Ultimate Paradise
18 April, 2024, 10:42:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

random games

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 ... 121   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: random games  (Read 21570 times)
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1470 on: 18 February, 2019, 11:30:02 am »

Notched 6 more wins in Apex this weekend. I unlocked Mirage and have really taken to him, much more than I expected. Turns out I win more fights when I can pinpoint the enemy and shoot them before they shoot me. I'm getting the tactics and strategy down, too. Feels good.

--

In bigger news, I've left the Gerudo desert, and I've taken the Thunder Helm with me, which I'm glad of. I briefly considered riding all the way east to Hateno village to die my Gerudo sets, but I figure it will make more sense to do that once I inevitably get another set from the Rito people. Instead, I headed north to the Korok Forest, through Central Hyrule.

It was a good reminder of why I typically avoid Central Hyrule. That place is lousy with Guardian Stalkers. I've been taking them on more often, and I've been putting work into learning the shield deflect timing, but I don't always get it. Long story short, I didn't have any shields left after this little venture. But I was taking that route because I was curious about a couple of things that I had seen on my map.

For one, there was the ruins of the ranch, which I somehow didn't expect to find. It was unmistakable, though. Almost more alarming than the Guardians crawling through there were the stal enemies on stal-horseback (!), which are actually quite willing to let you ride them afterward. I briefly considered riding one over to a stable, but before that something way more amusing happened. I dismounted and fed the horse an apple to see what would happen. It ate it... and then instantly decomposed. I was horrified but also laughing until I realized that the sun had just risen, and that's probably would did the monster in.

The other thing I stopped for was a memory, the scene of Zelda knighting Link. I think the performances could be better in a lot of these scenes, but I still like them fleshing out the relationship here. Anything for that signature Zelda sadness.

There was another scene waiting for me when I got to the forest, locked in the Master Sword. I enjoyed Zelda's exchange with the tree.

Also, I gather from the description that the sword only shoots beams when I'm fighting bosses? Or something? I thought you just had to have full health, but maybe I'm missing something there. I get that it doesn't want you to be able to use the sword at full power all the time and that's fine. Guess that's the same reason it's only a 30 STR weapon.

After that, I set out west toward the last cluster of regions left dark on my map. My present interest is the mountain that sometimes glows. I've seen it a couple of times but haven't had a convenient moment to get over there yet. I now know that it's called Mount Satori, which is interesting. Also I don't know how I would have climbed the Ridgelands Tower without the Thunder Helm. Probably would have wasted lots of arrows.

The mountain isn't glowing at the moment, but I've got the whole region to explore while I wait.

I'm having to readjust to rain after being in such an arid place for so long.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 ... 121   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: