Ultimate Paradise
01 June, 2020, 09:46:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

random games

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 ... 116   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: random games  (Read 8697 times)
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1545 on: 01 June, 2019, 12:38:14 am »

i want to take a vacation i'm jealous

What was the final for the tournament? Where did you go?
So the tournament setup was that everyone starts 5 lives. You play a game that's all items on, random stage, 2 stocks, 5 minutes. If you win the game, you lose 0 lives. If you come in second, you lose one life. Third loses two lives, fourth loses three lives (so you can't be eliminated after a single game). If you lose all your lives, you're eliminated from the tournament, otherwise you keep playing. The guy running it had written a program that tracks all this stuff. It's pretty neat, though he said he wants to make some improvements to it. I think about 25-30 people entered.

For the finals, they upped the ante to 3 stocks, 7 minutes, and they took us to Mementos (with "Rivers in the Desert" playing). I was going against a Ganon, a Plant, and a Lucas. The Ganon was whatever. I'd lost a previous game to the guy playing Plant in sudden death on Palutena's Temple of all places. And I hadn't played the Lucas but I was kinda wary of him given that Lucas can do some whack stuff. And yet when I sat down the guy playing Lucas said he'd been watching me play and that I was scary. I tried to tell him he shouldn't be because all I had done in every game was run around shooting missiles, grabbing ATs/Pokemon, and stealing Smash Balls. I also got embiggened twice by lightning bolts, which seems extremely lucky.

Anyway it came down to me and him. There's a video of me completely failing to take his last stock cleanly. A Black Knight AT got the killing blow instead.

So yeah. I think it's a funny story, and it made me wish I could play more.

This was in the UK, by the way. I've got a decent number of friends over there.

also missed you booboo
<3
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 ... 116   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: