Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 07:53:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

random games

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 ... 121   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: random games  (Read 19722 times)
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1290 on: 10 August, 2018, 12:28:33 pm »

I can poke around

also new DOOM looks dope
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1291 on: 10 August, 2018, 12:32:31 pm »

lol there
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #1292 on: 11 August, 2018, 11:21:09 am »

Doom Eternal is goty 2019 for the time being.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1293 on: 12 August, 2018, 10:33:35 pm »

I am free of all my desires in Destiny until Forsaken comes out. Finished all the Solstice armor sets, beat the hard mode Leviathan raid, and hopped in a pickup group for Spire of Stars. Now I'm only going to get on to help clan mates do stuff if they need it.

This means I will return to playing Zelda on the reg. Will resume updates on my journey through the wilds tomorrow.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1294 on: 13 August, 2018, 11:05:34 pm »

I found the Master Sword but I doubt I'm strong enough. Six hearts doesn't seem like my full strength, so I'm just gonna see about doing the shrines in these here Lost Woods instead.

I'm a bit vexed by this one right by the Deku Tree, though. It says to look at the stars for the answer, but you can't actually see them from beneath the tree. Hmm.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1295 on: 14 August, 2018, 12:09:22 am »

I actually remember being stuck on that shrine for a bit. Definitely took me a while, but the solution ended up being more straightforward than I expected after I looked it up lawlz. I guess just don't overthink it.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1296 on: 15 August, 2018, 07:59:48 am »

Yeah my attempts at stargazing haven't really panned out, so I'm just going to go back in there tonight and throw balls around probably.

I did the other Lost Woods trials last night, though. I realized as I was doing it that I had read about the Lost Pilgrimage sometime last year, and thankfully I didn't have as much trouble with it as that person.

I finished upgrading my runes with Purah, and I think when I'm done in the woods I'll try to find my way back east to look for the other scientist person I've heard about. Though I was originally heading west to look for Lake Hylia, so maybe I'll see if I can stumble upon that. I still kinda want to skirt Death Mountain and the surrounding area until I'm ready to get caught up in the plot again.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1297 on: 16 August, 2018, 08:41:38 am »

Yeah my attempts at stargazing haven't really panned out, so I'm just going to go back in there tonight and throw balls around probably.
My first instinct to look at the ceiling for stars was totally wrong, but I noticed the constellations on the wall as soon as I went back into the shrine, so that's done.

I rode back down to the river and was briefly lured south by a cluster of rocks that I could bomb. Found an upgraded lightning rod in a cave there, and then I started getting pings from my shrine sensor, so I went and tracked that down.

After that, I noticed that if I continued West I'd have to take a pretty circuitous route around the castle to keep going, so I turned around and set out for Akkala. I found the Foothills Stable after missing the fork to keep going northeast. I heard that road leads to Goron City, which is apparently rather hot, and I don't have a ton of heat resistance at the moment. So I turned around and got back on track, stopping for the night outside a monster camp at the next fork.

Also I had been wondering if Stalmoblins exist, and it turns out yes, they do.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1298 on: 17 August, 2018, 09:07:53 am »

I'm not sure how best to proceed in Akkala. It's a bigger region than I had realized, and I wanted to go for the tower first, but the base is heavily fortified by that citadel and the flying guardians. I've yet to get close enough to engage with them. The spotlight makes me think maybe they have a focused detection radius and that I could sneak past them, but I need to get a closer look to see how feasible that is.

My other option would be to explore the region blind, without a map or proper vantage point. I've got word that one of the contractors is out east building a village by the lake. I think the scientist guy is probably to the North in the direction of the "Spring of Power."

I've also gotten my closest look yet at Death Mountain, and... something stirs up there.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1299 on: 19 August, 2018, 01:12:08 am »

I decided to take on the citadel, and it went well aside from the three times I would have died without Mipha's Grace and some fairies. I didn't realize from afar that the flying Guardians are full-size instead of scout-size. I'm also not super well equipped to take them on, so I mostly dealt with these by avoiding them or knocking their propellers off so they'd fall down the mountain. The top of the citadel was cool too with the whole blight thing going on. Bit disappointed I couldn't shoot the cannon up there.

Akkala is another reminder to myself that "oh right this game is really big." From the top of the tower I saw like ten different things I wanted to go do. I decided I would still press on to the lab first, but then on the way there three different people told me I should head to skull lake to find the Fang and Bone. There's a shrine there so I'll go anyway. Also met Pikango at the stable and he said there's another memory to recover nearby.

I'm trying not to fast travel much, so I lit the furnace at Robbie's lab even without a torch. I used moblin clubs and tree branches to carry it there. I find myself wondering (like near Hateno) if lighting all the lanterns will do something or if there are just a lot of them to give me many routes back to the lab.

It storms a lot in this region, and I'm running out of non-metal weaponry.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1300 on: 19 August, 2018, 10:05:51 pm »

Nothing makes me change course like a Lynel, and there are two Blue-maned ones roaming in pretty close proximity in this region. I'm also running low on arrows, which makes for some interesting improvisation when I walk into a forest full of octoroks in the middle of a thunderstorm. I'm also annoyed because I talked to Kilton but didn't know he would leave before I could get his picture.

I did manage to get up to the shrine at Skull Lake, though, and after that I rode up and around to the Akkala Wilds to see what else was up there. Crossed slightly over into the Eldin region because Gut Check Rock caught my eye. More than that, though, I'm on the trail of another one of those dragons. I saw Dinraal's tail disappearing over the horizon that way, but I'm not going to go further west at this point. Planning to head back East and work my way along the coast toward that huge conspicuous labyrinth thing, and then heading South toward Lake Akkala and that spiral peninsula thing.

I marked some Black Hinoxes on the map, too, but didn't take them down because I didn't want to waste my weapons. Occurs to me now that they have enough hanging around their necks that I would probably come out even. I still need more arrows, though.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1301 on: 20 August, 2018, 09:26:08 am »

that huge conspicuous labyrinth thing
I died many, many (several) times, not because I went to Lomei Labyrinth Island, but because I left it.

It was certainly worth it to go and loot the maze. I got some giant cores, the shrine, and then the Barbarian helm, which is rad. I'm not sure what's more helpful, the extra attack power or being able to see enemy health bars.

There was a Guardian in the lobby of the maze, which I was able to avoid just by running and breaking line of sight. I noticed the two flying around above the maze as well, no doubt to keep people from climbing over the walls (though I doubt that stops people and I'm guessing there might even be something up there).

So once I felt like I had everything, I hopped off the ledge and floated down to the beach. My horse was still at the top of the cliff, so I started running, grabbing a couple of korok seeds along the way.

And then I saw it. Another Guardian. On one side, the sea. On the other, a sheer cliff face. There was virtually no cover. No way around.

I tried to run past it, but the machines are so fast, and I could only seem to dodge the first shot. And getting hit once usually means death, not necessarily from getting one shot but because the stagger lasts so long that I can't hope to avoid the follow up.

When it became clear that I had to fight, I assessed my arsenal. I was short on regular arrows, but I assumed they wouldn't do me much good anyway. I had plenty of strong swords and stuff, but without a way to stun the damn thing, there was no way I was getting up close.

Fortunately, I had plenty of Shock Arrows. It could be that any direct hit to the eye will stun them, but these seemed to do good damage on top of the stun. With the head unit momentarily discombobulated, I rushed in and started swinging with an 8-fold blade. Breaking the first leg startled me. I wasn't sure it would be that easy to do, but the strategy was clear after that. An arrow to stun whenever it started tracking me, break another leg. Then another, and so on until it was immobilized. After that, it went down quickly enough.

(Also these things have 1500 health, and a bomb does 2 damage. I had seen a tutorial tip about using bombs to flip them over, but without a guaranteed way to get them underneath, I don't see that happening, unless I'm missing something.)

I harvested the wreckage for machine parts and set off down the beach.

There was another one not 200 yards away.

Eventually I remembered to save after killing the first one, and then I downed the second one, too (throwing the Lightscale Trident through its eye as the killing blow).

I shambled up to the stable at sunrise, my meal pouch significantly lighter.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1302 on: 20 August, 2018, 04:54:14 pm »

I wish I could respond to your commentary but I have legitimately forgotten like everything in this game, even though I played it a little less than a year ago. I do think I remember that labyrinth island though and feeling claustrophobic. The guardians were also stressful to fight, especially in that area, but I came out feeling relief.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1303 on: 20 August, 2018, 08:44:59 pm »

Forgotten? Strange.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1304 on: 21 August, 2018, 09:18:24 am »

oh cool, cdpr making stupid, stupid jokes

Made it to Tarrey Town last night, which was good because I had a lot of Spirit Orbs to cash in (I now have a two full stamina wheels and 8 hearts, and will probably just focus on hearts for a while). I also needed to do some cooking, so I did that. I also got a better look at Kilton and exchanged some monster parts for Mon, which, ok. I bought the masks he was selling because running up to a group of bokoblins and chilling sounds cool. Not sure if that's how it works but I'll find out.

I went south from there, toward some sort of Grotto (don't remember the name, started with a U). Did some more shrines. Oh and before that I found another Fairy Fountain, which was cool. I'm short on the fish I need to get my full Zora set to level 2, which is probably the only set I currently have that would provide a bonus, but IDK. Was glad to have found that, though, as I was wanting to go back and visit the first fairy again, so this sort of saves me a trip. Though honestly I need to ride back down that way anyway at some point. And I also need to go back to the Korok Woods. I've got a lot of riding to do once I've finished exploring Akkala.

Which I nearly have. I still don't have a better lead on Dinraal, but he must be further west. I also toyed with the idea of exploring those islands off the coast, but I saw flying guardians and I've got such a full inventory that I don't really want to do that yet. I'll come back later and see if there's anything good out that way.

I got my horse stuck again and am having to run back to the stable now, which is a bummer. Wish there was a way to fix that. Not getting the horse stuck is the best option, I guess.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 ... 121   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: