Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 09:29:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

random games

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 ... 121   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: random games  (Read 21717 times)
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #645 on: 14 July, 2016, 08:33:19 am »

I don't have too many that I personally consider super cool yet. I mean I've got Gastly, which will be cool after I catch a hundred more of him. Nidoran becomes The King eventually, which is all well and good. I do have a Golbat, so like, ok? Tauros and Pinsir are fine too.

And I've got 3 Eevees on hand. So yeah. You?
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #646 on: 14 July, 2016, 08:36:07 am »

Tauros is rad. I'm at like 26 Nidoran candies and I need 100 to turn Nidorino into the One True King.

Coolest thing was definitely the Arcanine but I've got an okay spread of other things at the very least, although still no Snorlax so who really cares.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #647 on: 14 July, 2016, 10:49:39 am »

I was reading a wiki page that shows there are specific pokemon that come from each tier of egg. 2km eggs seem like a semi-reliable way to get starter candy.

in other news there's a scyther outside and i want it bad man

also heard that eevolutions are random which means i'm never going to get a jolteon
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #648 on: 14 July, 2016, 02:20:29 pm »

the arcanine that got away

sigh

really hope they have a solution for the freezing glitch soon
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #649 on: 14 July, 2016, 05:36:50 pm »

also heard that eevolutions are random which means i'm never going to get a jolteon

i evolved my second eevee today and got a second vaporeon image my delight
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #650 on: 14 July, 2016, 06:24:51 pm »

Reminder that you guys are only cool if you caught an Ekans.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #651 on: 14 July, 2016, 06:25:41 pm »

Saw one on my radar earlier but was driving so I couldn't go catch it.
Report Spam   Logged

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #652 on: 14 July, 2016, 06:26:07 pm »

That's not a valid excuse.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #653 on: 14 July, 2016, 06:33:09 pm »

*is cool*
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #654 on: 14 July, 2016, 10:15:52 pm »

Killed the Kayran. Not a bad fight, though it wasn't super obvious what I was supposed to do to finish it off. Figured it out, though.

Also, first sex scene of the game ayyyyy. Guess there aren't cards this time.

Gonna see if I can remain faithful to Triss I guess.

Sidebar, some of my friends looking at screenshots of this game said the textures look way worse than they ought to, and it did kiiiiiinda auto-detect to low settings. Planted some doubts about whether Witcher 3 will do well on this rig. I'd hope it's optimized enough? Like I know that game is one that lots of people use to test graphics cards, but um. Yeah I don't really know. Might be due for an upgrade.

ignore all of this I'm dumb. Did some digging because after typing this up it didn't make sense to me, and sure enough, I wasn't actually using the auto-detected settings. The game just defaults to the lowest stuff. I clicked auto-detect and suddenly yeah, like everything was enabled. Ran through the forest and killed some stuff, didn't notice much in the way of frame drops. So yeah. Should be even more enjoyable moving forward.

And looking at the recommended stuff, I don't think Witcher 3 will be a huge issue either. Might not be max settings for that, but that's ok.

Could still look into upgrading some stuff come next tax return, I suppose.
« Last Edit: 14 July, 2016, 11:53:50 pm by randomguy44 » Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #655 on: 15 July, 2016, 08:41:12 am »

Starting to think there are designated spawn points for Pokemon in the world. I've found two places in the parking lot of my apartment that I can consistently walk to and find monsters that I consider "in range" (less than 3 paws). Feel like this is something that bears further research.

I'm level 9 now and more interesting stuff is popping up on the scanner all the time. The game has been pelting me with Bulbasaurs (read: 2) this morning, which is cool I guess. I got a lucky egg, so I'm also preparing for a mass-evolution spree by hording Pidgey's and holding onto anything else I've got enough candy for.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #656 on: 15 July, 2016, 06:15:21 pm »

So there's a way to force Eevee to evolve into the desired element: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4t0cpo/psa_how_to_force_your_eevee_to_evolve_into_your/?st=iqocypci&sh=df9a17d0

Pretty nice, especially since I caught one today that was like 280 cp.

Also I'm cool now.

I'm preparing a mass culling evolving of Pidgeys and Weedles to make use of one of my Lucky Eggs. I caught like 20 today just sitting at a Stop with a Lure.

As a final note, gym fighting is still lame and totally pointless if you don't have Pokemon of comparable cp.
Report Spam   Logged

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #657 on: 15 July, 2016, 08:36:53 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #658 on: 15 July, 2016, 11:03:09 pm »

The Eevee trick worked. I got a Jolteon.

Also after evolving like 8 Pidgeys, a couple Rattatas, a Beedrill, and a Metapod, I'm now level 12.

Witcher updates in a bit.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #659 on: 16 July, 2016, 12:04:47 am »

So yeah, I'm "At a Crossroads" and have to decide whether to side with the blue stripes or the scoia'tael.

The elves in this game are not quite as shitty. They've got motivations and a shred of sympathy going for them. It helps that the humans in Flotsam are far more overtly shitty back at them. Like riots and murdering non-humans and defacing elven ruins and whatnot.

Iorveth makes their goals sound almost Zionist in a way. Establish a free elven state on lands that once belonged to elves. Sounds great. He's even got a sweet queen in mind. The problem I have is a) that's clearly not going to happen, and b) what if it actually does turn out like Israel and all it does is sow the seeds for further conflict?

I can't forget that Iorveth has apparently killed so many people over the course of a century, and the scoia'tael's idea of freedom fighting still often includes burning an innocent village to the ground. Iorveth's unit doesn't seem like the type, but it's still the association.

But maybe I could reform them from within? After all, they do owe me one now. And if I side with them I'll be choosing to help free their friends from the prison barge that would otherwise take them to non-human hell on earth.

So what's the alternative?

Siding with Vernon Roche and the blue stripes. Roche had enough doubt about Foltest's death to help me escape and set me on the path to clearing my name. But he's also a soldier decorated for doing whatever it takes, which usually involves indiscriminate slaughter of non-human insurgents. This is the kind of violence breeds more violence that I'd love to bring to an end. But Roche doesn't seem like he would consider the scoia'tael as anything but an enemy.

Choosing that path does let me take out Flotsam's commandant, Loredo, though, and that is something I really want to do. Was really hoping I'd get to do that regardless.

But maybe I will? Maybe he shows up as I'm trying to take the barge?

Like the thing is my gut tells me to go with Iorveth because his ideas all seem a bit more "bigger picture," and I'm all about bigger picture. Loredo is small time and Roche will deal with him regardless. Or he won't, and he'll show up later so I can kill him myself.

But Roche is also the horse I rode in on, and I wouldn't be free in the first place without his aide.

I'm very torn, and it doesn't feel like either choice is really "right." Credit to CDProjekt for not making something like this feel trivial.

Sigh.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 ... 121   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: