Ultimate Paradise
19 March, 2024, 04:50:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

random games

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 ... 121   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: random games  (Read 19591 times)
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1440 on: 26 January, 2019, 10:29:28 am »

god I thought I was done with that shit
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1441 on: 26 January, 2019, 11:45:54 pm »

Finished SotN.

I sort of wish there had been more to figure out in the reverse castle. I knew where all the bosses would be after it was clear they would be in the same rooms. Galamoth was the only challenging fight and it wasn't challenging once I figured out what to do. Then again, it did feel good to be powerful and have all my stuff back, but it made it lame to pick up different items that were hidden around the other castle.

Also it wasn't relevant after a while, but the healing system felt super clunky in that I had to equip a potion or meat, unpause to use it, and then go back and re-equip whatever I had on before. Just being able to heal from the menu would have been nice in the situations where I needed it.

But overall it's still great fun and I'm glad I played it. I gather there's a Richter mode or whatever but I'll do that some other time.

Going to focus on FFIX now and also maybe actually play more Smash? I'm available more nights than not if people want to play.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1442 on: 27 January, 2019, 08:14:17 am »

gotta play some aria/dawn of sorrow next
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1443 on: 27 January, 2019, 08:15:00 am »

Also I would definitely like to play more Smash. Tonight won't be a good night but moving forward if people are playing let me know.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1444 on: 27 January, 2019, 12:08:55 pm »

gotta play some aria/dawn of sorrow next
I don't like messing around with emulators, so this probably won't happen.
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #1445 on: 27 January, 2019, 12:33:52 pm »

Random is TOO AFRAID and too much of a COWARD to work VBA and play Aria of Sorrow, the true best Castleroid.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1446 on: 27 January, 2019, 03:49:57 pm »

guess i have to mail you a ds and a copy of both games se what you do to me ronaldam
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1447 on: 28 January, 2019, 10:18:46 pm »

According to the walkthrough I'm using, I have reached Disc 3, and I'm really glad for it.

The second half of Disc 2 was reasonably cool storywise, but I wasn't happy with my party choices. Granted, being forced to run two healers was a blessing in an area with lots of undead enemies, but like

I missed Freya and Steiner. Eiko is annoying and Amarant seems meh.

Also, I will take this moment to say that the limit break system in this game is trash for what I'm sure are well-documented reasons.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1448 on: 30 January, 2019, 12:36:28 am »

I think I dig the plant
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1449 on: 30 January, 2019, 06:51:23 am »

Same. I only did classic and some training but it seems fun. I like the side and down specials a lot. Not sure how to use neutral special in a useful way yet though.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1450 on: 30 January, 2019, 08:38:09 am »

I just played a few quick games against the CPU. I also like the side B but have to teach myself that it doesn't have hitstun. I can't see how down B will be useful, but neutral B is gonna be excellent for edgeguarding. You can cover high and low recovery if you use it well.

Edit: I have since realized that you can change the direction of the down-special move.
« Last Edit: 30 January, 2019, 12:24:42 pm by randomguy44 » Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1451 on: 31 January, 2019, 08:11:21 am »

Made it into the desert proper in BotW. I suspected it would work like a real desert (hot in the day, cold at night) and was glad to see it does. I don't have a ton of cooling potions, so I need to make some of those, and fortunately I've made it to the bazaar so that I can do so. I'm already getting the "You should go to Gerudo Town, oh you're a guy so they won't let you in, oops" thing, which honestly makes me just want to go out there first even without finding the outfit that will let me enter the city.

Before making it to the bazaar, I wandered off the road toward a shrine I had seen from the tower (and I appreciate that it was on top of Spectacle Rock), and wound up in a dust storm. It surprised me when I opened my map to try and figure out where my marker was and all I got was static. That's pretty cool and I wonder if it's localized to that specific part of the desert or if it can happen anywhere. I guess whenever I get around to dealing with Vah Naboris I'll probably find out. I'm not in a hurry, though.

Also, sand seals. I don't know if they're monsters or fauna, but I appreciate them.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1452 on: 31 January, 2019, 10:28:39 pm »

FFIX has suddenly turned into a game that has a space ship with a giant eye cannon and some old dude in black armor named Garland and I don't really know what to expect at this point except that Kuja is probably pissed.

Also Zidane is an alien or something.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1453 on: 01 February, 2019, 12:58:08 pm »

garland is cool and doesnt get enough time in the game imo
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1454 on: 01 February, 2019, 01:15:37 pm »

He reminds me of the bad guy from Bomberman Hero.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 ... 121   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: