Ultimate Paradise
18 April, 2024, 11:15:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

random games

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 ... 121   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: random games  (Read 21638 times)
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1230 on: 12 July, 2018, 10:06:40 pm »

I think there's a set of insane trials after you beat the valkyrie. I never bothered lol.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1231 on: 12 July, 2018, 10:45:56 pm »

I have 7 of 8 helmets now.

So I have come to Niflheim. And this place instantly makes me want to just look up a guide for the most efficient way to do this stuff because just a couple of runs and one close call were enough to stress me out.

Although it seems like I could technically grind just by going from the center out to the first main area, defeating the enemies that spawn, open the chests, return to the center, repeat?

In any case, I'll see what I have to do in order to get the Chilling Mists of Niflheim (for the final axe upgrade) and the last helmet.

Also looking at the trophies, those other Muspelheim challenges are necessary for the platinum, so I guess I'll find out how much I want it.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1232 on: 12 July, 2018, 11:30:39 pm »

I grinded the first area of Niflheim until I got enough to open the center area. Then I just upgraded my armor as much as I could until I could fight the valkyrie. Also, that armor is among one of the best in the game, so it's definitely worth getting it and upgrading.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1233 on: 13 July, 2018, 09:42:16 am »

Which version of it did you get? The full plate, the double shoulders, or the single shoulder? My Dvegræðikr set favors Runic, so I dunno whether to stay focused on that or have one that favors something else.
« Last Edit: 14 July, 2018, 01:14:52 pm by randomguy44 » Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1234 on: 13 July, 2018, 04:06:19 pm »

I think the one that said Deadly, which might've been the single shoulder one. The valkyrie set is also really good.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1235 on: 13 July, 2018, 05:07:26 pm »

I have two pieces of that, but I'm stressed out about what to use my Perfect Asgardian Steel on. Not sure whether to upgrade the armor or the pommels.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1236 on: 14 July, 2018, 01:03:20 am »

So with a full set of the Ivaldi armor, the mist is completely inconsequential. That's nice, I guess. I did one of the Realm Tears and defeated Hildr, but I've left the other two for later when I can be bothered to continue that grind. Hopefully the rate at which Fog Anchors drop is increased with her out of the way.

After that I went back to Muspelheim just to see what the "Impossible" challenges were like, seeing as I needed some more materials to fully upgrade the Dvegræðikr. The challenge in the first arena is BS. It's the "Take no damage" challenge, and the last wave of enemies is a couple of wolvers and an Ancient.

But the challenges in arena 2, 3, and 4, are all doable, and once you have three keys you can go straight to the top. The "secret trials" scores you bronze, silver, or gold, and it gave me 8 minutes to kill 50 enemies. It only spawned 55 total and I had 2 minutes to spare. So that's neat, and what's neater is that's all you have to do for the trophy. You don't have to actually complete the challenges that you skip.

With that out of the way, I decided to go finish the story, and finish it I did. I had a stray thought the other night that would have led me to that final twist, but I didn't follow through on it. Nice ending anyway, though. Really enjoyed this game and will be glad if they continue on.
« Last Edit: 14 July, 2018, 01:13:52 pm by randomguy44 » Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1237 on: 14 July, 2018, 01:50:03 am »

Did you go back to your cabin after the end of the game?
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1238 on: 14 July, 2018, 02:01:49 am »

Not yet. When I'm finished.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1239 on: 14 July, 2018, 11:50:18 pm »

All right, now the credits are rolling.

It took me three hours to beat Sigrun. Having all the Valkyrie attacks means she gets to string all of the most ridiculous ones together, which is just brutal, especially when she does like three times as much damage as the rest of them. I also have to wonder if her AI is deliberately programmed to punish Ratatoskr because it seemed like every time I summoned him, she would call the meteor storm down onto the health stones.

Winning was a matter of leaning into my strengths. My armor heavily favors Runic attacks, so I leaned into those, using Njord's Spin-to-Win as my light attack and Blessings of the Frost as my heavy. The spin move actually took off like a bar of her health if I landed every hit. Blessings makes it even stronger as well as giving extra weight to regular attacks. It also took me too long to start spamming arrows at her because I forgot that even if they don't stun her, they do debuff her somewhat.

The most satisfying part, however, is that my finishing move was to break her guard and then send her into stun with the Infinity Gaunt-er, Shattered Gauntlet of Ages (which is amazing). The dialogue after she leaves is also hilarious, and the pommel you get for beating her is just perfect. Like, that's the best and only reward for finishing something like that.

So that's that platinum done. If there was a new game plus, I would be sorely tempted to jump right into it, but I'm also glad to have games like this that are self-contained and complete.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1240 on: 18 July, 2018, 11:14:28 pm »

well i bought a switch
Report Spam   Logged

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #1241 on: 18 July, 2018, 11:17:51 pm »

Good.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1242 on: 20 July, 2018, 01:14:18 pm »

Wt games u got bithc?
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1243 on: 20 July, 2018, 01:20:50 pm »

just zelda right now

which, if this email notification is correct, has just arrived

even though the console itself isn't expected for delivery until Monday
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1244 on: 20 July, 2018, 02:40:55 pm »

cool hope you dig it, its pretty rad

gotta get SMASH and the trios battles will resume just like the good old days hell yeah
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 ... 121   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: