Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 08:49:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

*dusts off a space, puts topic*

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *dusts off a space, puts topic*  (Read 15110 times)
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #855 on: 16 September, 2020, 09:16:48 pm »

I only really remember Heartful Cry (which rules) and the last boss theme which is pretty good.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Masterman
Mood: Yandere

Yes.

« Reply #856 on: 22 September, 2020, 07:10:57 pm »

Play Hades now you loon
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #857 on: 25 September, 2020, 11:22:19 am »

i wanna

I never played Bastion and Transistor so I do wanna play those first. I'm bad at playing games sorry everyone. Hades looks delightful.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #858 on: 29 September, 2020, 07:41:33 am »

almost on cue bastion and transistor are on super sale for the switch so i guess i have bought them
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #859 on: 26 October, 2020, 02:04:54 pm »

Majora's Mask came out today in North America 20 years ago. Happy birthday to the king.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #860 on: 01 November, 2020, 09:57:37 am »

updates I have bought Hades and beaten P4. Playing Raidou 2 now. Still want to beat the other SG games on Switch before jumping into Hades. Made a decision and pre-ordered Yakuza: Like a Dragon. I've been resistant to trying it because the people who sing the series' praises usually come off as very try hard with it, but it has a job system like FFV apparently and I love job systems and worse comes to worse I can just play Virtua Fighter in the in game arcade. Currently working on Wallachia: Reign of Dracula, a Contra/Castlevania mix by a dev that does Castlevania fan games. Its fun but very tough; you have like no i-frames and enemies swarm you a lot so it can get pretty dicey. Fun though and the aesthetic is a weird mix of realistic with a spalsh of Francis Ford Coppola's Dracula art style (albeit animated a bit oddly.) Worth playing though.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #861 on: 01 November, 2020, 12:27:23 pm »

I have bought Hades
excellent
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #862 on: 01 November, 2020, 03:52:02 pm »

looking forward to playing it in like a half a year after everyone has moved on already
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #863 on: 09 November, 2020, 09:20:30 pm »

happy to report i have beaten bastion, the first step in my road to playing hades after everyone has moved on

It was good. I don't think i would say I hold in in the same esteem as some other people I know (a friend of mine considered it one of his favorite games ever for a time) but its compelling and fun and interesting in all the right ways. I'm very excited for Transistor next.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #864 on: 09 November, 2020, 10:11:03 pm »

I played Bastion so long ago that it was hard to have a frame of reference for it with the rest of their games. I should probably revisit it at some point, but I agree in that I think it would be hard to call it one of my favorites. They owe a lot to that game, but they've also come quite a long way.
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #865 on: 13 November, 2020, 10:12:56 pm »

I can tell you are correct that they have come a long way because I played an hour-ish of Transistor and already feel its better by a sizable amount. The locale is really interesting and the combat/function system is a hoot. I guess the story isn't as clear or interesting as Bastion but the gameplay is way more engaging.

also i played a ys game finally (hey adol what's good man), the PC version of the first game

It was fun as hell. I didn't think "just bump into enemies" really sounded all that fun or interesting but actually playing it completely changed my mind. Once I beat Transistor I'll probably hop into the second game to clear my palate. I will say though that a few of the bosses are deeply, deeply unfun, including the final boss which seemed to be based entirely on luck. I get the franchise now though.

Oh and I'm playing Raidou 2 and it rules but that goes without saying. I crave a new Raidou game and knowing it will never come is a source of great pain.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #866 on: 16 November, 2020, 08:12:42 pm »

Transistor beat. Final boss was maybe a little too talk during the fight itself but was a real nailbiter. Game rules, def better than Bastion.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #867 on: 16 November, 2020, 11:47:57 pm »

I enjoyed that last fight a lot. It's a good little gameplay turn.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #868 on: 17 November, 2020, 08:01:20 am »

Yeah I was frustrated by it a lot but in a good way. Like those are my moves don't use them on me what the fuck man. It really came down to the wire for me too.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #869 on: 28 November, 2020, 11:39:15 pm »

I started Hades today. I then played it for six hours straight.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: