Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 03:38:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

random games

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 ... 121   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: random games  (Read 19678 times)
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1065 on: 09 January, 2018, 11:17:57 pm »

I tried the Iron Passage three times. Made it to the Smelter Demon twice. Did better on my first try.

But I've concluded, in short order, that that place just isn't fun, and I'm not going to waste time beating my head against it. Not right now.

So now I'm in Shulva, and wow, these sanctum knights have a ton of poise. Also so many archers. And I've had to equip a bow of all things to hit the switches that raise buildings and stuff. May have also completely whiffed a jump at one point.

I made it to the Dragon's Sanctum, though, so things are going pretty ok so far.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1066 on: 10 January, 2018, 11:23:30 pm »

Yeah, I couldn't stand the Iron Passage, and I never felt that beating Smelter Demon was ever worth the frustration of that area. But more power to you if you do it.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1067 on: 11 January, 2018, 08:26:57 am »

I did it but it was completely not worth it and I think I cheesed it or something because fuck that guy.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1068 on: 14 January, 2018, 06:59:58 pm »

Following the conclusion of AGDQ, I have made my triumphant return to Shulva.

We last left Randall on the upper threshold to the Dragon Sanctum. Standing at a fork, I took the right path into a room with two Not Phantoms. There were like a billion messages around the smoking armor on the plinths in the middle of the room, so dealing with them was pretty straightforward. There were also like five chests in that room, so that's cool.

Turns out that going right takes me immediately to where the left fork would have taken me anyway, but I got another chest and killed a bunch of those super sturdy sanctum knights who now smell very bad. Dealing with all of them, I followed a really narrow corridor to the end. There's some cool traps in here that I get to use on the enemies, which is nice. Further down though there's these rooms that have sandy floors with spikes sticking out of them. I can walk narrowly along the sides, but there's a bunch more of those phantom knights to deal with, so I ran around until I happened upon the room where all the armor was stored so I could kill them. (I was happy to see upon death that those armor things don't need to be destroyed again.) I left most of the shinies on the spikes, so if there's a way to retract those I'll have to go back and get that stuff later.

After finding a bonfire tucked away, I descended further and fought the pyro jester, a fun close quarters encounter. Still further down, I made it to a fog door and walked out at the base of the ziggurat.

The imperfect dragons are intimidating at first, but not that hard to deal with. I got killed once mostly because I mistimed my dodge on the vore move and then got hit while I was down. Next time I got to the bonfire, though, and then dispatched the rest. Walked around, put the Dragon Stone into the pedastal, and then took the elevator up to complete the circle. So now I've paused again just inside the lower portion of the Sanctum.
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1069 on: 15 January, 2018, 02:24:59 pm »

i really love the design of the imperfects
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1070 on: 15 January, 2018, 11:22:21 pm »

Not much going on in the Inner Sanctum, I have to say. I appreciate the bonfire midway down, though, and the fact that you can get back to the boss easily without engaging the other dudes. Also the crystal lizard surprise was cute (I only got one).

I checked both summon signs at the bottom and was delighted to find my boy, Benhart. Elana then killed me once because I didn't respect her pyromancy. The second time, I was more tactical, and the fight played out about as well as it could have. She summoned Velstadt and I drew him away while Benhart kept the queen occupied. Was able to down him pretty quickly, cut through a few skeletons, and then give her what for.

With that out of the way, it was pretty late already, so I decided to backtrack and do the Cave of the Dead instead. Much more reasonable than the Iron Passage, though I made the mistake of summoning Ruined Aflis because he looked interesting. He was so terrible, though? I guess everything in there was magic resistant or something.

The Gank Squad was definitely a marathon fight. I probably came within 20 HP of dying at one point after being bled, and I used all of my estus, but I was able to separate them. In the end it was just me and Not Havel, slugging it out with our stupid weapons.

So now I have a flower skirt.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1071 on: 16 January, 2018, 10:44:39 pm »

Sinh is a good fight. Reminded me a lot of Kalameet. It took me several attempts to learn his moves, and I appreciate how he won't let you sit underneath him or next to his back legs like some other FromSoft dragons (His over the shoulder breath attack definitely caught me off guard, at least twice). I figured out the safest time to hit him was definitely after he flies up, shoots a single fire ball, and then lands. His other grounded breath attacks are good opportunities, too, if I was already in a good position. Once I was feeling good about it, I unhollowed and then just barely squeaked, through. (The final blow put my sword at risk, which is another factor of the fight that I wasn't even aware of).

I pretty much went straight to the Shrine of Winter from there. Frozen Eleum Loyce has no shortage of vistas. Inside the walls, there was a fog door to the left and a voiceline that gave a pretty strong indication of a boss, so I turned around and went the other way. I'm glad that I'm back to fighting enemies who stagger under the FUGS. I'm aware of some sort of frost buildup mechanic, but I'm not really sure what that does yet. Haven't felt super threatened so far.

There are also these women in rags kinda huddled up in corners, and the messages on the ground label them liars and miscreants. I killed the first few, but then realized I was kinda violating the rule of killing non-hostiles.

I stumbled on a fair bit. There was an inner wall with a big gap in it that I couldn't progress past, so I turned around and ended up inside and then on some other bridge. There was a dead end at a door with some sconces, which I can't do anything about because torches won't stay lit.

The one fuzzy thing about this area I'm aware of is that there are knights who can be converted to my side for one of the boss fights, and I'm worried I might have killed one of those. He had a magic melee attack that the other enemies lack. I have found a bonfire after dropping down inside a building, and it looks like there's another one of those just outside. I'll have to pass by him or pass through him to progress further.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1072 on: 17 January, 2018, 08:31:59 am »

Sinh is a great fight. I'm a big dragon boss fight guy and he's up there in quality.

The way the knights work is (spoilers if you wanna remain in the dark) they don't get converted necessarily, you find them as you explore and "free" them kind of so that they show up to help in the big boss fight.

also get fuckin' ready for possibly the worst, most insanely irritating area in the series baby (not eleum loyce that place rules)
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #1073 on: 17 January, 2018, 04:39:44 pm »

i've only fought sinh once but i remember that he basically made me down almost all of my estus in the first minute of the fight, then completely derped out and was dead within the next minute. judging from that and some videos I've seen, he seems to have some of the most poorly-programmed AI of any souls boss
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1074 on: 18 January, 2018, 08:10:03 am »

i've only fought sinh once but i remember that he basically made me down almost all of my estus in the first minute of the fight, then completely derped out and was dead within the next minute. judging from that and some videos I've seen, he seems to have some of the most poorly-programmed AI of any souls boss
There were times where I wondered whether his primary directive was to kill me or if it was to destroy all the cover in the arena. I still think From is generally bad at the sort of "player vs. huge monster thing" boss fights as opposed to more traditional duels, but this one was still more fun than most of the others.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1075 on: 19 January, 2018, 09:41:50 pm »

Ivory King DLC has simultaneously the best and the worst areas in Dark Souls 2. I loved Eleum Loyce but the Frigid Outskirts, jesus christ.

Are you gonna go back to smelter?
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1076 on: 20 January, 2018, 02:01:51 am »

I really don't see a reason to.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1077 on: 20 January, 2018, 12:15:21 pm »

frigid outskirts is so bad that i almost circle around to loving it, like its insane how **** frustrating that area is, i still have nightmares about the enemies you'll meet there
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1078 on: 20 January, 2018, 06:59:39 pm »

Got the eye. The ladies in rags are awake, and oh they're more spellcasters. Cool.

Aava broke my sword on the final hit. Ruddy great beast. Good riddance.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1079 on: 21 January, 2018, 04:38:08 pm »

I'm backtracking through the areas I've already seen now that the winds have stopped, looking for things that have thawed and the Loyce knights.

Not all the retainers are casters, so that's a relief. The ones with shivs are pretty easy to deal with. They don't really even activate until after dealing with other enemies in the area, either.

I made it to the bridge with the conspicuous gap in it and was able to take an elevator down to the base, where I met the ice hedgehogs. Kind of a more annoying, less threatening version of bonewheel skeletons, I guess. There's also some overgrown ice wizards in the same area which are more annoying to get to than to dispatch.

And then I walked into a house and found a white phantom. He waved, but there was something about him that I immediately distrusted, so it wasn't a surprise when he tried to backstab me while I was opening the gate. I dropped down and fought him and everything was going fine

and he ran away

and I remembered.

The Grand Lance.

The Rebel Shield.

Maldron, the Assassin.

I'm glad I found the bonfire in the other house before following him further. He and his pet were just as much of a pain as one would expect, but it actually only took me two tries to deal with them.

Beyond that, there was another fun trap. I saw the golems and the ice hedgehogs and put two and two together. And then the golems started attacking me, and I wasn't prepared, so I just legged it up to the elevator. So that's one Loyce knight found.

Then I went to that door that I had to open with torches and, oh boy, flexile sentries. They weren't so bad. Got the key from there (I almost didn't bother clearing this cave so I'm glad I got it over with). Then after traversing some of the inner wall, I died fighting some witch invader with BS dark magic. Not too much trouble to get back down there thankfully.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 ... 121   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: