Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 04:05:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

random games

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 ... 121   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: random games  (Read 20027 times)
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #975 on: 04 December, 2017, 04:16:14 am »

I vote SotFS if you haven't already chosen.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #976 on: 04 December, 2017, 09:24:48 am »

that's the one that went on my steam wish list

would love to get it for like 50%+ off

I also just don't need it immediately, but it would be a good January game
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #977 on: 04 December, 2017, 06:40:04 pm »

well shit.

thanks floyd
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #978 on: 04 December, 2017, 06:44:06 pm »

any time my dude
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #979 on: 05 December, 2017, 03:22:31 pm »

it'll still be January most likely, but I'll try to do updates similar to my other Soulsborne playthroughs
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #980 on: 05 December, 2017, 06:41:59 pm »

very good very good
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #981 on: 25 December, 2017, 12:40:56 am »

Here begin the journeys of Randall, the Deprived, through the crumbling realm of Drangleic.

First, it must be known that I have witnessed much of this game already, so its paths are not completely unknown to me. My knowledge is by no means complete, though, so I don't feel all that advantaged, either.

After wandering around Majula for a time, realizing I could put my travelers clothes back on even after becoming deprived, encountering a herd of rabid pigs (?), and speaking to the Emerald Herald, I set off down a stone corridor, leading into a waterway. I followed the tunnels all the way to Heide's Tower of Flame, which I knew to be The Wrong Way. I died to the first Heide Knight I encountered (wielding only a dagger at this point) and turned around.

Back in Majula, I took the other path and successfully entered the Forest of Fallen Giants. My current base of operations is the second bonfire there, next to the pile of garbage that sells things. So far I have scavenged a helmet, a couple of broken short swords, two foot soldiers swords (both of which are broken), and a Fire Long Sword which I am terrified to use for fear of breaking it (I also don't have the necessary dexterity yet). I'd heard durability was balanced differently in this game to account for it being repaired every time you rest at a bonfire, but I don't know whether the first weapons you find are just exceptionally brittle or if this is what I've got to look forward to the whole game. I purchased a mace from Lenigrast, which has more total durability than the other things I'd been using, but it's not really been tested yet.

From the Cardinal Tower, I'm set on going down the ladder and out onto the battlements, where all the explosive barrels are. I'm perplexed by what I thought was meant to be a shortcut, namely the pile of barrels next to the wall with a dude throwing firebombs overhead. I got him to blow up the barrels (after he missed like six times), but the wall remained intact. When I went up there to try and take the firebombs off of him and do it myself, The Pursuer showed up, which I didn't think would happen until after I had beaten him. I broke the second Foot Soldier Sword trying to fend him off and didn't last long after that. So I guess I just need to keep moving forward.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #982 on: 25 December, 2017, 01:08:07 pm »

yesssssssssssssssssssssss

also your character's face almost looks like your actual face and that is impressive to me
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #983 on: 25 December, 2017, 09:04:01 pm »

I don't think I changed it at all, it was just one of the presets. Goes to show you how "generic white dude" I am.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #984 on: 26 December, 2017, 01:57:33 am »

Onward and upward.

Dealt with the Last Giant. Uneventful.

Which brings us to The Pursuer. I view this as the sort of trial by fire for my whole paradigm shift here. Part of going deprived, part of playing this game, it's all about finishing what Bloodborne should have started and helping me say no to the shield. Getting through a proper duel with this guy is the first major hurdle to doing so.

That said, I am by no means as h'ardcore as most soulsmen, so one of the welcome changes in this game for me is the eventual extinction of enemies. Invariably, the least favorite part of any Souls game for me is the runback to a boss, and the more enemies in the way, the worse it is, or the more likely I am to take a cheap shot off of some bloke. Especially when I only have 3 Estus charges right now, if I take a hit, I have no issue with killing the thing and then turning around to refresh myself. No point in walking into a boss fight with either one fewer sip or without full health.

So the only enemy that survived all my running up to the Pursuer was that one archer on the ledge right before the fog door.

A change I'm not so sure about is losing a fraction of my health bar every time I die without returning to human. Effigies don't seem super plentiful at this point in the game. I think I had 4, and I bought one from the pile of garbage for 1500 souls. So that has me kinda anxious about managing that resource. Because it gets to a point where I don't want to walk into a fight only able to take two hits from the boss.

And as for The Pursuer himself, I did beat him. But it took too many tries to do it, I think. The second strike for his main combo, the one with the shield, is confusing, and I'm not sure if my spacing was off or if I was mistiming it or what, but that hit more often than not spelled my doom. As a point against my fretting over the health bar, it's not like he gives you much opportunity to heal anyway. Getting off a drink against him is a matter of both waiting for him to do the full three-hit combo and being far enough away from him, which wasn't a common occurrence for me.

That said, it's a pretty good learning fight. You learn things like "Don't let the boss back you into a corner, especially when the arena is filled with bullshit," and "The boss probably won't let you grab your souls and then use a Homeward Bone to go level up."

I also swear he gets fractionally faster or changes his timings somewhat when you get him down to 25%, but it's probably all in my head. I just had a lot of deaths after that point where I thought I had dodged at the correct time.

The most frustrating thing to me is that when I beat him, he just gave me a good pattern. He did the move where he charges forward about a dozen times, which is a free two hits every time. He also did his big thrust move a couple of times. I only had to dodge the shield bash two or three times that round.

So I've made it to The Last Bastille, and I'm just thrilled for what wonders await there.

Also I need to look up what the stats do in this game since their different enough.
Report Spam   Logged

Styles
Lateral Diagonal
Sacred Warrior

Mood: Restless

All the cool kids are doing it.

« Reply #985 on: 26 December, 2017, 08:30:15 am »

it’s not just you.
I, too, thought he got faster in a sort of “desperation mode” at low health. Maybe it’s the anxious feeling of victory being in our grasps playing tricks on us
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #986 on: 26 December, 2017, 10:33:39 am »

there's at least one boss that will be easier thanks to your now shield mantra much later in the game

also there's another boss that requires humanity to fight which is weird and frustrating but its i guess a matter of whether you're a weirdo boss completionist like i was or not so i wouldn't necessarily worry about hording it, there is a ring that cuts down on the health that you lose though as well

I don't think I changed it at all, it was just one of the presets. Goes to show you how "generic white dude" I am.

lol
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #987 on: 26 December, 2017, 12:42:25 pm »

i like pursuer a lot because he has a stark level of mechanical commonality with false king from demon's souls. it's funny how the standards of the franchise have risen so much that the ultimate boss of the first game is now on par with one of the earliest bosses of the third.

pursuer messed me up a lot at first solely because I hadn't grown used to how to use your rolling iframes when you have a low agility stat (deprived has a bit under 2/3s the iframes of a fast roll in dark souls 1), so I'd constantly roll too early or too late and get hit hard for my trouble.

EDIT: speaking of which, while the game has more stats than dark souls 1, what they do is largely pretty obvious. the one main stat that is unique is adaptability, which has a lot of minor things, not least is agility, one of the worse ideas dark souls 2 decided to implement. if your build is going to rely on rolling out of the way of attacks, i frankly would definitely recommend looking at the wiki page for agility to see exactly what threshold gives you however many iframes you'd like: darksouls2.wikidot.com/agility

for reference, fast rolling in dark souls 1 is 13, medium is 11, and fat rolling is 9.
« Last Edit: 26 December, 2017, 12:54:11 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #988 on: 26 December, 2017, 02:11:53 pm »

it’s not just you.
I, too, thought he got faster in a sort of “desperation mode” at low health. Maybe it’s the anxious feeling of victory being in our grasps playing tricks on us
Neither of these would surprise me.

there is a ring that cuts down on the health that you lose though as well
good to know I guess, though I guess it's right back to Demon's Souls with wearing a ring just to stop the devs from stealing health from you

darksouls2.wikidot.com/agility
After posting here last night, I went and found this exact page. I think it's kind of weird to lump rolling and casting speed (including estus) into the same stat, but I had already been putting points into ADP, so it was nice to see that wasn't wasteful.

also i may have seen that I missed a pretty easy chloranthy ring in the Forest of Fallen Giants, so I'm probably gonna backtrack to that once I get 4000 souls
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #989 on: 26 December, 2017, 03:30:40 pm »

its like the exact same ring too i think, pretty sure its ring of binding which stops the cap at 75% vs 50%

What kind of build are you thinking about doing?
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 ... 121   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: