Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 09:25:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

*dusts off a space, puts topic*

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 61   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *dusts off a space, puts topic*  (Read 15116 times)
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #510 on: 02 March, 2018, 12:55:42 pm »

I picked up Into the Breach yesterday. I haven't played it yet because of Monster Hunter World, but I liked FTL despite never being able to finish it. I'm hearing this is even better so I'll be excited to play it.

On the MHW front, I finally hit a wall last week but I got past it pretty easily yesterday. I also did some multiplayer with the guy who got me to buy the game. Its still fun, although I don't think I'll put much time into it after I've beaten the main story (whenever the hell that is.) The last dragon thing I fought had a had to reminded me of a Gamera monster so it was neat.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #511 on: 04 March, 2018, 10:52:25 am »

update i have played into the breach, its fascinating and i am extremely, extremely bad at it
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #512 on: 02 April, 2018, 01:45:28 pm »

playin' mgs on the ps1 since its turning 20 this year, still my favorite mgs, entertaining the notion of playing more in the series as a way to psyche myself into playing and then actually beating mgs v instead of quiting a few hours in because there were no boss fights yet
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #513 on: 05 April, 2018, 09:26:56 am »

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/981783353782427648

good, very good i will buy this

On the final stretch of MGS1 (the temperature based keycard run.) Game is still my jam. The Vulcan Raven fight really stood out this time; its super intense and ramps up nicely by the end. I bought the GBC game as I've wanted to beat that for awhile now (only ever emulated it) and thinking about grabbing Legacy collection. One day I will beat 4, Peace Walker and Phantom Pain.

Some buddies of mine and I are also challenging each other to a sort of game book club thing where we download a game on Virtual Console and beat it then talk about it, preferably games that at least two people have not played. First game up is Drill Dozer which none of us have played. No idea if I will like it or not.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #514 on: 05 April, 2018, 12:35:31 pm »

That's a cool idea.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #515 on: 05 April, 2018, 01:15:15 pm »

The fact that the Spyro Remasters are coming out almost exactly 20 years after the original game came out makes me kinda giddy.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #516 on: 05 April, 2018, 04:21:11 pm »

I didn't realize that Tom Kenny did the voice for him
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #517 on: 05 April, 2018, 07:44:10 pm »

he was also voiced by rocko in the first game and that's my true childhood spyro VA
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #518 on: 05 April, 2018, 08:40:43 pm »

That's a cool idea.

im hoping it lasts beyond the first game or so but im excited either way

also beat mgs, it rules

the ending is very funny considering all the "LIVE SNAKE AMD BE FREE" stuff and the meryl stuff basically disappeared for a decade while kojima let loose

oh and the "as of 1998 there's still a dickload of nukes" message was fun too
« Last Edit: 05 April, 2018, 08:43:13 pm by ganonfloyd » Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #519 on: 05 April, 2018, 11:32:55 pm »

he was also voiced by rocko in the first game and that's my true childhood spyro VA
The fact that Spyro was voiced by both Rocko AND Heffer during the PS1 series is some kind of hilarious coincidence that links my favorite PS1 games with my favorite 90s cartoon.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #520 on: 07 April, 2018, 01:10:56 pm »

heck yeah

First day of the game club commenced which also means I have to be on discord now so whoops expect to see me lurkin' there. Drill Dozer is fun so far, its found ways to make one basic gameplay concept (you have a drill) and mix it up with platforming and exploring. If it stays the level of quality I think I'll be a pretty big fan of it.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #521 on: 15 April, 2018, 02:40:01 pm »

went to california since my family was out there for a conference/vacation thing, i could only get a few days off but still got to go to the san diego zoo, get extremely sunburn and buy a bunch of weirdo dvds at amoeba records in LA which is one of the coolest places in the world, it was a good time but now i must go to work again

Been playing the GBC Metal Gear. Like all Metal Gears I am bad at it. Its really strong though, I'm impressed with how much of the style of the PS1 game they were able to capture/recreate here. Also, the hotel I stayed at had a little arcade. There were two big Sega cut outs on the walls but no Sega games. It did, however, have Dolphin Blue, which is a weird mid 2000s Metal Slug rip off that I put some time into. It was neat as hell.

In other news, one of my best buds asked about an online D&D session as he needed some people for back up. Another person that I am associates with online (don't talk to him enough to say he's a friend but our tastes in dumb wrestling and games align) asked about doing an online session as well, so the D&D World may return to my life and aaaaaaahhhhhhhh I'm excited. It also requires me to use discord so at this point I guess I'm using discord I'm dynamitegunstar#3386 so go ahead and ADD ME and I will continue to lurk the lounge and be too shy to post even though I know everyone there oops.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #522 on: 15 April, 2018, 06:40:37 pm »

I said hello to you and you ignored me. >:
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #523 on: 15 April, 2018, 07:23:02 pm »

oh dang dude i'm sorry

i still only barely understand the whole site because i'm a dumb luddite but i will RECTIFY THIS
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #524 on: 17 April, 2018, 09:51:05 am »

new castlevania is a multiplayer iphone game that may not come out of japan so my likelihood of playing it is pretty much nothing but there's kojima art again and it looks nice so it's not the worst thing to ever happen i guess

*waits for bloodstained*
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 61   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: