Ultimate Paradise
19 March, 2024, 03:15:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

random games

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 ... 121   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: random games  (Read 19587 times)
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1500 on: 28 March, 2019, 12:27:38 am »

Another solid night where I have sacrificed sleep for shinobi success.

My goal tonight was to go around picking fights to see where I could progress. I went back to the underbridge valley and followed the path to the scary guy named Headless. I have no idea how to beat him, but I'm guessing it involves snap seeds. Didn't want to waste time dying to him.

I went across the bridge over the reservoir and killed a guy swinging a bell around. That put me at another entrance to the Abandoned Dungeon. There are things that don't die in there, which is not great. Also a shady dude asked me to send him a strong samurai warrior. I had one in mind, so I traveled to the bottomless hole and talked to music boy. The options I was given did not actually make me feel good about myself, but I still sent him on his way to the Abandoned Dungeon. I don't yet know what has become of him.

Then I actually jumped into the hole, and that leads to Ashina Depths, which is poison town. There's also a guy there with a big gun that I might be able to take? But I didn't feel like trying because again there was a lot of poison.

Oh I also tried fighting the scary guy right before the bottomless hole and he killed me with Terror. No thanks.

Last name on my list was one I was looking forward to. At this point, Juzou was a piece of piss. Having extra posture and extra posture damage definitely made a difference, but fighting other dudes has better prepared me for his attacks.

That wasn't the crowning moment of the night, though. No, that would be Lady Butterfly. Fun fight. I went in there the first several times just seeing what she would do. I also knew that I had a limited number of snap seeds, so I wanted to feel pretty confident when I actually started using them. She has at least two really good openings for an Ichimonji, too, which just feels great to connect with. Crazy cutscene afterward.

I should have stopped there, but I'm dumb and decided to head up the steps into Ashina Castle. Killed the general on the steps, which confirmed my suspicions that there would be some repeat minibosses along the way.

I got bamboozled by the Nightjars twice on the same run. The guy who just explodes?? ate my resurrection, and then I couldn't get myself turned around to deflect the skydiving dude that I knew was coming. So that was frustrating, and I was merciless cutting all of them down the second time across the rooftops.

Now I'm in the upper floors except I still didn't stop there because I went back to the temple and talked to the new merchant I found who sells information, and he was selling a thing about a pagoda off the bamboo trail that I missed the first time. There was another shadow longswordsman who didn't fare nearly as well as his friend from earlier. Now I have a prosthetic that lets me go poof.

Phew. I'm gonna hit this game really hard this weekend.
« Last Edit: 24 April, 2019, 10:47:47 am by Random » Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1501 on: 28 March, 2019, 08:14:12 am »

this week is the busiest of the quarter for me so i haven't had a chance to play much and im so JEALOUS
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1502 on: 28 March, 2019, 04:39:42 pm »

this week is the busiest of the quarter for me so i haven't had a chance to play much and im so JEALOUS
this. I am going deep this weekend though
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1503 on: 28 March, 2019, 08:31:07 pm »

y'all are probably gonna blow past me
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1504 on: 28 March, 2019, 11:21:44 pm »

The first two phases of the Genichiro re-fight are amazing, and I feel pretty good about them, but then something happens and I'm not sure I actually want to finish this fight before I've gone and explored elsewhere.
« Last Edit: 24 April, 2019, 10:48:07 am by Random » Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1505 on: 29 March, 2019, 10:48:29 am »

The first two phases of the Genichiro re-fight are amazing, and I feel pretty good about them, but then something happens and I'm not sure I actually want to finish this fight before I've gone and explored elsewhere.

that was a good fight, the sword guy fights are a lot better in this game than in souls or bloodborne

I don't think it restricts your ability to explore anything if you beat him, although I had made a detour and did a certain area just about in full before fighting him that you're supposed to do after.
« Last Edit: 24 April, 2019, 10:48:38 am by Random » Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1506 on: 29 March, 2019, 04:05:11 pm »

Oh ok. I think in my sleep deprived state I had somehow talked myself into thinking "wait crap is this the final boss? I should go look around more" but after sleeping on it that doesn't make much sense

And yeah, leans into the kind of duel that I think is actually From's strength more so than other kinds of fights. I think it is probably the best pure sword fighting game I've ever played.
« Last Edit: 24 April, 2019, 10:48:54 am by Random » Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1507 on: 29 March, 2019, 05:45:42 pm »

I actually usually don't like those kind of fights in their previous games (at least not to the same degree as other people do) but they're extremely good here. I've only encountered one monster style boss and normally that would bug me but the bosses I've fought so far are good so it don't matter.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1508 on: 29 March, 2019, 06:42:58 pm »

I beat him and I actually saw the popup for the lightning counter, which is radical.

Sadly, this game might be too awesome for my PC. It's hard crashed due to overheating 4 times now, something I wish had happened within the first two hours of play. Seems like the boss fights push it over the edge, which is weird 'cause I'd feel like there's less going on there. Could be that particular vista?

I'm gonna look into some stuff, but this might expedite the upgrades I want to make to my rig.
« Last Edit: 24 April, 2019, 10:49:15 am by Random » Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1509 on: 30 March, 2019, 12:41:09 am »

I have ordered a multimeter to test my PSU that should arrive Sunday. Tomorrow, I'm going to venture out in search of compressed air.

My sword will not be sheathed for long, damnit.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1510 on: 31 March, 2019, 11:33:34 am »

Blasted the dust out of my machine last night and then booted up the game to see what would happen. Was able to play for about an hour and a half without issue. Prior shutdowns always happened in and around boss fights, though, and without doing one of those it's too early to make a conclusion.

I seem to have entered the "go get Lord souls" portion of the game where I'm being sent in several different directions. Talked to Kuro for a while, then Isshin (I like that aha moment), and then Emma, then Kuro again. Of all the leads I got, heading to Senpou temple seemed like the least of a pain in the ass. Before going I did stop by Blackhat Badger to buy the shield, so at least I can stand a chance going against those sniper people now. Worked out 'cause he then relocated to Mt. Kongo.

That first area there is really fun. Lots of grapple points and tall grass and dudes to mess up my new bloodsmoke ability on. I found one big sad boy who wants a flower. Found Badger who wants me to do something with the kite, but apparently killing the dude who runs the kite is not it. And I found an old lady (the same old lady?) who wants rice. There's a memorial mob nearby who sells rice, but I can't afford it yet.

Stopped at the second sculpture in the temple area.

Also I found what must be this game's illusory wall, which just links Kuro's room and the sculptor's temple. That one seems like a tutorial type thing, so I'm guessing there are others in the world that are much more hidden. I kinda want to go looking for them.

The multimeter arrived, so I'll hopefully know if there's something worse going on with my computer today.
« Last Edit: 31 July, 2019, 08:27:53 am by Random » Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1511 on: 31 March, 2019, 04:06:37 pm »

I love Senpou temple. Such a cool location, fighting evil kung-fu monks is the dream.
« Last Edit: 24 April, 2019, 10:49:47 am by Random » Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1512 on: 31 March, 2019, 05:09:01 pm »

Have confirmed that my PSU is failing. High voltage processes (like, graphics) are not getting the correct voltage, so that's forcing shutdown when it gets out of hand. At least I know what's wrong now.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1513 on: 31 March, 2019, 10:46:20 pm »

In spite of all that, I continue to push my luck.

the armored knight fight is funny

Fighting up the mountain was hectic, and I have no idea how you're supposed to get around the porch of the Main Hall when there's three of those dual-blade dudes there. I just grappled around them.

I stopped upon arriving in the Hall of Illusions

I don't particularly like monkeys, but I'm hoping I can't actually die in here. I have a lot of money currently. >_>
« Last Edit: 24 April, 2019, 10:50:03 am by Random » Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1514 on: 01 April, 2019, 07:33:38 am »

armored knight is my favorite mini-boss so far, made me feel all warm and nostalgic inside
« Last Edit: 24 April, 2019, 10:50:20 am by Random » Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 ... 121   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: