel worse than it was. This problem aside, it was a delightful game, and I earnestly hope that DLC aside they're done with the Souls formula; the ending felt so final and fitting that even another Bloodborne or Nanosouls or something would be a bit "hrm" to me even though I'd doubtlessly buy it.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #119 on: 24 April, 2016, 06:21:18 pm »

Given how much this game sold, there will undoubtedly be another Souls game. I just hope they take a break from it and do something else. I'd like to see something new from From.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 61   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: