Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 03:17:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

random games

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 118 119 [120] 121   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: random games  (Read 20000 times)
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1785 on: 04 April, 2021, 12:47:01 pm »

Not games, but I have now watched all of Legendary's Monsterverse movies.

I rewatched Godzilla 2014, which I still really like as a movie. The main character is whatever, but the way that movie actually treats and shows the monsters is probably the best of any of these films. It does so many cool things with perspective and scale. Also the sound design rules.

Kong: Skull Island is also super good. It's got characters I actually cared about even though they're a little thin on paper. Some of the shots in that movie are just incredible.

Godzilla: King of the Monsters is a really dumb movie. They looked at the 2014 film and said "Right, so the best things to take away from this are echolocation and tragic dads. Also man is a virus or something." It also tries to bring the overall tone of Kong in which kinda just translates to Bradley Whitford making a bunch of bad jokes. The monster fights are fun enough to merit watching. Oh also, Charles Dance is in this movie and somehow doesn't matter at all.

Finally, Godzilla vs. Kong. First of all, I feel like Kong had more screentime, which immediately disappoints me because I'm #TeamGodzilla. Secondly, this movie barely, barely has a plot, which is ridiculous given how many characters they attempt to have in this film. It would have been a lot better if MBB and co's plotline was just deleted from the script, but I guess they left it in because she's Godzilla's POV character? Except she doesn't actually do that. There's no tragic dads, but Bryan Tyree Henry's wife is fridged prior to the events of the film. Anyway, the "vs." part of the film is again worth it. This was thankfully the shortest film in the franchise.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 118 119 [120] 121   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: