Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 03:54:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

random games

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 121   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: random games  (Read 19848 times)
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #105 on: 13 March, 2016, 01:07:34 pm »

It's not really a problem. I had a ton of insight actually by the end of my playthrough. But I also didn't summon much.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #106 on: 13 March, 2016, 01:42:26 pm »

I suppose you would have to be hopelessly bad to run the risk of running out.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #107 on: 13 March, 2016, 02:42:07 pm »

Currently cutting my way through Hemwick Charnal Lane. Not having a tough time of it, but I turned around once I got to some stairs leading down into a basement. I have about 30k echoes, so I don't really want to risk putting them too far beyond reach. No idea what's at the end of this, but I read that the tool I need to use runes is somewhere in this area, so I'm kinda after that. I'm also just trying to explore as much as I can before advancing to night time, as that just seems like a decent idea.
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #108 on: 13 March, 2016, 02:50:56 pm »

A couple of the lanterns I've lit now don't show up when I try to warp to them from the headstone. The one for Hemwick, the Abandoned Workshop, and the Unseen Village aren't listed. Kind of annoying.

Edit: Yeah, my desire to explore that area is seriously impeded by the fact that lantern doesn't work. Shortcuts don't do a lot of good when I have to trek back from the cathedral.

Re-edit: Ok, so the headstones next to the main one actually list those missing lanterns. Frustration fixed.
« Last Edit: 13 March, 2016, 03:24:35 pm by randomguy44 » Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #109 on: 13 March, 2016, 04:12:28 pm »

I put down the Witches of Hemwick. Kind of an odd fight. Reminded me of the Fool's Idol, actually.

And now I have the rune tool, so yeah. I guess the last thing I'll try to do is fight whatever is behind the gaol, and then we'll let the sun set finally.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #110 on: 13 March, 2016, 05:09:16 pm »

Darkbeast Paarl has a really cool design. He wasn't terribly difficult, but I still enjoyed that fight.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #111 on: 13 March, 2016, 05:17:44 pm »

Darkbeast Paarl has a really cool design. He wasn't terribly difficult, but I still enjoyed that fight.

Agreed, he's great.

i am also loving all of this
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #112 on: 13 March, 2016, 05:19:29 pm »

He was pretty neat. Love me some lightning effects. Defector whatshisface helped me there, though he unfortunately died during the fight.

So me and Djura are pals now, though I'm not sure what happens if I kill things in Old Yharnam now that I've said I would spare them. He strikes me as highly sane, compared to everyone else I've met. "They're not beasts. They're people."

But with that done, I can't see anything else to do, so I've let the moon come up, and I'm now entering the Forbidden Woods. I'll probably stop soon for dinner, and possibly for the night.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #113 on: 13 March, 2016, 05:30:07 pm »

well that sure was a swinging log trap
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #114 on: 13 March, 2016, 05:34:27 pm »

probably my favorite post so far
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #115 on: 13 March, 2016, 05:46:17 pm »

I guess I have access to the DLC now. Messengers showed up with the key item when I went back to the HD from the Forbidden Woods. I guess just let me know when it's a good idea to go do that?
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #116 on: 13 March, 2016, 06:09:29 pm »

Save it for endgame. Definitely not a good idea to use it now. That DLC is hard shit.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #117 on: 13 March, 2016, 06:23:23 pm »

Figures as much.

The Forbidden Woods are neat. I stopped once I unlocked a shortcut elevator back to the lantern. Valtr was there, but for now I'm not gonna join The League. Fantasy football seems out of place in Yharnam, but I guess it's a nice place on nights other than this one.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #118 on: 13 March, 2016, 06:34:45 pm »

*bad comedy drums*
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #119 on: 13 March, 2016, 07:55:47 pm »

I guess I should note that I played through the main mission from Ground Zeroes last night. On my mind a lot of the time was the fact that Konami sold that disc for $30.

Coming from Peace Walker, it was quite a bit harder, even on normal mode. There's just a lot more going on, it's a lot harder to tranq dudes from across the map, it's easier to be seen, and so on. None of this is unexpected, but I can't say everything went smoothly. Definitely died once, and I'm really unsure of the best way to get Paz out of the basement, but what I did doesn't seem like it was the ideal route. Like in Peace Walker, the thing that always screws me most in the missions ratings is time, as I'm really slow moving.

I still like the experience, though. It's very cool, and it controls well. I'm for sure gonna do all the extra ops included on the disc just to keep getting a better feel for how it works. It makes for a nice break from Bloodborne every few days, anyhow.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 121   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: