Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 03:13:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

random games

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 ... 121   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: random games  (Read 21659 times)
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1305 on: 22 August, 2018, 09:34:02 am »

I've departed Akkala for now. There will be reason to return later, but for now I'm off to Lethal Lava Land.

I took the path leading up from the Woodland Stable, riding my horse as far as I could go before carrying on on foot. It wasn't the best way to go to get to the Eldin Tower, but it did lead me to a memory recall.

Once I got a good view of the road and the lava flows, I did manage to locate and ascend the tower. There sure is a lot of lava on the map.

I came prepared with fireproof potions as I was stocking up on lizards whenever I ran into Beedle in Akkala. That came in handy because I didn't have to find many more to trade for the fireproof armor set (which I kinda like the look of). With the time limit off, I kinda want to head back down the road and look at some stuff I skipped over, but I think I'll press on to Goron City instead. Plenty of time for proper exploration later.

Which I would say I'm realizing is one of my favorite things about this game? Like, I have a hard time putting it down, but I also don't feel like I'm in any hurry to finish it. I know at this point that I won't "beat" the game before the Destiny expansion comes out, and that's pretty liberating. I wouldn't mind if it takes me months to finish this, just picking it up here and there, even for twenty, thirty minutes at a time. Just climb to the top of something, find something interesting to head toward, see what happens along the way.

It's a really calming game for me.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1306 on: 22 August, 2018, 07:49:39 pm »

I agree with not feeling compelled to beat it. I had a lot of fun just messing around at my own pace until something finally clicked for me to finish. I usually don't get like that in open world games.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1307 on: 23 August, 2018, 08:14:09 am »

The gorons are funny.

I got to the city last night and cleaned it out pretty quickly. Got the rest of the fireproof armor (which kinda stresses me out to wear on account of the low defense). There's something that bugs me about the merchants and economy in this game, though. They have a limited stock of items, which is the main reason I never have any freaking arrows, but you can sell them an unlimited number of gems to get theoretically infinite rupees. For half a second I balked at the 2000-rupee sticker on the Flamebreaker helmet, but then I remembered I was carrying enough gemstones to buy three of them. Why, if wealth is so easy to acquire, is supply so limited?

I went on to do a bunch of shrines in the area, and then set about getting the Boss's painkillers, which was really fun. I liked using the cannons to mess up some lizalfos.

Yunobo is adorable.

Another thing, how are there koroks on Death Mountain? How are they not just kindling?

Also the gorons stand in pretty stark contrast to the zora. None of them remember me. They also don't seem to be nearly as threatened by the Divine Beast. Vah Ruta was a threat to the entire country, evidently, but the gorons seem at most inconvenienced by Rudania. Maybe there's a greater threat they haven't told me about, or maybe they just don't understand the magnitude of the situation. I guess I'll find out whenever I head back and talk to Bludo again.
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1308 on: 27 August, 2018, 09:05:33 am »

Over the weekend, I:

- Purged Vah Rudania. The Dungeon part was still fun, but Fireblight Ganon was a bit too easy. Now I have Daruk's Protection, which is neat.

- Descended down into the Deplian Badlands, where I learned that there is a third tier of Lynel. I have never run so fast.

- Staked out Dinraal, the Dragon of Power, and claimed one of their scales.

- Solved the mystery of the shrouded shrine within Typhlo Ruins. Fighting a Hinox in the dark is pretty cool, I guess.

- Returned to Tarrey Town to see what progress has been made. I'm now supposed to find a Gerudo whose name ends in 'son.

- Returned to Kakariko Village to pick up the stealth set finally. I'm annoyed that Impa and Paya still won't give me the orb.

- Returned to Hateno Village. I bought everything for my house, which is so nice and homey now. Also dyed a bunch of my armor (mostly purple).

- Returned to Mount Lanayru to solve a shrine quest that I'd left when I didn't have enough cold mitigation.

Now I am venturing out again to the darkened parts of the map. I've decided to head to the center first to unlock the tower for the region with the castle, though i don't mean to stay long. After that, I'll head south from Necluda. That's the most mysterious region to me at this point. From there I'll work my way west and then north.

My rationale for this route is two-fold: the flying machine makes it obvious that the Rito are up in the northwest corner of Hyrule, and I want to save them for last. The second reason is that I want my next return to the Korok Forest (outside of any fast traveling I might do to upgrade my weapon slots) to be when I think I have enough hearts to pull The Sword. I've done about 51 shrines at this point. Doing as many as I can in the remaining half of Hyrule should set me straight, I should think.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1309 on: 27 August, 2018, 12:30:26 pm »

typhlo ruins was very cool
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1310 on: 28 August, 2018, 08:30:10 am »

Unlocked the Central Tower and considered looking around a bit more, but there sure are a bunch of Guardians crawling around that region. I briefly dipped into the ruins of this coliseum and, guess what, there's another effing Lynel in there. I suppose at some point I will fight another one of those, but then again I have not encountered a scenario where turning around and going in a different direction wasn't easier.

I did go over to the Outskirts Stable and got some idea of the layout of the western reaches, but my intention was still to go south.

No sooner had I made it to Hylia Bridge than I was confronted with Farosh, the last (?) dragon. It was on its way up, into the vortex in the clouds (dragons are not of this world), but I shot one of its scales off the next time I saw it. This is the first time I have the scale before knowing where the spring is (which I'm guessing will be the Spring of Courage).

Went down to the stable in this region. Won a pretty sweet new saddle. Awakened the Horse God (I didn't know my horse could die??)

Now I am in the jungle. Kass told me about another shrine, so I followed the path as far as I could, but I've hit a bit of a dead end at a river. Gonna have to go on foot from there on out.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1311 on: 29 August, 2018, 09:38:34 am »

Last night, I stood on a rock at the top of a waterfall, sword in hand, and dared the gods to strike me down.

Now I have rubber pants.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1312 on: 03 September, 2018, 12:16:27 pm »

24 hours until forsaken a;ofia;woiehag
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1313 on: 03 September, 2018, 01:42:39 pm »

Anyway, Zelda update.

There are silver bokoblins, and those dudes are mean.

I'm down at Lurelin Village now, which doesn't have too much going for it. But this'll be a day at the beach for me while I explore the coastline.

The more I play, the more I'm pretty underwhelmed by the various rune abilities.

Bombs are fine, though I wish they were a little bit stronger. It would also be cool if there was a bit more variation between the round and square bomb.

Magnesis is also pretty good, but while the game will suggest you can use it to attack dudes, doing so isn't exactly easy to do.

Cryonis is one I always forget about, and it's not until there's like a treasure chest floating in the river that I remember I can use it. Like most of the time it's easier to swim across a body of water than it is to build a series of platforms. Getting the Zora armor early also took away the waterfall-climbing potential of the ability.

The one I really have beef with is Stasis, though. This one could just be easier to use in general. It's especially frustrating trying to move little rocks around to reveal Koroks, and the only time I get annoyed about weapon degradation is if it's from wearing stuff down doing that.

It could be that I'm not imaginative enough to use these things in other ways, but it just seems like I usually don't need them outside of shrines.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1314 on: 04 September, 2018, 07:52:33 am »

I tried to swim to Eventide Island, despite the Gerudo woman's warning that one would need wings to get there. It didn't work. I also don't have a Korok leaf, so I didn't bother finding a raft.

So I'm officially heading West now. I've found all the obvious shrines in this region (I'm up to 61), and I just got my first heart container on the second row. Also I'm either wise to most of the Korok shenanigans by now, or there are just some really densely populated areas because there have been several times where I find like three all with line of sight of each other.

I wish the game didn't punish me for being thorough with my documentation. It should let you save way more than 48 pictures. I came across a girl who won't let me have an orb until I show her pictures of three types of guardian. I've had pictures of the scout and flying types in the past, but they've long since been deleted so I could make room for new pics. Now I have to go track down specimens and get more pictures, when I might have just had them on hand if I could save like 200, 300 pictures instead. Better yet, they could just let you show people your compendium entry. This same thing happened to me when the Korok wanted to see a pic of a Blupee.

The last thing I did before stopping was recover a memory on Scout's Hill, overlooking Lake Hylia and the ruins of Deya Lake. I recalled Zelda asking if I hadn't wanted to be a knight, but if everyone told me I had to, that it was my fate, would I still follow that path?

Makes you wonder.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1315 on: 06 September, 2018, 08:24:43 am »

not gonna bore y'all with updates on the Destiny expansion, but I'll just say that so far it is extremely my shit
Report Spam   Logged

Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Masterman
Mood: Yandere

Yes.

« Reply #1316 on: 10 September, 2018, 08:13:04 pm »

Florence is coming for us bro. Be safe.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1317 on: 11 September, 2018, 10:28:09 am »

That shit's scary, be safe both of you.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1318 on: 12 September, 2018, 09:06:45 am »

Florence is coming for us bro. Be safe.
You too, Mattress.

Hoping power outage is the only thing I have to contend with. People on the coast are gonna get hit hard.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1319 on: 17 September, 2018, 08:54:26 am »

Miraculously, I did not lose power this weekend. A good portion of the state is still underwater, so I'm feeling fortunate.

Hoping Florence was equally gentle to you, Mattress.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 ... 121   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: