Ultimate Paradise
29 May, 2020, 04:02:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

random games

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: random games  (Read 8697 times)
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1695 on: 13 February, 2020, 10:09:01 am »

Finished Act II of KRZ last night. I want to sit down and play each of the last three acts straight through rather than awkwardly subdividing them as I have the first ones. Game continues to be good.

On recommendation from a friend, I booted up Rime last night after noticing that it was in my PS Plus library. This game really wants to be Studio Japan meets Studio Ghibli, with a little bit of Journey sprinkled in. It's got the slightly jank controls of the former and the scale combined with gorgeous music of the latter, though some of the visuals are a little inconsistent. The boy's facial expressions just don't exactly measure up to the emotions it's trying to convey.

The game is also surprisingly choppy, which is unfortunate. It's odd where it happens, too. Like I might expect the framerate to dip when I'm climbing up a big set piece windmill thing, but instead it just tanks when I'm running down a hallway without much going on.

I think I'm about halfway through, so I'll probably wrap that up tonight or this weekend.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: