Ultimate Paradise
18 March, 2024, 11:48:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

random games

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 ... 121   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: random games  (Read 19583 times)
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1470 on: 14 February, 2019, 01:24:42 pm »

We really don't. It's inconceivable that they're a three-man team.

I had a panic that this was going to announce a release date in the near future because it would torpedo the delicate balancing act I'm trying to pull off right now, but thankfully it's just an announcement and I get to look forward to dedicating myself to it in the future.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Masterman
Mood: Yandere

Yes.

« Reply #1471 on: 14 February, 2019, 06:27:57 pm »

I've been playing Apex Legends here and there since it came out. It's my first BR game and I think I get why it's fun. The lack of downtime is a nice plus. If you lose, you're back to the lobby and queuing for the next drop. There's a lot of tactics and strategy to be had. I like the scouting aspect. The tension. Waiting for the right moment to strike. Choosing the wrong moment and getting your squad wiped.

The game also feels really good to play. Movement is fluid, the guns feel good, and each character is pretty fun to play as. I've been picking Lifeline more often than not (partly because I have kills on her and don't want my card to embarrass me when I pick other characters), but I want to learn some of the others like Bloodhound or Pathfinder.
I have been meaning to try this. Sounds good from reading this.
I couldn't get into Blackout and I absolutely loathe Fortnite, so Apex seems to be a good BR to get into!
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1472 on: 14 February, 2019, 11:12:49 pm »

Yeah I feel pretty good having waited for this one to play this kind of game. Like I said, it feels really nice, and the balance between different characters and guns feels very good at the moment. Some of them like Gibraltar could probably do with some tweaks, but it's really fun overall.

There was a good article today on Kotaku talking about how one of the reasons the game is succeeding is that everyone in a squad can contribute, even if they aren't necessarily fragging out, and I would agree with that.

I actually got my first two wins last night playing as Pathfinder, and both games I made use of the Zipline to get to high ground so our team could get the drop on a squad.

--

I played through the Daemon X Machina demo tonight. It's aight. It looks like there will be a lot of depth to customizing the mech and your player character (I had all robotic limbs by the end of the demo), but it didn't feel amazing to play. Flying and moving around in the mech is fine, but it's hard to gauge how effective my weapons are on anything but basic enemies. Part of that might be that the weapons they give you access to were pretty limited in this case.

It's got a lot going on, so I'll be interested to see what people say about the full release.
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1473 on: 18 February, 2019, 11:30:02 am »

Notched 6 more wins in Apex this weekend. I unlocked Mirage and have really taken to him, much more than I expected. Turns out I win more fights when I can pinpoint the enemy and shoot them before they shoot me. I'm getting the tactics and strategy down, too. Feels good.

--

In bigger news, I've left the Gerudo desert, and I've taken the Thunder Helm with me, which I'm glad of. I briefly considered riding all the way east to Hateno village to die my Gerudo sets, but I figure it will make more sense to do that once I inevitably get another set from the Rito people. Instead, I headed north to the Korok Forest, through Central Hyrule.

It was a good reminder of why I typically avoid Central Hyrule. That place is lousy with Guardian Stalkers. I've been taking them on more often, and I've been putting work into learning the shield deflect timing, but I don't always get it. Long story short, I didn't have any shields left after this little venture. But I was taking that route because I was curious about a couple of things that I had seen on my map.

For one, there was the ruins of the ranch, which I somehow didn't expect to find. It was unmistakable, though. Almost more alarming than the Guardians crawling through there were the stal enemies on stal-horseback (!), which are actually quite willing to let you ride them afterward. I briefly considered riding one over to a stable, but before that something way more amusing happened. I dismounted and fed the horse an apple to see what would happen. It ate it... and then instantly decomposed. I was horrified but also laughing until I realized that the sun had just risen, and that's probably would did the monster in.

The other thing I stopped for was a memory, the scene of Zelda knighting Link. I think the performances could be better in a lot of these scenes, but I still like them fleshing out the relationship here. Anything for that signature Zelda sadness.

There was another scene waiting for me when I got to the forest, locked in the Master Sword. I enjoyed Zelda's exchange with the tree.

Also, I gather from the description that the sword only shoots beams when I'm fighting bosses? Or something? I thought you just had to have full health, but maybe I'm missing something there. I get that it doesn't want you to be able to use the sword at full power all the time and that's fine. Guess that's the same reason it's only a 30 STR weapon.

After that, I set out west toward the last cluster of regions left dark on my map. My present interest is the mountain that sometimes glows. I've seen it a couple of times but haven't had a convenient moment to get over there yet. I now know that it's called Mount Satori, which is interesting. Also I don't know how I would have climbed the Ridgelands Tower without the Thunder Helm. Probably would have wasted lots of arrows.

The mountain isn't glowing at the moment, but I've got the whole region to explore while I wait.

I'm having to readjust to rain after being in such an arid place for so long.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1474 on: 25 February, 2019, 01:46:06 pm »

Been slacking on my video game diary, here.

I played more Zelda last week, accomplishing the following:

- Completed my initial survey of Hyrule Ridge.
- Tamed the pure white horse and named it Argent.
- Climbed Mt. Satori and communed with the forest god Lord of the Mountain.
- Crossed the Tabantha Great Bridge, entering Rito territory. Made my way to the tower there, and then onward to Rito Village.
- Purchased warm clothes. Did a few shrines in the nearby area. Maxed out my stamina wheel.
- Boarded Vah Medoh with the aid of Teba (fun sequence). Purified the Divine Beast and defeated Windblight Ganon. Fun fight, though not challenging, and probably my favorite Beast.
- Rode up to the Hebra Tower and synced that, completing my map of Hyrule.

So now I'll be preparing for the final fight, though those preparations stand to be lengthy. I'm supposed to go talk to Impa first of all, and that might be a good call as a way of recentering me for my next wave of exploration, but I also want to sort out the matter of those snow boots while I'm relatively in this neck of the woods (that being the Western side of the map).

Anyway, it's probably time for me to learn how to fight Lynels.

--

Been playing Apex at a steady pace. I've got at least 10 wins on Mirage now, but I don't seem to have much luck when I try other Legends.

Have fallen off of FFIX and Astroneer in the past week, but I'm hoping to return to them this week.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1475 on: 04 March, 2019, 08:59:29 am »

After getting Dark Samus to 3 million GSP, I decided I should play some other characters.

I either get close wins as Mega Man or I get stomped. There are some tough matchups with him, especially Palutena. I still struggle with control a lot, too. Doing moves I don't mean to do.

One thing in general I notice I'm bad about is habitually trying to do moves almost off of muscle memory that I would use a lot on one character but that's bad on other characters. Like I use up-tilt a lot with Samus cause it has great coverage at the ledge and can hit someone on a platform (though I've been getting punished a lot more on the windup, I've noticed). But then I find myself up-tilting a lot with Mega Man, too, and that is not a move you can just throw out because he can get punished super hard if it doesn't connect. So that's just something I need to do better as a player.

Anyway, I also played a match as Samus, which I should do more because that's free roster GSP. Played a game or two with Cloud. Tried two games with Snake and just got absolutely destroyed because I don't think I've touched him since December.

I heard that to get into elite Smash you have to play basically every day, which makes sense. Kinda puts a damper on my hopes of getting into it, but I'll just have to see. Game's not dead for me yet.

--

I put some good time into FFIX this weekend and I've made it to Disc 4 finally. Now there's a medium-sized list of endgame stuff for me to do before I go finish it. If I have it my way, I'll have beaten the game by the end of this coming weekend.

--

Apex: Still really fun. My friend and I went on a hot streak Saturday night, winning 4 games, including 3 of our last 4.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1476 on: 04 March, 2019, 01:01:50 pm »

This doc reveals things about the development of this game I wasn't aware of, and it makes me appreciate the finished product and its realization all the more.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1477 on: 04 March, 2019, 08:27:05 pm »

I made it into Elite Smash once a while ago. I lost it after one battle, and it was just downhill from there. It's just not obtainable for me at this point. The people who get to 3.8+ million are absolutely bonkers. Even the spammers find ridiculously clever ways to spam at that level of skill.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1478 on: 04 March, 2019, 11:55:01 pm »

I've noticed that most of the people I lose to now (on my good characters) are to people in that 3.8 range.

Played a few matches with the LAN adapter tonight and I only really noticed lag in one of them, so that's nice. Might just be placebo, though.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1479 on: 05 March, 2019, 11:44:37 am »

i only smash with you guys and other friends everyone else is too scary oops
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1480 on: 05 March, 2019, 11:46:35 am »

would that our sessions were enough to sate my smash lust
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1481 on: 18 March, 2019, 08:33:51 am »

I've determined that I'm not actually ready for Sekiro to come out

I need that game like three months from now
Report Spam   Logged

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #1482 on: 18 March, 2019, 11:11:57 am »

I still haven't booted DMC5 yet, it should be illegal for those two games to release so close together.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1483 on: 23 March, 2019, 04:46:16 pm »

Played Sekiro for like two hours last night. Haven't fought a boss yet other than the prologue boss (it was a short fight).

So far I'm really enjoying how the game feels and the fact that there is a living training dummy. What I'm struggling with so far is choosing the right reaction between jumping, dodging, and parrying. Gonna feel good to get that down.

also there are some large animals in this world
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1484 on: 23 March, 2019, 08:36:53 pm »

The shinobi hunter in the first memory repeatedly made a fool out of me, but I finally took him down. Also I don't know if this memory thing is the first thing I should be doing because I still haven't fought a boss yet. Two of the prosthetic tools were here, so that seems worthwhile. Need to see where it leads me anyway.

also dragonrot seems bad but I'm gonna keep dying so I'm just not gonna worry about that for now
« Last Edit: 24 April, 2019, 10:42:17 am by Random » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 ... 121   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: