Ultimate Paradise
16 April, 2024, 06:03:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

random games

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 ... 121   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: random games  (Read 21420 times)
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #945 on: 20 October, 2017, 08:28:57 am »

It’s more just a general dissatisfaction with the game, which I would say comes from expectations that were in no way informed by reality.

Like there was a thread with a lot of upvotes on the subreddit saying “After 3 years, this is the Prestige Raid we get?” When of course the raid itself probably has not been in development since the first game launched. It probably hasn’t even been in development since the start of year 2, but would have started sometime between then and now. To say nothing of reboots and reorganizations that would have happened during the development of D2.

But the answer is “Yes, this is the prestige raid you get.” The prestige, or hard mode, raid is always what they design first. Then they subtract mechanics and lower the power level for the normal mode raid. You don't have to dream up wild alterations to guess what the prestige raid will involve, for that reason. That's why you have clans completing it in just over an hour on release, because they're able to predict what adjustments they need to make and plan ahead.

But if you aren't aware of how games are made, then you can refer to what Bungie themselves said five days before the raid released: "Mechanical differences are minimal. Power level is increased. Not everyone is expected to complete this difficulty."

"But the prestige loot is terrible," say reddit and at least one of my friends. And I say, what other than this being Destiny 2, made you expect anything more fanciful? It's a little disappointing that there don't seem to be extra weapons to earn through hard mode, but the armor sets are in line with the previous two raids (that is, they're the same design with minor differences in coloration).

It just seems like after this long, a lot of people won't let go of the game Destiny was "supposed" to be, the game they had built up in their minds as a life-changing, world-altering force. "Oh, they didn't get it right the first time, but the sequel will definitely be what I imagined and I will be suitably bewildered by its awesomeness." No, it's going to be a sequel like any other video game sequel. Iterative, not revolutionary. Rare is the game that makes a quantum leap from its predecessor, and those end up taking like 5 years or more to develop, not two-and-a-half.

It's all just testing my "have fun or fuck off" approach. I can avoid the subreddit and find info elsewhere, but when the people I play with start buying this crap, I get irritated.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #946 on: 20 October, 2017, 01:45:33 pm »

It’s more just a general dissatisfaction with the game, which I would say comes from expectations that were in no way informed by reality.

Sounds like video game fans!

But yeah that sounds dumb. I've honestly never really gotten deep into a multiplayer community for a game partially for those reasons. This place was probably the biggest I ever got community wise and I started posting well after Brawl stopped being played or the focal point here.

That said I continue to love the glimpses into Destiny that I get from you. It's always wild.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #947 on: 20 October, 2017, 02:00:54 pm »

Fandom and community are both things that have good moments but can go south in a hurry.

Also reddit, in a general sense, is not a good thing.

I stand by the game, though, and I have another thing in mind to write up about it. Stay tuned.
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #948 on: 20 October, 2017, 03:26:43 pm »

i lurk on several reddits and question why almost daily
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #949 on: 26 October, 2017, 09:16:10 am »

contemplating picking up Wolfenstein 2 tomorrow even though I probably won't play it for a few weeks
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #950 on: 26 October, 2017, 05:50:58 pm »

If it was coming out any other time of the year I'd grab it but Odyssey and 24 Hour Horrorthon in the same weekend kill any chance I have of playing it. It looks so good though.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #951 on: 27 October, 2017, 07:18:56 am »

wanted to play the last wolfenstein but it was pretty choppy on my desktop, imagine this one will go far beyond what it could actually run
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #952 on: 27 October, 2017, 11:47:18 pm »

yeah I got it

and I decided to crack into it tonight

after a driver update (yay PC gaming), it was mighty fine

I started on hard mode because I think that's what I played the last one on, but man I got melted more than once without realizing it. Need to relearn how to play this game.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #953 on: 29 October, 2017, 03:50:56 pm »

What happens when my friends and I get matchmade with Mattress and go up against the team from hell.

Mediocre games from my perspective, but the feeling of beating those people was worth capturing.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #954 on: 29 October, 2017, 05:05:53 pm »

WAIt, are you saying that Mattress wasn’t part of the team from hell?
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #955 on: 29 October, 2017, 05:19:43 pm »

No, Mattress was one of the good guys.
Report Spam   Logged

Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Masterman
Mood: Yandere

Yes.

« Reply #956 on: 29 October, 2017, 05:51:28 pm »

I got well acquainted with the spawn room that first game. holy hell

but yeah **** those guys lol

Good vids
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #957 on: 03 November, 2017, 03:05:29 pm »

New support hero looks fun.

And I must have that young Reinhardt skin.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #958 on: 03 November, 2017, 05:47:22 pm »

she looks extremely my jam, i hate this game stop making good content and bringing me back to it
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #959 on: 07 November, 2017, 10:49:51 pm »

managed to softlock Wolfenstein II, so that's neat
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 ... 121   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: