Ultimate Paradise
30 May, 2020, 02:17:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

random games

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 ... 116   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: random games  (Read 8697 times)
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1545 on: 03 June, 2019, 09:25:27 am »

Also I picked up Outer Wilds and played some of it tonight and so far it seems extremely my shit
Spent a lot of time playing this game this weekend. It's sort of like Majora's Mask meets space archeology. The star system exists on this 22-minute time loop, and you have that amount of time to blast off from your homeworld and go explore the other astronomical objects in orbit around the sun. At the end of the cycle, you wake up and start again.

The cycle can end prior to that 22-minute reset point, also. It's pretty easy to die out in space.

So far, I have died by:
- Asphyxiation
- Falling
- Crushed by sand
- Crashed my ship into the sun (Don't trust autopilot)
- Flew my ship too close to the sun and couldn't escape its gravity well)
- Crashed my ship into a volcanic moon (Seriously, don't trust autopilot)
- Landed on said volcanic moon and then upended my ship into the lava whilst attempting to leave
- Stranded myself on a comet and froze to death whilst interacting with Ghost Matter
- Stranded myself in an alien shuttle and drifted out past the heliopause

Much of the exploration is centered on finding ruins of this precursor civilization. There's a measured sadness to finding new sites and translating the runes in each one. They have this Prothean vibe where they're trying to come to grips with the hostile ecology of each planet, as well as their underlying existential crisis.

For every new piece of information you uncover, your ships log is updated, and it winds up creating this really satisfying web of clues and mysteries. I wake up at the start of each loop and have to decide which one to try and dig deeper into.

So far I've pretty thoroughly explored three planets, which leaves me with three more, not counting smaller bodies within the system. I think tonight I'll go to one of the ones I haven't been to yet and see if I can fill in more of the bigger picture.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 ... 116   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: