Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 02:17:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

*dusts off a space, puts topic*

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 61   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *dusts off a space, puts topic*  (Read 15234 times)
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #120 on: 24 April, 2016, 10:00:21 pm »

It's about time for another Armored Core game, I guess.

I dunno, it seems like From just cannot get its shit together to the same degree for anything that isn't Dark Souls. For however hard it is, it does have a linear progression model insofar as it's all about "play well to win" rather than how Armored Core has a quadratic model where it combines a similar level of difficulty with "wrestle through all of these parts and hope you make something good out of them such that you can play well in the first place". Even Miyazaki can't salvage that -- he directed Armored Core 4 and 4 Answer, the shittiest games in the series lol. And I kind of think they understand that. They'll stick to the model or revamp existing, similar products to function in the same manner as Dark Souls. I just hope they spend some time on whatever they make next.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #121 on: 24 April, 2016, 10:18:37 pm »

I think it's about time for another Lost Kingdoms game.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #122 on: 24 April, 2016, 11:00:01 pm »

oh, by the way, floyd, you were late by one day -- DSP managed to finish dark souls 3 before you did lol
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #123 on: 24 April, 2016, 11:43:46 pm »

I love that you kept up with his playthrough.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #124 on: 24 April, 2016, 11:49:13 pm »

i kept looking near the end because he struggled so much on a throwaway boss. wanted to see how bad he'd do on the actually hard endgame bosses

except somehow he managed to die more times to champion gundyr than the princes and soul of cinder combined, twice over in fact
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #125 on: 25 April, 2016, 06:50:27 am »

I think it's about time for another Lost Kingdoms game.

as long as its like the first one and not the second one i am all for this

So now that Souls is out of the way, its time for the next most important thing which is KOF XIV IN AUGUST GOGOGOGOGOGO

DLC was seemingly leaked and it looks to be a doozy if true. Come to me sweet KoF.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #126 on: 25 April, 2016, 08:30:01 am »

Now that you've beaten the game you can go make snide remarks and taunts in my topic, just like old times. o:
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #127 on: 25 April, 2016, 08:59:55 am »

in due time
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #128 on: 02 May, 2016, 08:45:03 am »

The news of the Wii U's imminent demise and the new Zelda getting the TP treatment spurned me to play Wind Waker HD. I've had had it since I got the console but haven't played it yet, and so far all I've done is use the message in a bottle thing to send terrible doodles of minor comic characters to unsuspecting victims. I have TP HD as well so I'll play that afterward to be ready for whatever the Wii U version of the game (always go with the original version, Gamecube TP is the true version Wii version can beat it) ends up being.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #129 on: 02 May, 2016, 09:59:59 am »

and so far all I've done is use the message in a bottle thing to send terrible doodles of minor comic characters to unsuspecting victims.

i love this idea
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #130 on: 02 May, 2016, 11:20:01 am »

some poor soul is going to get a miserably drawn image of my current profile and will be all the better for it
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #131 on: 02 May, 2016, 12:05:19 pm »

you must upload a picture of it
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #132 on: 02 May, 2016, 05:19:22 pm »

The news of the Wii U's imminent demise and the new Zelda getting the TP treatment spurned me to play Wind Waker HD. I've had had it since I got the console but haven't played it yet, and so far all I've done is use the message in a bottle thing to send terrible doodles of minor comic characters to unsuspecting victims. I have TP HD as well so I'll play that afterward to be ready for whatever the Wii U version of the game (always go with the original version, Gamecube TP is the true version Wii version can beat it) ends up being.
i think you mean "spurred"

spurned is how everyone else who was looking forward to that game feels
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #133 on: 02 May, 2016, 09:07:10 pm »

woops derp

although i was looking forward to the game and don't feel the hate so yeah i know people are weird
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #134 on: 06 May, 2016, 07:45:18 am »

Moved through the second dungeon of Wind Waker. One thing I never noticed is the music in the Forest Haven has little callbacks to OoT songs and it made me smile. Its taken a little time for me to get used to the Wii U controls. I've played Wind Waker too much in the past so I keep fucking up the different controls and the camera and such.

I can't over do how much i dig the Tingle Bottles though. My favorite part of the Wind Waker was always the overworld and finding the islands and filling out the chart, so having these little messages floating out there just adds to that. And you get these often babbling incoherent messages so I picture this crazed dying sailor tossing messages out. Its almost like the messages in Souls but with more freedom to post whatever. If the new one is big open world like they have said I'd like this idea return somehow if they could make it work with the context of the game. The E3 website for it has the Eye of Truth looking symbol there so just do that. I don't even care if they just ape the Souls style for it. I want to keep sending Doop pictures to the unsuspecting Nintendo universe.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 61   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: