Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 08:47:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

*dusts off a space, puts topic*

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 ... 61   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *dusts off a space, puts topic*  (Read 15109 times)
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #630 on: 15 February, 2019, 05:25:32 pm »

thoughts on Link's Awakening, go

When I saw the water and waves I literally screamed. I'm so excited. I just beat it again recently and that game really makes me feel such joy. I think the new style was a little jarring at first but I'm into it now. I can't wait to see what everything looks like and seeing those locations perfectly restored in a new style really threw me for a loop.

Can we finally Smash this weekend by chance?

funnily enough i was just about to post about that

Me and UF are gonna play tonight. I don't know exactly what time, but once I figure out what I'm doing for dinner I'll probably make a room. Discord server is here if needed:

https://discord.gg/PpWCnt

I think the current plan is sometime after 7:30 eastern. Tomorrow I'm going to a wrasslin' show in AC so I doubt I'll be available, but tonight is a night for Smash, friends. Join if you can.
« Last Edit: 15 February, 2019, 07:11:55 pm by ganonfloyd » Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #631 on: 15 February, 2019, 06:35:03 pm »

gonna be sometime after 8 now
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #632 on: 23 February, 2019, 02:30:07 pm »

should be free this weekend if anyone wants to play let me know

I've been playing Super Metroid. I've had a copy of it on SNES for years but my first experience was not great, mostly because it still has a degree of clunk that the NES original had (not to the same degree but enough) and I didn't feel like shooting every pixel to find where I needed to go. I'm enjoying it a lot more now, although that clunk is still around for the platforming. Someone this game came out a few years after Super Castlevania IV yet it has worse grapple mechanics. I like the GBA games more. The Wrecked Ship is great though, just got the Gravity Suit so time to find the water levels.

in substantially more embarrassing news I downloaded the DELUXE DEMO for DoA6 since it has every character but two and online play. My DoA experience online is 0 and I've only ever played the older games against the computer. I'm mostly getting my ass beat. The hold system is tough for me to get a hold of. That said, I got a certain flow going and can win some matches and when I'm not fighting some weirdo who uses Marie Rose and already knows every move and counter in the game, it can be a blast. The character designs are a little nicer for the most part this time around too other than the newer batch of characters which are real bad. I don't think I'm gonna buy it but if the second KoF DLC character is a good one I might keep an eye out for an inevitable all content bundle addition.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #633 on: 23 February, 2019, 02:40:15 pm »

SM is so weird and floaty it's hard for me to go back to after ZM and Fusion.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #634 on: 23 February, 2019, 03:21:52 pm »

Agreed. I miss the precision of movement you have in those games. Its just a lot more fun to move around in them and that's a huge deal for me in a Metroidvania game.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #635 on: 23 February, 2019, 07:49:06 pm »

Endgame Aria of Sorrow movement. :kissyface: :okhand:
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #636 on: 24 February, 2019, 08:29:44 pm »

the panther soul makes zipping around so much fun

Anyway I beat SM. The Mother Brain stuff was really exceptional The floaty problem stayed more or less throughout the game for me, but I'm glad I finally got around to beating it. No idea what I'm gonna play in between now and Sekiro. Was considering Super Mario RPG to continue the "beat SNES games I think are good but not as good general consensus" theme but I'd have to buy it and also dust off the Wii U since I no longer have an SNES copy.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #637 on: 27 February, 2019, 08:27:10 am »

took them 8 generations but i think im finally picking the water starter
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #638 on: 27 February, 2019, 12:14:03 pm »

Random battles made me salty, thank god for starter reveals.

Sobble > Scorbunny >>>>> Grookey
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #639 on: 27 February, 2019, 03:05:58 pm »

don't really care about random battles in rpgs if the combat system is still turn based, makes no real difference to me if the enemies are on the field or not

im mostly concerned with if the cerne abbas giant rip off is an actual pokemon i hope it is
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #640 on: 15 March, 2019, 09:31:01 am »

Should reach level 6 in D&D tonight, which I'm almost positive is the farthest I've ever gotten in D&D. The only real goal I have is to hit 9 so I get Brutal Critical. Tensions in the party are still high and almost leaked into real life. It rules.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #641 on: 20 March, 2019, 07:03:13 am »

https://kotaku.com/konamis-new-anniversary-collections-bundle-castlevania-1833423700

neat

I own the four Castlevanias announced, but to get them all on Switch would be very nice. Hoping Bloodlines is in there as well. I've beaten it via emulator but I never really felt like I've played it as its meant to be played on a console.

Contra collection is great too.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #642 on: 20 March, 2019, 08:00:02 am »

came here to link you to that

glad to see you're on top of your intel
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #643 on: 20 March, 2019, 11:43:57 am »

They're gonna waste a spot on Haunted Castle and not bother with Adventure Rebirth.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #644 on: 20 March, 2019, 07:43:22 pm »

came here to link you to that

glad to see you're on top of your intel

i am equally glad you're looking out for my intel

They're gonna waste a spot on Haunted Castle and not bother with Adventure Rebirth.

Saw an article that said the Rebirths might be coming along as well in their own collection/offering. Here's hoping, I never did get the Contra one.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 ... 61   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: