Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 05:10:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

*dusts off a space, puts topic*

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 ... 61   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *dusts off a space, puts topic*  (Read 15274 times)
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #735 on: 25 July, 2019, 07:18:00 am »

by all means go off my dude i love a good rant

AND THEN there was Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia which was a remake of Fire Emblem Gaiden....but the entire game was a slogfest of irritating maps and horrid gameplay. FACK.

god I have never wanted to like a game more and wasn't able to, the maps were so lame and it felt like there was no enemy unit variety, I remember the exact moment I quit when I was on a map that was just an entire army of mages and nothing else

it sucks because for a game based on a famicom game, it did a good job updating the character designs and stuff to feel more modern, but god I could not keep myself at it by the end

yeah, blow on your 3DS to blow wind in the face of your wife to raise affection with her
this is so fucking hilarious lmao. What were they thinking?

the best part is when they removed a lot the weird stuff from the american version and certain people lost their fucking minds as if they had been slapped in the face

Fates is pure schlock but I put like 100+ hours into it so I will always dig it. Its a perfect commute game (pop it in, mess around on some maps and mess with some character building, turn it off when the train gets to the last stop.) I can fully understand why people would hate it because its total schlock, but I like schlock myself. Other than the first GBA game (which I adore) I was always a casual side fan of the series. It was like chasing the high and I never found it again. I'm almost positive I got Radiant Dawn for Christmas out of obligation and by like level 3 I was over it. I've wanted to play Genealogy since I respect the mid game twist a lot, but I've never been able to really get into it. Maybe if it was on a console rather than an emulator. I guess I could look into repro carts.

ANYWAY i think the worst crime of the series is that its the reason there won't be anymore advance wars, the superior intelligent systems strategy game series, pour one out for my dead homies eagle and max
« Last Edit: 25 July, 2019, 07:35:19 am by ganonfloyd » Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #736 on: 26 July, 2019, 01:23:22 am »

i actually think conquest is pretty fun to play, hideously bad story notwithstanding. skill transferring made character building a little extra fun, the maps were pretty good and it was sufficiently difficult that it had me wrack my brain a bit to get through it without being stupidly difficult. i'd prolly play it again were my 3ds not broken. it's just a shame that birthright and revelations had all of the bad parts of conquest and none of the good parts. also i really wanna play three houses just because I'm compelled to play fire emblem-anything, but I don't have a switch

also I have the feeling we'll prolly see a new advance wars within the next decade since that's ripe for nostalgia. i dunno whether or not it's a monkey's paw situation where they'll make some polarizing changes from the older games like they did with fire emblem, though
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #737 on: 26 July, 2019, 08:03:12 am »

come over and play three houses, communal run

also I have the feeling we'll prolly see a new advance wars within the next decade since that's ripe for nostalgia. i dunno whether or not it's a monkey's paw situation where they'll make some polarizing changes from the older games like they did with fire emblem, though

I vaguely remember an article/interview with someone from IS who said something along the lines of "we'd like to but we don't know how to add the stuff people like about the new Fire Emblems." Realistically if they need to add relationship stuff whatever fine monkey paw away, the COs in the first three games were all goofy anyway. Military academy AW is a compromise I'm willing to make.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Masterman
Mood: Yandere

Yes.

« Reply #738 on: 28 July, 2019, 09:42:43 am »

Yeah seriously. Join in posthaste

I am experiencing jubilation. Sweet relief.
This game is pretty good! Enjoying it quite a bit. How about you!?
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #739 on: 28 July, 2019, 08:54:31 pm »

I did basically nothing but play it yesterday so I'd say I'm pretty obsessed with it right now whoops. It feels like reverse Persona in some ways and its really good at almost always having some sort of goal in reach to keep you playing.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #740 on: 29 July, 2019, 12:30:58 pm »

I just started last night, the characters seem very good in this one at least in Blue Lions.
Report Spam   Logged

Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yes.

« Reply #741 on: 30 July, 2019, 08:18:32 am »

For sure. Dedue is the man.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #742 on: 30 July, 2019, 10:03:02 am »

black eagles 4 lyfe
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #743 on: 04 August, 2019, 09:34:22 am »

Beat Three Houses last night. Was about 40 hours long for the first run. I already want to start another run. What a great game.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yes.

« Reply #744 on: 04 August, 2019, 07:32:48 pm »

40!? Damn!

Yo do Blue Lions next and tell me what you think of Mercedes lmao
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #745 on: 04 August, 2019, 08:51:19 pm »

going golden deer first, i need som distance from blue lions since they are like directly opposed to the black eagles
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #746 on: 05 August, 2019, 12:28:18 am »

40 seems fast? One of the people whose review I read said 40 was like his halfway point lol.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #747 on: 05 August, 2019, 04:26:05 am »

Floyd is better than us casual scum

I got it too and it’s real fun. Went with Black Eagles.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #748 on: 05 August, 2019, 03:17:02 pm »

Well I will say that the route I went is the shortest, but I'm not sure by how much. I didnt skip anything and talked to everyone on exploration days. The only thing I could see being a factor is I didnt grind as many free battles as I could have but it wasnt necessary for me really to do so. My buddy beat Golden Deer recently and his time was around 55 hours for reference.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #749 on: 12 August, 2019, 11:13:36 am »

I know this is a video game thing, but who cares about topicality? Have you been keeping up with Bray Wyatt's new gimmick?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 ... 61   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: