Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 03:46:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

random games

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 ... 121   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: random games  (Read 19682 times)
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1155 on: 25 February, 2018, 12:34:00 am »

Spears of the Church would be cooler if it was a straight up duel. As it stands, the player always brings in three summons, and the AI allies are useless. Takes a long time to get summoned, too, just to get invited into a gank cum boss fight.

Gael was one of those fights where the first phase is almost the hardest. He almost seems more erratic during that part, so I kept taking dumb hits, and then I wouldn't have enough estus for later in the fight. His third phase is pretty easy after realizing all of his attacks are just three hit combos. Then it's just a matter of getting the timing.

Will wrap up Cinder tomorrow.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1156 on: 25 February, 2018, 05:26:05 pm »

Realized I hadn't gotten closure was Shira. Naturally, she was mad. She hits really hard, too.

I summoned Yuria and the Pale Shade for the Cinder fight because it seemed fitting to finish this with my leal subjects in tow.

So that's done. The lore implications of both DLCs is pretty cool. It makes me a little bit less sad that a lot of the lore in DS2 was just kinda forgotten (almost fitting, in a way) because at least they brought in some new ideas as a conclusion.

Also I still had fun with big strength weapons, throughout. Just required a good bit more mindfulness.

I was originally going to replay Bloodborne next, but I'm actually thinking about doing Hyper Light Drifter now as I've had it for a while and been meaning to do that. After that, possibly Salt and Sanctuary. Still want to redo BB down the line.
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1157 on: 26 February, 2018, 08:04:12 am »

Started Hyper Light Drifter last night and two hours just kinda disappeared. I dig it so far. Feels good to play even though I am currently bad at it.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1158 on: 26 February, 2018, 11:18:49 pm »

Chain dashing is hard, but I fought a giant frog and killed it on my first try.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1159 on: 26 February, 2018, 11:36:41 pm »

It makes me a little bit less sad that a lot of the lore in DS2 was just kinda forgotten (almost fitting, in a way) because at least they brought in some new ideas as a conclusion.
That was one of my bigger problems with DS3, and I'm glad they addressed some DS2 stuff in the DLC. It's like they just completely disregarded DS2's presence outside a few references in the base game in favor of making it a direct sequel to DS1. To be honest, I think I would have preferred if DS3 was as far removed from the first two games as DS2 was to DS1.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1160 on: 27 February, 2018, 08:43:49 am »

That would have been nice. It's also an odd play to cash in on nostalgia after only like five years or something.

But we only get to work with the game we got.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #1161 on: 27 February, 2018, 08:52:02 am »

the dark souls 1 themes as well as the general end of the world setting are, I'm pretty sure, thematic with how that game is a closer to the franchise that, after coming up on about two decades at the time, finally put their company on the map. basically their own internal swansong to the first thing they ever put out that anyone short of the faithful cadre of mecha otaku who played every armored core game in japan ever cared about. it's why i actually like the dark souls 1 references in dark souls 3 and why I never even thought "where's the dark souls 2 in here" despite liking that game more than 99.9% of everyone else who played it
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1162 on: 27 February, 2018, 11:57:02 am »

the first thing they ever put out that anyone short of the faithful cadre of mecha otaku who played every armored core game in japan ever cared about

the venn diagram of people that liked lost kingdoms and people that liked otogi certainly has to be more than just me right

right
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #1163 on: 27 February, 2018, 12:07:39 pm »

i'm the only person i know who likes armored core
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1164 on: 27 February, 2018, 07:05:58 pm »

i like the demo that came with my ps1 for the first game does that count
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1165 on: 27 February, 2018, 10:44:27 pm »

I understand chain dashing enough to beat the bird boss in the north, so I'm happy with that. I'm gonna have to look up a bunch of secret stuff in this game, though, I can already tell.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1166 on: 28 February, 2018, 08:15:10 pm »

brigitte excite
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1167 on: 01 March, 2018, 05:24:41 am »

she seems rad from what ive seen
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1168 on: 11 March, 2018, 05:26:18 pm »

Beat Hyper Light Drifter. Not sure I'm actually gonna go clean up all the secrets as I'm pretty satisfied with the ending. I think it's just a bunch of currency and cosmetic stuff for the upgrades I didn't need, though. I got the achievement for beating all bosses, so if there's nothing like that hidden, I think I'm good.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1169 on: 14 March, 2018, 08:53:39 am »

Started a new game of Bloodborne so I can play through alongside and in cooperation with my buddy, and also because I had been wanting to. Plus Return to Yharnam is going on right now, so it's an especially good time for it.

I picked the Cleaver and then picked up the Kirkhammer cause I never really used either of those, the first time, though I'm probably gonna do a quality build just so I can kinda use whatever strikes my fancy.

Gascoigne took me three tries this time as opposed to the two tries it took me on my first playthrough, so obviously I'm terrible at this game now.

Also I kept pressing triangle to transform my weapon because that's two handing in Dark Souls lol
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 ... 121   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: