Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 06:45:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

*dusts off a space, puts topic*

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 ... 61   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *dusts off a space, puts topic*  (Read 15436 times)
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #795 on: 28 January, 2020, 08:25:36 pm »

happy to report byleth is Fun
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #796 on: 28 January, 2020, 11:28:40 pm »

Agreed. I played a couple of CPU matches and have determined he will be my go to FE character for the foreseeable future.

Also Samus and Cloud buffs, yay
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #797 on: 01 March, 2020, 05:26:34 pm »

Was in San Jose for most of the week visiting my brother. Made him see Parasite, movie still rules.

Upon returning, I was told that the Gamestop I worked at back in the day was closing. Its doing an everything must go sale. Not a ton of stuff worth grabbing at this point, but I have finally purchased Nier Automata. Not sure when I'll start it. I'm glad I outlived that store.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #798 on: 03 March, 2020, 10:20:49 pm »

gamestops mass-closing is some end of an era shit, I still can't believe it's happening even though of course it's happening

no way my local gamestop isn't gonna go by the end of the year, it's frequented so little that I used to buy deep discount collector's edition titles that they had held onto for years
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #799 on: 04 March, 2020, 06:53:20 pm »

I'm honestly surprised this one lasted as long as it did considering there was another one literally five minutes down the same stretch of road (one was an EB that got converted, can't remember which.)

Definitely end of an era though, even without the context of me working there. Finding some weird junk that got traded in was always fun even if the store has been a glorified Funko Pop store for the past few years. Its crazy to see how unprepared they were for the markets changing.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #800 on: 22 March, 2020, 09:05:01 pm »

the quarantine and working remotely situation has finally broken me and i am playing tokyo mirage sessions

Battle system is pretty fun. Dungeons seem decent if not exactly super well done. Character building seems a little by the numbers right now but might open up. Its not bad when there's no cutscenes happening, although when they do I can hear my teeth grinding.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #801 on: 25 March, 2020, 12:06:31 pm »

doom eternal arrived and now i am no longer playing tokyo mirage sessions

It rules. Still got the same amazing combat loop as 2016. A little too much story but there's more enemy types and it feels a lot harder this time too. Its a blast but I need to take a break often from getting mad at my inabilities to handle the demon hordes. Great shit so far though everyone buy Doom.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #802 on: 25 March, 2020, 02:34:38 pm »

tell me when you get to super saiyan girl marth

I really wanna play Doom now. I think my enjoyment of playing games is going through a brief stint of disinterest, but Doom looks like a good game to bring me back in.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #803 on: 25 March, 2020, 06:55:36 pm »

i think that's the very end lmao

Its really good and you can probably find 2016 for cheap. Its got like no story to worry about or anything and its a real hoot to play.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #804 on: 26 March, 2020, 04:32:42 pm »

Panzer Dragoon remake came out and is good. I'm hoping it means the remake the other games.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #805 on: 08 April, 2020, 10:34:30 am »

https://bloody-disgusting.com/video-games/3612289/ruggero-deodato-fantastico-studio-announce-upcoming-cannibal-holocaust-video-game/

well this is definitely the weirdest video game news of 2020 so far
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #806 on: 08 April, 2020, 04:24:10 pm »

Did this really need to be made lol
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #807 on: 12 April, 2020, 01:47:21 pm »

obviously yes

I'm a little over 20 hours into TMS. When you're in a dungeon and fighting enemies, the game really shines. There's something undeniably cool about hitting a weakness and watching a long session go off and shred an enemy party. The bosses are kind of a bummer though; they're all tough which is nice (even frustrating) but a lot of them are simply "have lots of health and summon enemies" so fighting them is a bore, which then makes the frustrations even worse. There's also a ton of phrases and systems in this game; it never feels like I'm utilizing everything to the full extent because I keep forgetting about stuff.

Doom Eternal remains good. Got to the first boss fight and it was very fun. Doom rules.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #808 on: 20 April, 2020, 02:13:09 pm »

I have beaten both games now.

Doom Eternal was great, although I do think it was maybe an hour or two overlong. By the end I was ready to be done with it, especially after a ludicrously absurd boss that felt almost as if the devs were fucking with me. But still, at its core the game is one of the most satisfying FPS I've ever played. There's a real visceral feeling to the combat and the movement options are awesome. Love it. Shame the composer apparently didn't like the OST mix/might not be returning because he has a lot to do with the game working as well as it does.

TMS was good. There were moments that made me question why i played the game and all of those were story/cutscene wise, but its still a game made by the Strange Journey team and so at its core its fun and the battle system really worked. I don't think its something I'd evere really recommend or want to replay, but playing through it wasn't a chore. If the team ever gets to do something new I'd love to see them return to a more serious style like SJ; they could really knock it out of the park.

I think Nier Automata will be the next major game I play. Been doing more fighters too. Gotta start P3 for the PS2 SMT run but I don't want to jump right in to another Persona-y game after TMS.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #809 on: 21 April, 2020, 01:27:48 pm »

its still a game made by the Strange Journey team and so at its core its fun

:thonk:

i think i've played p3 too many times to ever play it again so good luck
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 ... 61   Go Up