Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 03:58:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

random games

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 ... 121   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: random games  (Read 19683 times)
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1095 on: 25 January, 2018, 08:28:53 am »

Fume Knight, Burnt Ivory King, Darklurker, Pursuer, and Sinh, probably.

Those are the ones that stick out to me, anyway.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #1096 on: 25 January, 2018, 11:24:08 am »

not sure of the other one but def curious

Throne Watcher/Defender

it's totally a boss fight if I take two of the same mooky generic enemy and give them a huge health pool and some cool outfits, right? they're even big and small like orn and smough, even though they're almost one-to-one the same fucking enemy

although special shout out to aldia, who was added to offset how disappointing a final boss nashandra was, and ended up being even lamer than her

aside from that, luv dat dark souls 2. gets way too bad a rep, especially compared to dark souls 3
« Last Edit: 25 January, 2018, 11:27:34 am by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1097 on: 25 January, 2018, 01:30:36 pm »

The Throne people are especially disappointing because they're never mentioned before or after the fight, so it's not like they have any significance. And then yeah, unlike Ornstein and Smough, they don't have distinct movesets. They just take turns running up to you and swinging their sword. One uses his shield a bit more. They both have gold pine resin in their pockets for halfway through the fight.

Also the Aldia fight is like the very definition of an afterthought. It's the same model he has at every other appearance, they just grafted some tentacles onto it and let him throw fireballs. He probably should have just shown up again, said his piece, and then left, giving you the second choice. It would just work like the third game where doing extra work/quests gives you the option for other endings. It doesn't "fix" the Nashandra fight, but three bad fights in a row doesn't make one good one.

Playing Dark Souls III again will be interesting after this, but what I remember of it, I already want to say it does a disservice by leaning so heavily on the first game while ignoring much of what the second one establishes.
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1098 on: 25 January, 2018, 02:11:36 pm »

i don't say this very often, but nashandra might have been a cool boss if she was in dark souls 3. like, she's fairly cool-looking and her mechanics on paper are fairly interesting, but she doesn't have the aggression or speed to sell either of those details. it's not a fight where you have to reconcile how half of the battlefield is off limits with actively engaging her because she's so inordinately sluggish and benign, even by the standards of non-bloodborne/ds3 bosses.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1099 on: 25 January, 2018, 02:34:38 pm »

i like aldia's theme a lot so i never complain about his fight not being cool enough

Playing Dark Souls III again will be interesting after this, but what I remember of it, I already want to say it does a disservice by leaning so heavily on the first game while ignoring much of what the second one establishes.

That's probably my biggest qualm with III (a game I still like a lot) other than the general increase in difficulty finally feeling unnecessary. I haven't played III in awhile outside of beating Midir, I should probably replay it before the remaster of I comes out.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1100 on: 25 January, 2018, 03:02:34 pm »

Elana is basically a better version of the Nashandra fight. But yeah, as with the Rotten, if that fight had been designed for Dark Souls III it could have been way more memorable.

That's probably my biggest qualm with III (a game I still like a lot) other than the general increase in difficulty finally feeling unnecessary. I haven't played III in awhile outside of beating Midir, I should probably replay it before the remaster of I comes out.
I'm interested to finally play through the DLC for that game.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1101 on: 25 January, 2018, 05:23:29 pm »

Ringed City is pretty good.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1102 on: 25 January, 2018, 10:24:16 pm »

Trying to decide what class to start on. I want to end up with UGSs again (and I have my eye on the Ringed Knight Paired Swords), but I'm wondering what will be the most fun to begin with. I hear Assassin is pretty good, what with Spook and such. Plus it might be nice to actually play a character that has enough INT to talk to the sorcerer for once.

Not really concerned with SL efficiency seeing as I don't care about PvP.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1103 on: 25 January, 2018, 11:00:03 pm »

dark souls 3 is amazingly unfun to play with big strength weapons and that's coming from a guy who uses nothing but in every other souls game, but I guess it'll be an experience. had a friend who fared way better than I did and I still don't know how
« Last Edit: 25 January, 2018, 11:03:10 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1104 on: 26 January, 2018, 08:10:14 am »

Hmm. I know on my first time I played through with a Brigand Axe and the Artorias sword. I guess the idea of swinging a big sword around isn't quite as appealing given how aggressive some of the enemies in this game are, but I still want to try it. If it's not working out, I'll have some kind of fallback.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1105 on: 27 January, 2018, 02:22:24 am »

Started DSIII but am not going to give detailed summaries of that because I've played the game already. I did go with Assassin first because Spook is nifty. I don't enjoy the Estoc though, so I'm using the Astora Straight Sword until I can level up/buy the Zweihander.

I also picked up Celeste today, which is a super solid platformer so far. Played the first two chapters and am looking forward to more.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1106 on: 28 January, 2018, 12:53:27 am »

Got the Zweihander now, which will be nice until I can get the Greatsword in Farron's Keep (or farm a Cathedral one off of one of those knights).

My next dilemma is fashion. I'm in the Mirrah set now, mask and all just because it's decent looking and free. I've also never done the whole Dark Sigil stuff before, so I'm sort of pre-annoyed by the whole hollowing thing. Granted it's pretty cheap to reverse it at the Velka statue, but I don't know if I can be bothered to visit it after every three deaths. So I'm thinking something face-obscuring might be good.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1107 on: 28 January, 2018, 03:41:26 am »

i'll smalltext this in case it isn't wanted, but re: how butt ugly you get after overdosing on dark sigils: if you take that sidequest far enough for yuria to spawn, she'll sell a ring that will allow you to remain in human form. of course, that's a ring slot wasted, but it'll let you get your fashion souls on whenever you can't be fucked to visit that shrine or pick up a purging stone.
« Last Edit: 28 January, 2018, 03:42:58 am by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1108 on: 28 January, 2018, 11:36:03 am »

Yeah I saw that she has that. It's just too expensive at the moment, and yeah there is the matter of needing a slot for it. It's an option, for sure.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1109 on: 28 January, 2018, 11:08:39 pm »

The year is 2018 and for the first time ever, I was invaded (and killed) by a Watchdog of Farron.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 ... 121   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: