Ultimate Paradise
20 April, 2024, 05:31:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

random games

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 ... 121   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: random games  (Read 21923 times)
Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Masterman
Mood: Yandere

Yes.

« Reply #1590 on: 01 September, 2019, 06:23:25 pm »

I will have to give that podcast a listen to get a better understanding and reflect on all evidence. I didn’t know about that looming controversy as I tend not to bother with social media and I was feeling a bit ambivalent toward both parties without any evidence. But, the sister coming out and setting the record straight pretty much removed most of my doubts.

Perhaps I went too far in calling her a nut, but I’m still wary partly because Quinn almost instantaneously deleted their Twitter account following the event. Maybe it’s because she wanted to take preemptive action against the inevitable target she basically painted on her back, but if she could get through GG and the storm that followed that she should be able to steel herself and weather this alongside her cohorts and individuals under similar circumstance. It just seems fairly odd to me unless I’m missing something. What I do know is that this probably could have been resolved in a better way and NEEDS to be in the future if we’re going to have any chance of establishing a medium and exacting a needed change in our overall culture.

I also have to say that Twitter is not where our moral and legal compass is set, and most importantly, it is not a true reflection of social order as some would have it. Too many of those participating in such a bubble, I find, aren't true stakeholders in the actual reality that exists beneath it so when situations like this arise, it can be difficult to gauge and invest. There really aren’t any other channels either where one can make their voice heard; which makes the future all the more concerning because of how easy it can be to manipulate the social media machine to your will. The destructive potential of crafting a half-baked accusation and immediately running someone into the ground with little to no effort if one wished is immense. It’s difficult because in no way would I defend perpetrators but I do acknowledge the fact that there is extremely little in the means of defense if one happened to be ousted, justified or otherwise, which is kinda what’s happening with the Projared situation from what I have followed. Now, this may just be an outlier or the situation could very well be justified; it’s all just shitty all around, in my opinion. I just wish there was more respect in our culture in general, to avoid these scenarios in the first place.

Still, the real consequences of what happened here need to be considered long and hard by everyone involved. More resources should absolutely be allocated to the Mental Health field though, as these mass shootings, abuse cases, and etc. very much stem from that very source and most families/portions of society actively choose to dismiss the fact.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 ... 121   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: