Ultimate Paradise
19 March, 2024, 03:00:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

*dusts off a space, puts topic*

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 [61]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *dusts off a space, puts topic*  (Read 14999 times)
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #900 on: 02 May, 2021, 10:27:00 pm »

oh hey i did p5r its finally done after what felt like an eternity, new stuff was rad and i fused lucifer then proceeded to not use him for the final fight

A buddy of mine very generously bought me a copy of Nier Replicant so I feel obligated to put that up front in the docket. But there's also a new R-Type game which I am doing very badly at. Why are they still making video games, stop that there's too many of them.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #901 on: 30 August, 2021, 07:20:48 pm »

dang its been awhile, this was the first time i typed in "br" into the search bar and autofill didn't do the rest so that's gotta be a record for me

I have been playing mostly fighting games and Age of Empires games, one of which I play against other people. I have never been confident enough in my RTS skills to play anyone other than friends in AoE, despite it being a series I love. The fourth one is coming out soon, and with my brother moving back to New Jersey I will have access to an Xbox One again and thus will have access to AoEIV. I hope its good. My friend has been playing a lot of Strive and making real headway in it, which has put me in a tough spot. I don't really like Strive, and I don't like having the role reversed (normally I am the one winning the vast majority of our fighting game sojourns) but I don't want to quit on him because he is into the game and dropping out for any reason seems like an act of cowardice, even if the game doesn't really speak to me. Here's hoping KoF XV will swing things around. I have been playing a ton of Virtua Fighter V which is the surest sign of any that I am getting old. I'm decent at it. Hovering around level 23-24 with Goh and a win percentage in the high 50s/low 60s. I have a sort of settled technique and approach to most fights, but every now and then while messing around a new move sort of opens up to me. I don't think I will ever truly be amazing, but its fascinating to approach and I get less mad when I lose at this than other games. My above mentioned friend and I have talked about going to EVO next year. Maybe I will lose in the first round of an off main stage VF tournament just to say I did it.

I watched the Rebuild movies finally and somehow avoided knowing anything about them going into them. I enjoyed them all quite a bit and the fourth movie is possibly the best Evangelion has ever been. That's probably my anime watching covered for a year or so.

24 Hour Horrorthon is coming back in the first weekend of November. Last year it didn't happen obviously, but I knew that even before the pandemic. I truly missed it, and now I am terrified of it getting cancelled again. Its been hard to navigate the post-vaccine pandemic honestly. I was about as okay with the stay at home rules as anyone could be, but now that things were supposed to be better before the delta variant and everything, I feel confused. I still wear a mask and mostly avoid things, but everywhere and everyone else it my life seems to have just moved on and don't care. I've gone to a few wrestling shows and nothings happened, but the balance of "I should still not be doing anything" and "I have wasted a year of my life and will relax now that I am vaccinated" are constantly causing friction against one another.

In other news, I have become obsessed with the Legion of Super-Heroes. I needed some sort of reading project at the start of the year and bought some digital collections. It is well known that thanks to a ton of characters and history and three (four now?) fucking reboots have made it completely impenetrable to a casual fan, so I just started at the beginning. Its so dense and filled with weird scifi stuff. I've been collecting the actual issues which I don't normally do. It feels like the last frontier of a superhero universe; I don't know if I will ever feel that amazing feeling of jumping into something with so much history and lore and trying to figure it out. Its thrilling.

I've been thinking about getting a fish tank. I need a new hobby and have exhausted most of the available nerd stuff (comics, games, wrestling, DND, its all done.) My friend decided to get into drum machines and the like but I don't have much musical talent so I've half convinced myself to try keeping a bunch of organisms alive instead.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #902 on: 31 August, 2021, 09:06:24 am »

Why hasn't Strive landed for you?

Looking forward to talking Eva during our next Dark Souls session
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #903 on: 31 August, 2021, 02:34:23 pm »

oh you know it

Its hard for me to put my finger on it exactly. Part of it is the roster, which is really small and not filled with a ton of options I like. I ended up ceding a potential main to my friend since he was more excited about the game and so its kind of cut into my choices. I like the new Faust moveset at last so there's that, but whenever I play I'm never like super into it. I think part of it is that the throw is super good and on a dedicated button, which is different than I'm used to in 2D fighters and so I haven't really quite acclimated to that.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #904 on: 17 September, 2021, 08:53:09 pm »

are we gonna revive the smt topic when smt v comes out
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #905 on: 18 September, 2021, 10:30:49 am »

here for that, rise from its grave
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #906 on: 18 September, 2021, 11:24:45 pm »

speaking of post apocalyptic rpgs with weird superfans i played fallout 1 and finally beat it heres my extremely meat and potatoes build that i took form a bunch of guides

Outside of little things like my companions getting in the way of doors and the walls hiding important items, I loved it. Really fantastic game. I think I have the intricacies of the controls/system down so maybe I will do something less basic if/when I play 2.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #907 on: 23 October, 2021, 06:16:53 pm »

welp i ended up playing and beating fallout and it is even better than the first one, i did a melee building this time with high charisma to have a big party and it was very fun, almost couldn't beat the final boss at first until i crippled all his limbs and ran around in a circle hitting him with a super sledge, here is my character

Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #908 on: 23 February, 2022, 11:24:43 pm »

bumping the entire site to wish you a happy elden ring day
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #909 on: 25 April, 2022, 10:41:25 am »

Hey thanks keep the site alive baby.

In the interim of this post and now I played Elden Ring, it's entirely my jam. One of my favorite games. I am aware of certain points of contention and they did not bum me out.

also got into vampire the masquerade bloodlines which is a mess, i really dig it
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
TBizzle
THE GALACTIC PIMP
BIZZLE
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Happy

« Reply #910 on: 20 September, 2022, 02:34:22 am »

hey uh is there like a brawler's paradise discord or something, i miss this place

also yeah elden ring is tight
Report Spam   Logged

Jawo'
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Jawo'
Mood: ...

Obey Your Thirst!!

« Reply #911 on: 22 September, 2022, 11:20:04 am »

hey uh is there like a brawler's paradise discord or something, i miss this place
https://discord.gg/T5UzFUVEHv
Report Spam   Logged

Proud owner of the book of Lymon.

The resident GameFAQs Talkshow Host.                     

What do you think I'm gonna do? Hit on you? Not likely.  Tongue
I'll always envision Lumines and Jawo' as Colin Mochrie and Ryan Stiles, respectively now.
Stop being modest, Jawo', and admit that you look cool.
I swear Jawo' runs around with a glue gun and an evil grin.
Justin, I'll find you and then I'll beat you senseless if you don't unconfuse me.
Jawo' is King Silly and will be until the day he dies.
I'm expecting him to have interpreted all of our requests as variations of >_> , ... , and  Roll Eyes .
Quote from: ansem120
As the self-proclaimed CM Punk of Soda, I thought about shaving your head so you can start a new path with your life.

But, then I realized you're Jawo', and nothing you do is wrong.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #912 on: 29 November, 2022, 01:26:21 pm »

hit me up with a fresh link discord confuses me but i too miss the bp days

anyway what up uuhhhhh im playin new vegas i guess, thats cool, i like basketball now isnt that weird, otherwise mostly been watching movies follow me on letterboxd dot com like noted cool person bizzle
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Jawo'
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Jawo'
Mood: ...

Obey Your Thirst!!

« Reply #913 on: 08 December, 2022, 10:30:19 am »

hit me up with a fresh link discord confuses me but i too miss the bp days
https://discord.gg/7VNkdgH4bk
Report Spam   Logged

Proud owner of the book of Lymon.

The resident GameFAQs Talkshow Host.                     

What do you think I'm gonna do? Hit on you? Not likely.  Tongue
I'll always envision Lumines and Jawo' as Colin Mochrie and Ryan Stiles, respectively now.
Stop being modest, Jawo', and admit that you look cool.
I swear Jawo' runs around with a glue gun and an evil grin.
Justin, I'll find you and then I'll beat you senseless if you don't unconfuse me.
Jawo' is King Silly and will be until the day he dies.
I'm expecting him to have interpreted all of our requests as variations of >_> , ... , and  Roll Eyes .
Quote from: ansem120
As the self-proclaimed CM Punk of Soda, I thought about shaving your head so you can start a new path with your life.

But, then I realized you're Jawo', and nothing you do is wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 [61]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: