Ultimate Paradise
31 May, 2020, 08:49:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

random games

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: random games  (Read 8697 times)
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1695 on: 10 February, 2020, 12:52:27 pm »

Failed to mention it in here, but last week I played through Manifold Garden. It's a first-person puzzle game in the vein of Antichamber or Portal where you're exploring a fractaline space. You can at any moment change the orientation of gravity, and if you walk off the edge of a platform, you will fall until you land back on the same platform. There's other puzzle mechanics that are introduced over the course of the game.

The objective is to find seven seeds and then plant them in order to, I guess, grow the garden. There's a weird rot or corruption that shows up in certain places, and solving puzzles dispels that. The game is pretty linear, though there were hints of secrets that I was not very good at following up on. One room I saw but couldn't figure out how to get into. Another room I found accidentally but then wandered out of it and couldn't figure out how to get back.

Pretty cool experience overall, but I don't think it's one I'll be thinking about in the long run. Sometimes it's just cool to do wacky stuff with physics. Also it had surprisingly good sound design for a game in that style.

I didn't really play much over the weekend. Spent a lot of time kinda zoning out, honestly. I'm still trying to write up a blog post on all the games I played in 2019, and I did make some more progress on that.

Also, after Floyd and I emerged bloodied from Yahar'gul, I went back in and ran through Nightmare Frontier by myself the next night. I figure we were probably going to skip over it at this point, and I wanted to confirm there's not really anything worth having there. It's definitely a breeze at this point in the game, and you can tell you're meant to go there sooner based on all the lower-level upgrade materials you get. There are a bunch of decent defensive runes, but other than that, it's a justified time-save to not bother.

I had a satisfying kill on Amygdala, though. Got through the fight almost unscathed, and when the boss was low enough health, I shot it several times in the head to stagger it and then finished with a visceral.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: