Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 06:12:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

random games

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 121   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: random games  (Read 19873 times)
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #405 on: 16 April, 2016, 04:22:25 pm »

I like the Irythyl Straight Sword. A fine prize from that outrider knight that killed me three times.

Made my way down the Road of Sacrifices after that. I skirted the little swamp area because I didn't really want to venture out there if I didn't have to, and I saw from afar that there appears to be a giant enemy crab in there. Dealt with the black knight, then went the other way through the stone keep that's kinda there. The Crystal Sage killed me once because magic, but I killed him easily when I switched back to an axe (I'm using the Brigand Axe now because it looks cooler) and a wooden shield. Anticipating fighting another one based on the description of its soul, but it could be that it was just referring to the decoys.

Gonna go back and check out the crab swamp now before I press on.

Crystal Sage seems like what Pinwheel should have been as a boss, even though Pinwheel is a cool character.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #406 on: 16 April, 2016, 04:32:38 pm »

I like the Irythyl Straight Sword. A fine prize from that outrider knight that killed me three times.

Made my way down the Road of Sacrifices after that. I skirted the little swamp area because I didn't really want to venture out there if I didn't have to, and I saw from afar that there appears to be a giant enemy crab in there. Dealt with the black knight, then went the other way through the stone keep that's kinda there. The Crystal Sage killed me once because magic, but I killed him easily when I switched back to an axe (I'm using the Brigand Axe now because it looks cooler) and a wooden shield. Anticipating fighting another one based on the description of its soul, but it could be that it was just referring to the decoys.

Gonna go back and check out the crab swamp now before I press on.

Crystal Sage seems like what Pinwheel should have been as a boss, even though Pinwheel is a cool character.
I still think neither Pinwheel nor Crystal Sage are up to snuff compared to Fool's Idol, though.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #407 on: 16 April, 2016, 04:44:38 pm »

At least you have to fight this guy in sequence instead of being able to skip Pinwheel until he's a joke.

also i'm now in the cathedral of the deep and there are spaghetti monsters hitting me and I can't stop bleeding weh
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #408 on: 16 April, 2016, 07:23:10 pm »

I love the design of Cathedral of the Deep. So huge but it all fits together. The enemies on the inside are far less bullshit than the ones on the outside, too, so that's a plus. I have both shortcuts back to the Chapel open now, and I went up higher on the roof, around in the rafters and ended up in some slug lady's chamber. Not sure I want to join her covenant. Haven't really found a covenant I want to join at all, really.

I also did some backtracking earlier. Went back and rescued Irina of Carim, so me and her scary bodyguard are boys now. Also found the Velka statue, so if I actually do have a way to not fuck up covenants at least.

Also found Patches. Or let him find me. Probably the most inventive encounter with him, and I managed to get out of there without dying, so that's cool. Oh and Snuggly is up there too, but I dunno what to give her. Might wait until late game and then look up a list.

Thinking I should be pretty close to the first Lord. Much excite.
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #409 on: 17 April, 2016, 10:30:55 pm »

Guess I wasn't as close as I thought.

I spend a good ten minutes hacking at the knee of one of the giants so I could get all the stuff in the gunk around him. Kinda weird that their AI doesn't respond to threats, but I guess it tells them to ignore you once you're on the stairs there.

The Deacons of the Deep killed me twice. The first time because their little dark ball spell can go through the casket. The second time because I found out what their big "ominous clouds of darkness spell does." Third time, as with every other pickle I've been in, I just got more aggressive. I hung out afterward and helped another person beat them just to see what the fight was like co-op. Still pretty trivial.

It wasn't immediately obvious where to go after that. I talked to Anri at the shrine and so I knew I had to get to Farron Keep, but I wasn't sure where exactly that was. I though I was supposed to go out the other door behind the other giant, but that was a dead end (it's nice that you can spam roll through the sludge).

After that I needed to think, so I went and shot arrows at the dragon on the High Wall for a while. It moved eventually and I got some stuff, including a Deep Battle Axe, which is probably a lot more meaningful than the axe I use currently.

So then I realized that I needed to go back to the crab swamp because there was probably more to that than just crabs. Sure enough, I got to an island in the middle and then had to deal with two fallen knights as well as the xanthous guy who decided to invade me again. That didn't go well. Those fallen knights are a pain in the butt. I got rid of them the second guy without a guy spamming magic at me, then I went down and rested at the bonfire, came back up, rekindled, and took the crown that is rightfully mine.

And then while I was trying on the crown, taking a screenshot, and also reading the description of the fallen set, I got invaded by a real person. And I really should have beaten him 'cause he was using just Fireball and a fire sword. He ended up riposting me without having parried me, so like. Whatever.

Now I'm at Farron Keep and I have to say, Mr. Farron, it's a bit of a shit keep. Poison water and slugs everywhere. Gonna assume the fires I'm meant to put out are the big ones on the towers along the wall and not the smaller ones on the islands. That's a problem for another day, though.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #410 on: 18 April, 2016, 10:41:20 pm »

Time for an update on Destiny, the game everyone really cares about.

Since the update dropped, I've managed to raise the light level across all my characters by 10 points. That's quite steady progress, and I've even picked up some nifty new stuff. More importantly, I've enjoyed the company of the disorderly folk I play that game with.

But anyway, back to the land of happy fun times.

Traversed the swamp without incident. Went up and killed the Stray Demon (he was super easy), so now I have Havel's Ring. Also I pledged myself to the Watchdog's of Farron because I don't mind playing servant to a big wolf. Though I'll probably end up switching if I find something cooler because it sounds like it's sort of a Forest Guardian deal where it only works while I'm actually in that area? I dunno.

Was kinda surprised and alarmed when I walked into the big hall and stepped right into a boss battle. I had 10k souls, but I had an easy enough time with the fight. More than anything so far it reminded me of Bloodborne, although the difference between having to wind up for a backstab and just being able to press a button in this game trivialized the fight. Still cool. I want that armor, but I've settled for Artorias' sword.

And now catacombs. Do skeletons actually come back to life in this game? The ones in the grave under the settlement didn't, and the first two I killed here didn't show any signs either. Guess I'll just have to keep an eye out.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #411 on: 18 April, 2016, 11:25:17 pm »

Time for an update on Destiny, the game everyone really cares about.

don't worry, the girl i like is slowly becoming obsessed with destiny so you're not the only font of destiny-related discussion in my life

p.s. you're like, the only other person i know who didn't have trouble with the abyss watchers

EDIT: oh wait, nevermind, UF didn't either. i know a long-time, outspoken and fairly elitist vet who died like, 10 times to those guys, so i guess that just colored my impression
« Last Edit: 18 April, 2016, 11:32:54 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #412 on: 18 April, 2016, 11:31:11 pm »

It does prompt a degree of obsession, especially the newer you are to it.

And really? I had a tense moment during the first phase when there were 3 or 4 of them up, but I was able to roll away and get a drink in. While that happened, they got some hits in on each other, and I just had to go back and finish off the main dude. And like I said, I basically backstabbed him to death in the second phase. All of his attacks were pretty easy to roll through or strafe around.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #413 on: 18 April, 2016, 11:39:32 pm »

It's interesting that different bosses give different people trouble. I had trouble with Ebrietas, and Floyd didn't for example. But I also didn't mind fighting Laurence.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #414 on: 18 April, 2016, 11:41:31 pm »

Yeah. I mean the build you go with could definitely make a huge difference. I'm just surprised to hear not everyone blew through this fight.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #415 on: 20 April, 2016, 09:56:15 pm »

Taking a slow pace through the catacombs. Made it to the first bonfire there, cleared out the hallway that has the skeleton wheels and slimes in it, and then turned around and went back to the shrine to spend souls. So when I pick up I'll just go the other way out of that sewer area, as that's the only way left. There's some odd stuff here with illusory walls that just end up forming a circular path, but oh well.

And man, they really nerfed the wheel guys, didn't they? I'd almost feel sorry for them but I'm remaining guarded enough if I see them later in a more threatening environment.

I almost leveled up but then I checked the shop lady and as I guessed, she's selling the Undead Legion set. It's expensive but I went ahead and bought the chest piece and it's pretty awesome on its own. Will definitely invest in the rest of the set. Also I have a Carthus ring that makes my rolls all cloudy, which might be useless since I'm only mid-rolling? Still looks cool so I'm going with it for now.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #416 on: 20 April, 2016, 10:12:40 pm »

Taking a slow pace through the catacombs. Made it to the first bonfire there, cleared out the hallway that has the skeleton wheels and slimes in it, and then turned around and went back to the shrine to spend souls. So when I pick up I'll just go the other way out of that sewer area, as that's the only way left. There's some odd stuff here with illusory walls that just end up forming a circular path, but oh well.

And man, they really nerfed the wheel guys, didn't they? I'd almost feel sorry for them but I'm remaining guarded enough if I see them later in a more threatening environment.

I almost leveled up but then I checked the shop lady and as I guessed, she's selling the Undead Legion set. It's expensive but I went ahead and bought the chest piece and it's pretty awesome on its own. Will definitely invest in the rest of the set. Also I have a Carthus ring that makes my rolls all cloudy, which might be useless since I'm only mid-rolling? Still looks cool so I'm going with it for now.

They were pretty badly nerfed in Dark Souls 2. I'm glad they stayed that way. Also did you get the Farron Greatsword? Because you totally should.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #417 on: 20 April, 2016, 10:24:00 pm »

I got one of them. Whichever one scales to STR, the one without the secondary hook thing. I would have definitely gotten the other one if I was running a DEX build though.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #418 on: 20 April, 2016, 10:27:29 pm »

Also did you get the Farron Greatsword? Because you totally should.

i like how you're basically asking everyone this
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #419 on: 20 April, 2016, 10:51:25 pm »

Youef's favorite weapon I guess?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 121   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: