Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 12:38:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

*dusts off a space, puts topic*

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 ... 61   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *dusts off a space, puts topic*  (Read 15208 times)
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #705 on: 08 June, 2019, 09:58:42 pm »

Today is the one year anniversary of my tip to Tokyo. Still a lot of unfinished business there (namely arcades to go to.) Really want to go back.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #706 on: 09 June, 2019, 05:20:12 pm »

ooooohhhhhh Elden Ring...
« Last Edit: 09 June, 2019, 05:25:57 pm by ganonfloyd » Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #707 on: 09 June, 2019, 07:20:43 pm »

yeeeeeees, indeeeeeed
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #708 on: 11 June, 2019, 11:51:50 am »

holy fucking shit that nintendo direct was better than the entirety of e3
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #709 on: 13 June, 2019, 08:43:17 am »

Beat Paper Mario again last night. Still a nearly flawless game. Gonna try to beat all of them this year as I recently picked up SPM. I'm not sure if I want to start TTYD now or hold off since Bloodstained and Samurai Shodown are both coming out soonish. But then there's stuff after that too on Switch. I don't like having lots of games to play.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #710 on: 17 June, 2019, 11:55:42 am »

I ended up starting TTYD yesterday. I beat Chapter 2 so I'm looking forward to Chapter 3 bringing things back on track. I wonder how much of what makes Chapter 3 rule so much is a result of Chapter 1 being a basic (but good) retread of the first game and Chapter 2 being so bad.

Also hey NGE is on Neftlix this week. I think I'm gonna check it out. I never re-watched it after the like, 2010 maybe, viewing. I have fond memories of the pro-NGE and anti-NGE camps on the anime board yelling at each other. Really curious to see how this week being a living work nightmare affects the "this is about a mental breakdown" aspects of the show.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #711 on: 17 June, 2019, 02:46:32 pm »

not even lord crump can save an entire chapter from the punies

I forgot NGE was this week. I'm probably going to re-watch it as well. My favorite podcast people are planning to talk about it, so that should be good.
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #712 on: 17 June, 2019, 03:01:31 pm »

this go around was particularly bad with them falling off ledges and getting lsot it was maddening

Some of my friends are gonna watch it for this first time. I'm not sure I'm ready for the takes and discourse that will inevitably follow.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #713 on: 17 June, 2019, 06:49:09 pm »

Chapter 2 was also marred by the absolute worst partner addition in any Paper Mario game. I remember intentionally upgrading everyone but her, despite having the shine sprites, because I hated her so much.

However, Chapter 3 was genuinely one of the best segments of gaming for me period. There's like literally nothing wrong with it.

I really wonder what the potential of SPM could have been if they returned to the classic turn based combat. It probably had some of the best writing in a Paper Mario game. I respect that they tried something new, and it's actually pretty fun, but it just wasn't nearly as memorable.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #714 on: 21 June, 2019, 04:58:17 pm »

Haven't played since beating Chapter 3, which still rules. The line about "you can't leave now that you signed a contract unless the promoter releases you" is extremely accurate, someone on the writing team liked wrestling.

Big week next week with Bloodstained and Samurai Shodown. I've already spoiled myself on the Bloodstained bosses and I still can't fathom that its actually out. I'm glad to see that bugs aside the general consensus has been that its good and that it avoids the Mighty No. 9 and Yooka-Laylee Kickstarter pitfalls.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #715 on: 24 June, 2019, 09:42:25 pm »

Bloodstained got here a day early and the patch was already available so I played it until my Switch battery died (about 2 hours.) It is everything I wanted. Its honestly surreal to be playing it and its really cool to see the game being advertised as "this is a game by Koji Igarashi", my dude finally getting the respect he always deserved.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #716 on: 24 June, 2019, 11:42:51 pm »

This is good to hear. I want to play it eventually.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #717 on: 26 June, 2019, 09:08:48 am »

bloodstained chronicles:

Beat four bosses so far. I liked the third one a lot. I'm playing on the Switch which is getting a lot of publicity for being a bad port. So far I've only encountered one area that was rough with a screen transition loading time. Otherwise, its been fine. Seems like the developers are aware and gonna patch things so hopefully no further issues when I get further in the game.

Stopped at the fifth boss last night after dying. The werewolves in this game are real big and I like that. I have a cool floating book familiar that says goofy **** when I save my game and so I am using him instead of the almost definitely more useful flying sword familiar. I have also unlocked the ability to change my hair and coloring and stuff but I feel weird about straying from the actual design. Maybe I'll do that in another one. One of the hair styles makes you a straight up Castlevania character.

This game is good.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #718 on: 26 June, 2019, 11:17:25 am »

I wish the whip weapons were better, otherwise I've been having fun.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #719 on: 26 June, 2019, 07:42:57 pm »

Yeah the whip feels weird. Its almost like they tried to not make it like the CV whip but tried too hard.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 ... 61   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: