Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 04:54:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

random games

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 121   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: random games  (Read 19862 times)
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #45 on: 09 March, 2016, 11:34:51 am »

Its even bigger than before. In the other games you can ignore it entirely but lots of bosses in this almost require it (which is why I struggled with a few them majorly.) And backstabbing I think I did once. I found the charge was more useful for just doing huge damage since the charge up time was usually never enough for me to get the enemy before they turned around.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #46 on: 09 March, 2016, 11:46:54 am »

Did you find yourself using the transformation attacks a lot? Or is that more super high level play?
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #47 on: 09 March, 2016, 11:51:28 am »

I generally didn't. A buddy of mine swears by them but I never found myself using them.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #48 on: 09 March, 2016, 12:51:44 pm »

Honestly, I don't think you need to use parrying so much. I used it to whatever extent, and I certainly got much better at timing for it when I played more of the game (at least for certain bosses and enemies), but I didn't rely on it. It can make some bosses easier, but if it's hard for you to pull off, then it's better to just learn how to time your dodges and do a counterattack. Bloodborne is a very fast and aggressive game, so it encourages that style of play anyways. I also think that's more fun to be honest.
« Last Edit: 09 March, 2016, 12:53:17 pm by Upgraded-Form » Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #49 on: 09 March, 2016, 12:56:12 pm »

M'kay. Well I'm ready for work to be over so I can get back to it.
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #50 on: 09 March, 2016, 06:58:38 pm »

Let's try this again.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #51 on: 09 March, 2016, 08:35:54 pm »

Update.

The axe is so much better. It has drastically increased my enjoyment of dying a lot.

I got the lefthand shortcut open but haven't been using it because I keep wanting to go to the sewer instead because I keep dying down there for dumb reasons, and I didn't want to lose my echoes. But then I got caught in the werewolf mob and they lynched me, so I don't have to worry about that anymore. I had also wanted to get back to that Madman's Knowledge that I got on the other side, but maybe I'll find it down a different path.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #52 on: 09 March, 2016, 08:50:36 pm »

Those werewolves were seriously unforgiving.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #53 on: 09 March, 2016, 08:53:28 pm »

also don't forget about the standard "run past everything" strategy

it works wonders
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #54 on: 09 March, 2016, 08:58:33 pm »

I meant the mob burning the werewolf, but yeah.

Found the otherside of the sewers. Went through some kind of rafters place. So now I have the knowledge, which I guess I can use now that I've died again? Seriously thought I had the timing for the troll's attacks, but apparently not so much.

Also talked to a girl and agreed to find her mother. She gave me a music box, and based on the description, I have a feeling it won't be a happy story.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #55 on: 09 March, 2016, 09:13:01 pm »

Cheesed those werewolves on the bridge by luring them to a door they couldn't get through lol

I have a decent number of souls now so I'm just going back to the HD to level up.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #56 on: 09 March, 2016, 09:29:10 pm »

Leveled up myself and my weapons, so now I guess I'll go try to find that boss and give it a try. Nearing the end of my playtime tonight, though.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #57 on: 09 March, 2016, 10:39:33 pm »

The Cleric Beast is slaughtered. Did it in one go, but I'll confess to having watched a video that had me more than prepared. It was part of a general tips guide I was watching, but going forward, I won't be doing that until after I've attempted a boss. I'm at peace with it though because I think I needed the confidence boost.

After that, I went back in, killed that big executioner dude and got some kind of gem stone. I don't think I can use it yet because it doesn't give me any options at the workshop when I try.

Also Gehrman is gone now? I can't find him anymore.

Anyway. I went back to the rafters and fell down into more rats, but not before cutting down a sawspear. Followed the sewers all the way down figuring that they were probably what Gilbert meant by "aqueduct." Killed a big pig, got the saw badge so I can buy weapons now.

There's a pit behind where the pig was, and there's a message saying my faith will be rewarded if I take a step, but I dunno whether to trust it.

Went back and climbed up a ladder, activated another sweet shortcut. Then I crossed a small bridge. Some dudes tried to Indiana Jones me, but it backfired on them.

Beyond that was a staircase and a lot of foreboding messages, and I figured I should stop while I had 5400 souls in hand. I know the second boss to be rather infamous, so I'll wait and try that tomorrow.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #58 on: 10 March, 2016, 12:02:51 am »

he's a good one
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #59 on: 10 March, 2016, 07:02:55 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 121   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: