Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 01:32:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

*dusts off a space, puts topic*

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 ... 61   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *dusts off a space, puts topic*  (Read 15323 times)
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #570 on: 12 August, 2018, 06:09:48 pm »

Simon's Quest isn't garbage per se, the shitty translation just really fucked it horribly. It does have shitty things that a better translation wouldn't have helped though like invisible blocks and obviously the near-nonexistent bosses.

You had to actually beat Carmilla to get something iirc, still surprised she made an appearance in the Smash Castlevania stage.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #571 on: 13 August, 2018, 08:18:06 am »

That game had bosses?

contractually obligated bosses who really didn't wanna be there

Simon's Quest isn't garbage per se, the shitty translation just really fucked it horribly. It does have shitty things that a better translation wouldn't have helped though like invisible blocks and obviously the near-nonexistent bosses.

I expected more invisible blocks but they weren't too prevalent. The worst part by far is when you try to get the diamond and have to jump across floating blocks above water. It requires the craziest level of precision I've ever seen in a platformer. I legit died like thirty times for a fucking subweapon I never used.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #572 on: 21 August, 2018, 12:25:54 pm »

https://www.slashfilm.com/universal-monsters-blu-ray-box-set/
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #573 on: 22 August, 2018, 05:14:33 am »

That's awesome. I got the one they put out a few years ago and watch at least one movie every year. That packaging looks delightful.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #574 on: 29 August, 2018, 06:54:44 am »

Been playing the old Soul games (fighting this time not action rpg oops) in anticipation of VI. Its really wild how much of a jump in quality Soul Calibur is from Soul Edge/Blade. Not that Edge is bad, but its middle tier early 3D fighting game and thoroughly outclassed by the Tekkens of the same time. Calibur is life changing. Once I clear arcade with everyone I think I'll have 100% the game and I'll move on to the higher plane of II.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #575 on: 29 August, 2018, 08:19:05 am »

i've been wanting to play soul calibur 3 for a while actually, but my monitor broke and I dunno if my laptop can emulate it well so i haven't

pretty jealous re: soul calibur VI, i don't have a system that can play it and prolly won't until the end of the year
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #576 on: 29 August, 2018, 07:20:25 pm »

I don't have 3 anymore but I've wanted to play it again too. I don't really remember all that much about it and I didn't have a PS2 when it first came out to give it a fair shake.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #577 on: 06 October, 2018, 10:46:00 am »

well everyone i have officially crossed a threshold you can't come back from, i have purchased a sega saturn
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #578 on: 06 October, 2018, 03:30:07 pm »

Is it at least modded so you can play cheaper cost Japanese releases rather than the overpriced as all hell American ones?
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #579 on: 06 October, 2018, 07:25:46 pm »

Not yet but I've got the action replay cart on the way for just that reason.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #580 on: 08 October, 2018, 11:47:17 am »

Recs:

Sega Rally Championship
Virtua Fighter 2
Virtua Cop
Fighters MegaMix
All Capcom fighters
Astal
Guardian Heroes(I suspect you're already getting this within the next few weeks lol)
Radiant Silvergun(Likewise)
Hyper Duel
Darius Gaiden
Thunder Force V
Saturn Bomberman
Dragon Force
Road Rash
DecAthlete
Winter Heat
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #581 on: 08 October, 2018, 05:59:31 pm »

Fighters MegaMix is on the way!

I want to get the Virtua Cop games, but from what I understand they require a CRTV for the light gun to work now and I don't have a CRTV anymore.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #582 on: 09 October, 2018, 12:37:40 am »

Yeah, you need CRT for lightguns. Though they're still playable with controller pads at least.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #583 on: 20 October, 2018, 10:36:58 am »

i'm pleased to report the soul still burns

I'm a little rusty and getting used to the new mechanics but I'm having a lot of fun so far.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #584 on: 30 November, 2018, 10:02:34 am »

7 days my dudes

that's 7 days for smash BUT ALSO 7 days for the return of dnd to my life, how ling will it last time lets seeeeeee

This will be the first time I haven't DMed in forever (not that I've DMed a lot, just that any previous attempts to get a game going have involved me DMing) and I'm amped up. I have a dumb barbarian character idea with a gladiator wife lady and a map evil cultists want tattooed on his back and I'm ready to go. I look forward to it being only one session and nothing coming out of it. Also on that weekend are me going to see fucking GOBLIN play the Suspiria theme live and Cage of Death XX which will hopefully involve ex-Japanese politician and awesome con man Atsushi Onita hitting someone with an exploding baseball bat.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 ... 61   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: