Ultimate Paradise
19 March, 2024, 03:27:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

random games

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 ... 121   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: random games  (Read 19589 times)
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1515 on: 01 April, 2019, 02:04:57 pm »

armored knight is my favorite mini-boss so far, made me feel all warm and nostalgic inside
I was initially confused because I remembered eavesdropping on some guards who suggested I could pull armor off of someone using the spear prosthetic, but that's not this guy apparently

the actual solution is way funnier
« Last Edit: 24 April, 2019, 10:50:41 am by Random » Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1516 on: 02 April, 2019, 04:39:35 pm »

New power supply has been ordered. It will be here Friday.
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1517 on: 02 April, 2019, 11:24:58 pm »

I now posses the Mortal Blade, and it is rad.

I didn't even think of the monkey business as a boss fight when it pulled me in there the other day, and even when I loaded the game tonight and wasn't still in the Hall of Illusions, I didn't think anything of it. I guess the health bar should have tipped me off. Either way, I didn't realize what was happening until it told me I had acquired a new memory of a strong foe.

I feel like I got really lucky in there, as well. Only had one real scare where there were three terror monkeys chasing me at once, and they ran me straight into the invisible monkey that I didn't even know about.

Went back and chatted to Kuro about the sword, and then I remembered someone else who would probably want to know about it. Alas, I can't bring myself to kill poor Hanbei yet. What if I get a new skill I want to try?

which reminds me I need to remember to test the new ninjutsu I got from that fight
« Last Edit: 24 April, 2019, 10:50:56 am by Random » Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1518 on: 03 April, 2019, 07:18:20 am »

oh shit I didn't even think to use the mortal blade on Hanbei, shiiiiiiiiiit
« Last Edit: 24 April, 2019, 10:51:06 am by Random » Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1519 on: 03 April, 2019, 08:08:25 am »

the exchange you have with him if you decline is really sad, so I'm gonna make sure to do it at some point
« Last Edit: 24 April, 2019, 10:51:17 am by Random » Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1520 on: 05 April, 2019, 09:35:12 am »

Beat the long-armed centipede last night. Great example of a boss that beats itself if your deflects are on point.

Also found the Senpou skill tree and figured out what to do with the kite, although on the other side I'm not actually sure how to get down into the valley? I can't seem to survive that jump.

Either way, I think I'm done with Mt. Kongo for now. I warped to the serpent shrine and made my way properly into the Sunken Valley, so I guess that's what I'm doing next. Gonna make liberal use of that umbrella shield.
« Last Edit: 24 April, 2019, 10:51:25 am by Random » Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1521 on: 06 April, 2019, 01:41:57 am »

Only played a little bit tonight. PSU arrived so I'm not trying to tempt fate until I get that installed.

I backed out of the Sunken Valley because I had a gourd seed to exchange and I decided to head back to the Ashina Depths to see how that area felt after all this time. Killed the Snake Eyes lady there after not too much trouble. That puts me up to my Fourth Prayer Necklace.

So now I'm in the Hidden Forest, home to fog people and monkeys with guns. Stopped there after an unfortunate death to Toku-something the Glutton (misjudged a dodge on a grab). Might keep pushing into this area before I head back to the other place.
« Last Edit: 24 April, 2019, 10:51:40 am by Random » Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1522 on: 06 April, 2019, 09:45:50 pm »

Well if that's not a good stress test for the new PSU, I don't know what is.

I went past the mist. Tokujiro is dead (not a pretty fight, but it worked), the Mist Sage(?) was just kind of there? Then things got spookier. For being the place where all the balloons come from, Mibu Village isn't very cheerful. Once it was clear that people were coming back to life and coming out of the ground, I basically just ran around grabbing items. Got to the next idol and then ran into O'Rin of the Water. I've basically accepted that, this being my first run through this game, I'm basically going to miss most of the interactions I could be having with NPCs, so I killed her. Took me several tries but I eventually figured her out.

And then I proceeded to get bullied by the Corrupted Monk for close to an hour. I'm not sure what was throwing me off, but it was one of those fights where I was just doing everything wrong. Dodging when I should have jumped, jumping when I should have Mikiri'd, attacking when I should have been blocking. That thing just does insane posture damage if you miss a single deflect. Also the last hit of its spin to win move, I swear, is barely off rhythm, so it tripped me up almost every time.

Eventually I put a pretty clean fight together and finished it off. Firecracker helped a lot.

I've got this cave open now, but I'm gonna head back and find someone to offer these sake bottles I'm carrying around first.

I also set my graphics back to high after having dropped them to medium and as far as I can tell there weren't any issues. So that's quite nice.
« Last Edit: 24 April, 2019, 10:52:01 am by Random » Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1523 on: 07 April, 2019, 10:25:05 pm »

This game is a trip. Only played for an hour tonight but it was an eventful one.

I decided to do some backtracking because it bothered me that I seemed to be missing prosthetic tools. I went back to Ashina Castle and did the obvious thing I didn't do before, which was jump down from the Antechamber, so I finally found Sabimaru, which (unsurprisingly) is rad.

I went around getting people drunk, too, which is nice. I kinda worry Isshin is gonna stab me in the back somehow, but it's just a feeling. Didn't expect Emma to partake either.

Then I went back to the cave that the monk was guarding and oops that's the end of that road I should have just gone in and grabbed the stone last night. Oh well.

Back to the Sunken Valley and holy fuck the approach to the Gun Fort is a rush. I kinda brute forced the other Snake Eyes miniboss heading toward Mibu Village, but this one I actually had to learn to fight. I'm noticing a trend where the game expects you to be able to be able to beat minibosses without a free stealth deathblow the farther I progress, and I'm fine with that. The next centipede I fought was still really easy.

And lo, I found another prosthetic tool. The Divine Abduction is... hilarious? I went to use it on the big boy on Mt. Kongo 'cause that's what he wanted, but then I tested it on some of the monks and man, what a laugh.

Oh also I got the projected force skill which makes the umbrella shield awesome against the big shotgun guys. That thing carried me.

The combat in this game, man.

Also From put a swimming stealth section in this game, and it worked.
« Last Edit: 24 April, 2019, 10:52:26 am by Random » Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1524 on: 08 April, 2019, 07:24:01 pm »

Went back to some other places that I realized I could probably dive in.

Miyazaki straight up put a Headless underwater

mad man
« Last Edit: 24 April, 2019, 10:52:37 am by Random » Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1525 on: 08 April, 2019, 08:26:22 pm »

mad man

i've only fought one headless and i hate it, i can't imagine doing the water one
« Last Edit: 24 April, 2019, 10:52:51 am by Random » Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1526 on: 08 April, 2019, 09:22:11 pm »

mad man

I've only fought one headless and i hate it, i can't imagine doing the water one
apparently one of the shield upgrades trivializes the apparition enemies. I'm still missing one of the tools I need to unlock that upgrade, though
« Last Edit: 24 April, 2019, 10:53:22 am by Random » Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1527 on: 08 April, 2019, 11:47:49 pm »

I'm not sure I've ever been more bamboozled by a boss in a From game.

So there I was, feeling pretty good about myself for having killed the Guardian Ape on my second try. Another one of those "learn the moves, then go in and fight for real" jams, right?

"Shinobi Execution," and what an execution it was. I wonder who put that sword in big boy's neck?

Anyway, I'm fiddling with something trying to see if I can get a capture of that, and then uh

it got back up

and started drunken boxing me with that sword

and then it screamed on me and I died

I took a walk down to the other end of the poison pit to collect myself. Like I was shaken by what just happened. Got beat up by a white monkey with two blades. He'll get what's coming to him.

Came back and got to work. They really don't want you to beat this game without knowing how to deflect, huh? I can't help but feel like I'm missing some opportunities in this fight, but by playing patient and cautious (something I'm less used to doing in this game), I finally put together a good run. It took all of my healing to do it, and I was a hit away from dying, but damn if I didn't get it.

So now I've got a flower and I have all the prosthetic tools and I can't fast travel to anywhere in Ashina Castle. Gonna have to do some cleanup and then go see what's up with that.
« Last Edit: 24 April, 2019, 10:53:47 am by Random » Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1528 on: 09 April, 2019, 05:11:46 pm »

I continue to feel uneasy about the questline with Dosaku's apprentice, and now the dude is just gone, and so is the samurai guy. I don't know where to pick up the trail for that one.

Also I remembered something and went back to where I found the red and white pinwheel now, thinking maybe Kotaro would be there or something. Instead there's an apparition of an Ashina samurai. He's a free 620 exp, but I can't figure out what else to do with him. Thought I could try the puppeteer ninjutsu on him, but it doesn't even give the option.

I did go kill the Shichiman warrior near the bottomless hole and I can confirm that the purple umbrella shield is super effective. So that's good, at least.
« Last Edit: 24 April, 2019, 10:54:07 am by Random » Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1529 on: 09 April, 2019, 11:22:32 pm »

figured out what to do with the kite, although on the other side I'm not actually sure how to get down into the valley? I can't seem to survive that jump.
I found out what to do here and it's probably the most metal thing that's ever been in a video game

I now have both the fresh and dried "fruit," which I believe means I've got everything I need for this ritual or whatever.

I also went and killed the first Headless using the shield, which is doable, but it's extremely resource intensive. It wouldn't have been possible without the ceremonial tanto either because I needed to refresh my emblems. And I had to resurrect twice. So it's nooooot exactly optimal, but now I have Ako on demand.

I had wondered why only the dungeon idol was available at the Castle, and it's clear now that they intend you to approach from this way (If you warp to the front gate, it's shut).

And the castle is under assault.

It seems clear that this is the end game or the beginning of it, so I'm now going to spend some time grinding I think. I want to buy more prosthetic upgrades and also fill out some of my skill trees. 'bout to make myself comfortable in Mibu Village.
« Last Edit: 24 April, 2019, 10:54:32 am by Random » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 ... 121   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: