Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 05:45:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

random games

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 ... 121   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: random games  (Read 20072 times)
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1080 on: 22 January, 2018, 10:33:37 pm »

Frigid Outskirts are indeed hilarious, as is the idea I'll be spending a great deal of time trying to conquer them. It's tough to say how far I even got. Vengarl's head and I made it to the stone structure with the Pharros pool in it, and then we were making our way toward the next visible structure. I'm not sure if you have to fight three of the reindeer at once or if I just accidentally triggered that many, but three was too many to deal with.

So having freed the last two knights, I went back to the cathedral and I summoned my friend, Lucatiel, and a guy wearing the Old Bell Helm because how could I not. I like the idea that the fight down in the Old Chaos is a real brawl between near equal numbers. And then the king makes his grand entrance, and he's almost too much for those of us who remain anyway. It feels really grand even if it's not that threatening. Despite him focusing the bell guy, Lucatiel actually fell just before we won. The first time she hasn't made it through. It cast a bitter tinge on the victory.

Back topside, I spoke to Alsanna and she thanked me. I'm not sure why I expected her to clear the stairs so I could approach her? It could be that I'm still missing something. Or maybe that requires dealing with the Frigid Outskirts. I'll have to look it up.

But I was ready to be away from the cold, and truth be told, I'm ready to be done with this game. So I went and slew Vendrick, and we had a chat in his memory, though he had nothing to offer but words. I also went to try and trade in his soul for that sword Maniac mentioned, but neither of the boss souls people had it, and I'm actually wondering if it dropped from him now or if I needed to kill him in his memory, too.

I guess the last thing I'll try doing now is hunting down that which lurks in the Dark.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #1081 on: 22 January, 2018, 11:07:16 pm »

Ivory King is prolly the weirdest dlc. Eleum Loyce is probably the best area DS2 has to offer and is a strong contender for the best map in the series, but the rest of that DLC is "lol frigid outskirts and its lazy, yet horseshit boss fight" and a straight-up KMMO level grind for drops from the enemies in Old Chaos for 50 items that have like, a 3 percent chance of dropping for frostwaifu's soul. It's so weird how some of the worst ideas anyone has ever actualized in any game in the series are nestled with such an amazingly fun map.

re: Vendrick's soul: after you kill Vendrick, you can go back to Amana and open the door behind that dragonrider. Gotta be in human form to do so. The room contains his soul and his armor.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1082 on: 22 January, 2018, 11:28:23 pm »

wait I have to get a drop from the boss fight to get her soul? from the charred knights? can I just drop back down there, or do I have to use a bonfire ascetic or what?

and oh, right, that. maybe I'll use that opportunity to finally get the last estus shard, too.
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1083 on: 23 January, 2018, 03:24:19 am »

From the knights. They'll keep spawning after the boss is dead, and I think there's an unlimited number of them (e.g. they don't permanently die if you kill them enough times). Only like six of them spawn at a time, so you have to leave and re-enter for more to spawn. They are, of course, quite difficult to deal with alone (your knights don't respawn) and they're fairly durable, so you can imagine how unpleasant it is spending 10+ hours farming for content.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1084 on: 23 January, 2018, 05:25:57 am »

I guess the last thing I'll try doing now is hunting down that which lurks in the Dark.

*nicholson*
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1085 on: 23 January, 2018, 07:24:55 am »

From the knights. They'll keep spawning after the boss is dead, and I think there's an unlimited number of them (e.g. they don't permanently die if you kill them enough times). Only like six of them spawn at a time, so you have to leave and re-enter for more to spawn. They are, of course, quite difficult to deal with alone (your knights don't respawn) and they're fairly durable, so you can imagine how unpleasant it is spending 10+ hours farming for content.
I'm seeing that you actually have to turn in 50 of these things to get her soul, so yeah, I'm probably not going to do that.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1086 on: 23 January, 2018, 03:17:11 pm »

a straight-up KMMO level grind for drops from the enemies in Old Chaos for 50 items that have like, a 3 percent chance of dropping for frostwaifu's soul

well yeah
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1087 on: 23 January, 2018, 07:20:01 pm »

I tried doing that. I stopped very quickly.

I actually agree with Maniac about Eleum Loyce. I can forgive all the stupid ideas they put into that DLC though, because I just really loved that area. It kind of brought me back to Phendrana Drifts from Metroid Prime.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1088 on: 23 January, 2018, 07:25:12 pm »

i don't think i even ever tried to grind in ivory king had a super great time not doing it, i can't imagine doing so honestly
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1089 on: 23 January, 2018, 10:46:37 pm »

Loose ends are pretty thoroughly wrapped up.

I got the soul and crown from the Shrine. I traded the soul for the sword (I don't have the stats to use it though, ha). I bought Raime's armor because I thought for a second I might wear it, but it's too heavy.

Then I did the chasms, and they weren't all that special. My favorite one was the one under Drangleic where I killed most of the phantoms by knocking them into holes. The heavy thrust from the Fume UGS sort of wrecks phantoms in general, honestly.

And then I killed the Darklurker, first try. I might have had some prior tactical knowledge that helped. Spell Quartz Ring +3 probably saved my life, too. I also think it's funny that you can probably be killed even after winning because the second one persists long enough to attack you one more time.

Lastly, I went back to Vendrick, and I got the shiny crown. So I guess I'm good to go? Is there anything else I need to do to make whatever happens happen? I'm perched in front of the gate to the Throne, and probably would have just gotten it over with if I didn't need to be up earlier than usual in the morning.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1090 on: 23 January, 2018, 10:57:56 pm »

you've seen more or less everything there is to see

honestly wish they had more magic bosses ala darklurker, because I legitimately love him. he's a boss where it's not so much a game of baiting them into a specific attack or by rolling 24/7 so much as finding the perfect opportunity to move in through a hailstorm of magic without getting punished. darklurker is probably the only boss in the entire game where I can actually say "yeah, that was pretty fun," although aldrich probably one-upped him enough that he's prolly nothing special anymore lol
« Last Edit: 23 January, 2018, 11:06:32 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1091 on: 24 January, 2018, 08:41:21 am »

I think I got some lucky patterns with him, but yeah it's a fun fight. They do what they want, regardless of where you are, so there's really not a lot of baiting you can even do. They didn't show me much of the dark fire attack that comes through the portal, didn't do much of that AoE dark burst. I got a lot of fire balls and a lot of lasers, plus a heavy helping of the basic sword combo.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1092 on: 24 January, 2018, 09:39:18 am »

When I first played II, I was so woefully unprepared for Darklurker and my build was not up to snuff and I couldn't beat him for the life of me. I ran out of humanity and was broken. Beating him in Scholar was one of my favorite moments in the series.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1093 on: 24 January, 2018, 11:53:30 pm »

It is done.

I died twice on Throne Watcher/Defender because I rolled off the edge, lol.

Benhart and Vengarl both died to Nashandra's AoE early.

Aldia tried his best, I'm sure.

Ultimately, though I wore the crown, I refused the Throne. There is no path beyond the scope of light, beyond the reach of dark, he says. We shall see.

I liked this game. Glad I gave it a chance after all this time. I think I'm going to try and take what I learned and have the same kind of fun with revisits to Dark Souls III and Bloodborne.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1094 on: 25 January, 2018, 05:26:13 am »

I died twice on Throne Watcher/Defender because I rolled off the edge, lol.

lol

Glad you liked it. I think it's s neat game.

top five bosses from 2 gogogo
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 ... 121   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: