Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 06:57:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

random games

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 121   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: random games  (Read 19713 times)
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #30 on: 08 March, 2016, 06:54:15 pm »

good luck without a shield bro
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #31 on: 08 March, 2016, 07:04:08 pm »

...beasts all over the shop...
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #32 on: 08 March, 2016, 07:35:58 pm »

a shaggy dog killed me

I took the cane and the pistol because I picked Professional, so those weapons scaled well with my high starting "Skill."
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #33 on: 08 March, 2016, 08:13:18 pm »

this feels like a very different game
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #34 on: 08 March, 2016, 08:15:52 pm »

I could never use the cane for some reason. Did you fight the Cleric Beast yet?
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #35 on: 08 March, 2016, 08:58:31 pm »

I have not. I've had a hell of a time just getting past the initial mob of dudes. Once I finally did I got killed by some more shaggy dogs up on top of a bridge.

The cane feels like a mistake. Not a lot of stopping power.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #36 on: 08 March, 2016, 09:07:42 pm »

Well, you're still pretty early enough in the game where you could always restart. I loved the Hunter's Axe as a starter weapon personally. I used it for my entire playthrough, until I got the Whirligig Saw in the DLC.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #37 on: 08 March, 2016, 09:19:11 pm »

I'm on the verge of accomplishing nothing tonight, so I'm probably gonna start over tomorrow. Getting a bit of a wakeup call.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #38 on: 08 March, 2016, 09:24:12 pm »

welcome to bloodborne lol
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #39 on: 08 March, 2016, 10:05:17 pm »

I managed to get a little bit further by walking past the big dogs. Dropped down into a sewer-ish area, fought some gnarly dudes and some big rats. Found the Hunter's Garb, so I know where that is now. Climbed out of the sewer, opened a shortcut, and then I was back at the dogs, and they killed me.

So tomorrow I'll take that axe instead and maybe get somewhere.

I really haven't seen any of what I'd assume are "friendly" people to talk to, aside from knocking on doors. Like I'm assuming there's someone or something at the Hunter's Dream that will let me level up?

Other basic knowledge I've gathered is that I shouldn't worry about "wasting" blood vials. They seem plentiful. Same with bullets, though I'm nowhere near to getting the timing for the gun. I kinda stuck to the torch once I got that.

But yeah, the cane just doesn't have the stopping power I really enjoy. Feels like the falchion all over again. Definitely going to start over tomorrow with the axe, but what's the cleaver like?
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #40 on: 08 March, 2016, 10:30:59 pm »

The cleaver is also pretty good, and it's a pretty popular starting weapon. It has some weight to it, and it's faster than the axe. However, I didn't think it's transformed state was much different aside from having a little more reach. I preferred the axe, because it doubles as a halberd, so there's quite a bit of moveset variety. I'd say go with the axe if you want Strength. The cleaver might be useful if you want to try for Skill, but I think you could even start off with the axe if you decide to go for Skill, since the Axe's scaling between Strength and Skill isn't that different until you start to reach like +3 or +4 or something.

You'll find NPCs, but they aren't as plentiful as in Dark Souls, nor do they stop by in the Hunter's Dream. They have their own little place where you can send them later on. It's not too far off from where you are. However, you can find Eileen in the beginning of the game. I'd recommend looking up where to find her since she's kind of hidden (or just explore yourself), because her quest line is fun and gives you a really amazing Skill-based weapon by the end.

Also, shoot the dogs. Guns are extremely effective at knocking them away. It's just a good way to give yourself some space...I agree that they're horrible enemies, but the hunter's pistol made them much more manageable for me.

that's just my beginner's advice i guess
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #41 on: 09 March, 2016, 05:36:08 am »

I had a hell of a time starting out as well (I had a hell of hell of a time in general actually.) For what it's worth, I picked the cleaver because the serrations do extra damage against the shaggy dog guys (I think just in its shorter form.)

also if you find an item called madman's knowledge use it asap
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #42 on: 09 March, 2016, 10:22:48 am »

I did find one of those, so at least I know where one is now.

Also remembered that I hadn't bought Old Hunters yet, so I've done that now.

I've looked at a few "tips" guides and I'm kinda torn between the axe and the cleaver. Think I'll probably just start with the axe and buy the cleaver as soon as I can.

What was your starting build?
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #43 on: 09 March, 2016, 11:16:46 am »

I did Cleaver and Blunderbuss at the start with I want to say Violent Past or Military Veteran? Or maybe even Lone Survivor. I can't recall right away but I mostly did strength this time around since I never quite got the hang of parrying and there were just more strength weapons available (outside of the DLC I think.) I ended up using Ludwig's Holy Blade through the entirety of the game once I got it.

Old Hunters is (unsurprisingly) really great through most of it so be glad you got it. There's one boss that was literally my waking nightmare and among my most loathed bosses in the series but otherwise its mostly uniformly great even when I was considering giving up.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #44 on: 09 March, 2016, 11:24:59 am »

At one point last night I foolishly thought "Well since there's no shields, at least there's no parrying," but then reading stuff today I realize "oops no parrying is still everything." Also I don't think I would have figured out how to backstab without looking it up.

Heard good things about LHB, so I guess I'll look out for that.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 121   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: