Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 08:52:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

random games

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 121   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: random games  (Read 20114 times)
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #435 on: 26 April, 2016, 01:25:24 pm »

the tunnel with the basilisks and the mimic killed me probably 5 times alone

my low point was actually killing all the jailers on the bottom floor and then dying to the stupid crucifix guy (whose cell contained nothing)
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #436 on: 26 April, 2016, 05:29:17 pm »

my low point was actually killing all the jailers on the bottom floor and then dying to the stupid crucifix guy (whose cell contained nothing)

I immediately ran away after seeing the basilisks spawn behind me. I ditched the mimic and fought it later.

I wasted so many arrows on those jailers, but apparently you can also get the crucifix guy to attack them.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #437 on: 26 April, 2016, 05:46:47 pm »

I immediately ran away after seeing the basilisks spawn behind me. I ditched the mimic and fought it later.

I wasted so many arrows on those jailers, but apparently you can also get the crucifix guy to attack them.

I heard them but couldn't figure out where the noise was coming from, and then I rolled into them as I was dodging away from the mimic. The thing didn't even have a useful item.

and that would only be so helpful given he's locked away when you first get there
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #438 on: 02 May, 2016, 10:28:14 pm »

"You sure play a lot of Destiny for someone who owns Dark Souls III," said a friend of mine.

You might have a point, but then you haven't reaped the gains of so many infusions of Haakon's Hatchet, Tormod's Bellows, and Iron Camelot class items. After a week rekindling my desire to be at least somewhat competent in the Crucible, I emerge with none of my three characters below Light Level 331. This is a triumph, indeed.

But now I must return to the coterminous lands of the Lords of Cinder.

We resume in the Profaned Capital where the stairs leading down from the cool brazier thing seemingly dead ends. I can't help but shake the feeling there's a way to go further down, but I haven't put too much mind to discovering how this might be done.

I sort of wish Yhorm hadn't been a gimmick fight, but at least it was pretty cool. It was just an easy gimmick fight at that, once I figured out how the damn sword worked. This fight was also a nice way of saying "Hope you've played Demons' Souls lol"

But then it was over and I was whisked off back to Lothric Castle. I kinda wanted to leave the room without actually triggering the Dancer, what with all the souls I had still from Yhorm, but I made the mistake of approaching the statue first. And this wasn't one of my one-fight wonders, though I did actually do a much better job in the first try than the next several, probably because I was being a lot more careful.

I had to switch to my axe to beat her just for faster hits and better stamina management. One thing's for sure, that fight is truly a dance, not that so many other Souls fights aren't. Quite beautiful.

I did three co-op fights afterward, two of them successful. I've got 10 sunlight medallions now, though I still have no clue how to use them. Only fitting I guess.

Went up to the first bonfire in the castle, but I've gotta backtrack and see what was down the stairs to the left before I go much further. I should really do some extended retreading of other areas when I get a chance, too. But then maybe I can just save that for later. I heard this game actually doesn't send you directly to NG+, so I might take advantage of that.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #439 on: 02 May, 2016, 10:41:03 pm »

Oh, so I don't really know how the motion controls of the PS4 controller work with the gesture triggers, so sometimes I just randomly do a gesture. And whatever motion I made after beating the Dancer caused me to do the Collapse gesture. Pretty perfect.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #440 on: 03 May, 2016, 05:44:03 am »

"You sure play a lot of Destiny for someone who owns Dark Souls III," said a friend of mine.

You might have a point, but then you haven't reaped the gains of so many infusions of Haakon's Hatchet, Tormod's Bellows, and Iron Camelot class items. After a week rekindling my desire to be at least somewhat competent in the Crucible, I emerge with none of my three characters below Light Level 331. This is a triumph, indeed.

But now I must return to the coterminous lands of the Lords of Cinder.

We resume in the Profaned Capital where the stairs leading down from the cool brazier thing seemingly dead ends. I can't help but shake the feeling there's a way to go further down, but I haven't put too much mind to discovering how this might be done.

I sort of wish Yhorm hadn't been a gimmick fight, but at least it was pretty cool. It was just an easy gimmick fight at that, once I figured out how the damn sword worked. This fight was also a nice way of saying "Hope you've played Demons' Souls lol"

But then it was over and I was whisked off back to Lothric Castle. I kinda wanted to leave the room without actually triggering the Dancer, what with all the souls I had still from Yhorm, but I made the mistake of approaching the statue first. And this wasn't one of my one-fight wonders, though I did actually do a much better job in the first try than the next several, probably because I was being a lot more careful.

I had to switch to my axe to beat her just for faster hits and better stamina management. One thing's for sure, that fight is truly a dance, not that so many other Souls fights aren't. Quite beautiful.

I did three co-op fights afterward, two of them successful. I've got 10 sunlight medallions now, though I still have no clue how to use them. Only fitting I guess.

Went up to the first bonfire in the castle, but I've gotta backtrack and see what was down the stairs to the left before I go much further. I should really do some extended retreading of other areas when I get a chance, too. But then maybe I can just save that for later. I heard this game actually doesn't send you directly to NG+, so I might take advantage of that.

it doesn't send you directly to ng+ which is great, i was under the impression they had changed from II only to be presently suprised
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #441 on: 03 May, 2016, 09:18:25 am »

Cool. So maybe I'll just save exploration for then. I've more or less come to peace with botching all the questlines anyway. Or just missing them entirely.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #442 on: 03 May, 2016, 01:16:38 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #443 on: 03 May, 2016, 01:36:21 pm »

afro got more concords by fucking around and being a liability than i ever did actually trying
« Last Edit: 03 May, 2016, 01:38:57 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #444 on: 03 May, 2016, 01:53:58 pm »

pretty much exactly what you would expect
Report Spam   Logged

Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Masterman
Mood: Yandere

Yes.

« Reply #445 on: 04 May, 2016, 02:06:41 pm »

are you getting Overwatch, random?
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #446 on: 04 May, 2016, 06:19:27 pm »

I haven't really decided. I might try out the beta this weekend, but I've never bought a game that was exclusively multiplayer/PvP. I dig the characters, though, and it looks pretty fun. I just don't know how long it would be fun for me personally.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #447 on: 04 May, 2016, 10:35:48 pm »

Judgment isn't going so well this time....

True to my word, I went back down the left from the Dancer bonfire and ended up in the Consumed King's Garden. It was nice to find out that those giant snake monster things don't like fire. The King himself (I can't recall how to spell his name right now) got me once on what I think was a bullshit hit mid-roll, but maybe I mistimed it. Got him the second time without much fuss though.

So then I went through the door behind him and was like "What could be down here? Could it be Izalith?" (I'm still trying to figure out how to get to Izalith).

Nope. No. It's just the beginning of the game, but in super spooky darkness. I guess that big castle you can see from the shrine is in fact Lothric Castle, counter to my earlier assumptions that the shrine was further away from Lothric. But then when I go back to the main shrine bonfire, it's still daytime there. Not sure what's going on with that, but I suppose time still moves in mysterious ways through these lands.

And then suddenly Champion Gundyr, and man. I dunno. I can get him to the second phase but then he's just a bit overwhelming. The runback to him is also kinda annoying because of the grave wardens and the stronger-than-normal hollows. I dunno if I'm overleveled or just thinking about this fight wrong. He's tough to get close to and seems capable of punishing everything. It might just be a fight I really have to draw out and chip away at him.

I'll try him again tomorrow after I get home from Civil War, but it might be the kind of thing I come back to once I've leveled up a few more times.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #448 on: 05 May, 2016, 11:40:49 pm »

I'm fearful for what may happen now.

I bested the Champion, though it did not come easily. A true test of patience, and a fight where excessive aggression gets you killed.

Beyond there.... it doesn't really get any better does it? Lots of old items, lots of odd ends. And black knights all around. It seems like this would be the darkest timeline, literally....

Though now I may have doomed my own. I even read the description, and yet I gave eyes to the firekeeper. She asked if I wanted to see a world without fire, and I was too weak to say yes. Now she wants me to kill her, and I think I'm too weak to do that, too. The music has changed and her message is ominous, ominous even as the one of the shrine maiden in the darkness.

I've only really got one choice now, and that's to return to Lothric Castle and finish what is to be finished.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #449 on: 06 May, 2016, 12:01:43 am »

Fine, don't say anything, Youef. :u
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 121   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: