Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 01:59:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

*dusts off a space, puts topic*

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 61   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *dusts off a space, puts topic*  (Read 16725 times)
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #210 on: 09 July, 2016, 01:57:54 pm »

I have not, can't say I've actually heard of it.

*looks it up*

Oh well that looks delightful, shit.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #211 on: 09 July, 2016, 02:20:24 pm »

It's pretty much Castlevania and Gargoyle's Quest, it was pretty fun and has some nice music though I can't find much of it on youtube.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #212 on: 09 July, 2016, 02:32:21 pm »

I'll keep an eye on it for sure. Maybe next pay day I'll grab it.

The Castlevania/GnG/Demon's Crest skins are a delight.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #213 on: 11 July, 2016, 10:52:35 am »

1. Burning through my annual/biannual Link's Awakening runthrough. Still the best game to exist other than maybe MM and definitely SotN. Last time I played I got 100 of the hearts but deprived myself of the tunic and sword upgrades. This time I'm just kind of blazing through it. Still no deaths, going for the special ending as usual. About to get to Eagle's Tower which for me is the highlight of the game.

2. Played Overwatch for the first time in awhile with my buddies last night. We did fine (not ranked) until the last two games where we fought against some prestiged or whatever plays and I've never seen a more awful massacre. I honestly don't think a second went by where justice wasn't raining from above. It sacred me off from even trying ranked.

3. I picked up Suikoden I-III on a PSN sale last week. I've been meaning to give them a shot for awhile now as they form probably the largest gap in my Konami play experience. No idea when I'll actually getting around to playing them since I need to dig up the PS3 to play them (why is there no PS1 Classics on PS4?) but maybe this week/weekend.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #214 on: 11 July, 2016, 11:30:02 am »

I'm not convinced ranked is terribly fun, even if you can pair up with a few people. I tried it with a team of 4 on Saturday night, and through 3 attempts at playing, one of the randos on our team left each time. There's some serious problems that they need to sort out with that.

Even then, I'm wondering if the spirit of the game that made me enjoy it in the first place is better contained within quick play.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #215 on: 11 July, 2016, 12:49:39 pm »

I'm with you on that last part.

Ranked play in most things usually is too much for me anyway. I think BlazBlue was the only game I ever seriously put effort into doing well in the ranked mode. Its more fun for me to constantly lose with less pressure but more "oh man I stopped that DIE DIE DIE Reaper with a flashbang to the face cool" moments.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #216 on: 11 July, 2016, 06:53:56 pm »

(why is there no PS1 Classics on PS4?)
I've heard it has to do with licensing, but it's still honestly beyond frustrating.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #217 on: 11 July, 2016, 06:54:56 pm »

**** get on it sony ps1 classic is like 60-70% of the reason i own any of your dumb consoles
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #218 on: 12 July, 2016, 05:17:08 pm »

*bad day of catchin' pokemon*
*arcanine at train stop*

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #219 on: 12 July, 2016, 05:48:22 pm »

I stalked a Psyduck and a Nidoranne around my apartment complex for 10 minutes when I got home before a) deciding I looked too weird to all of the people driving through and b) concluding they were holed up in the construction site next door. Bitter about that.

Fortunately I had an egg hatch on the way home that turned into a Bulbasaur, so screw people who say you don't get anything worthwhile from 2km eggs.
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #220 on: 12 July, 2016, 06:34:50 pm »

My best eggs have all been 2km eggs so those people are fools.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #221 on: 13 July, 2016, 02:48:18 pm »

As is usually the case when I play a Zelda, I immediately feel the need to play more/all of them. Rather than play one I really like though I decided on Link to the Past. I'm just past the Palace of Darkness so the game has finally gotten good. Its funny to see how the series is criticized (often rightly) for the long openings, but LttP has its own opening slog since the first three dungeons are a big bore and nothing has any real interest until you get sent to the Dark World. I also still feel your sword range is too short. I basically consistently go "I wish there was a game with this OST and world but better" and then I remember Link's Awakening and A Link Between Worlds exist.

i don't hate the game and its obviously the most influential game on the series itself but its definitely a lower tier entry for me and the overwhelming and frankly hyperbolic praise it gets always feels weird to me, several of my friends really dislike ocarina and zelda in general and i feel like this is what its like for them to hear me talk about those games
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #222 on: 13 July, 2016, 02:51:20 pm »

also three of the goddamn bosses are eyes and two are worms and that's very frustrating because when the bosses in the game are good they're great and awesome and cool but nope got fight fuckin' KHOLDSTARE the ice eye in case you got tired of the eye fight
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #223 on: 13 July, 2016, 03:05:04 pm »

I never beat that game. Link's Awakening and the Oracle games are better in my book.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #224 on: 13 July, 2016, 03:09:13 pm »

Your book is correct.

Well, I might like it more than Ages, as that game had some sections that drove me berserk in a bad way, but Seasons is the bees knees and if you do the combined package thing it definitely tops LttP for me. ALBW might top them all but LA though. Its close at the very least.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 61   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: